Eddie’s late thread lackeys v de Zerbi’s beach bums

Always a good time to score. 

6 league goals for Ciggy. Not bad given he’s been far from his best for large parts of it 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

CIGGY!!!!!!!!

:lol:

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Ciggy!!!

No Way Beer GIF by Busch

• Haha 1

We look ropey at the back but I think it's a product of the decision to press them combined with the makeshift back 4/5 arrangement we're going with. It's risky but Brighton do seem super vulnerable to the press. Just need to execute it that little bit better (and not have the ref bail them out with soft free kicks when they get caught).

Just now, toonotl said:

We look ropey at the back but I think it's a product of the decision to press them combined with the makeshift back 4/5 arrangement we're going with. It's risky but Brighton do seem super vulnerable to the press. Just need to execute it that little bit better (and not have the ref bail them out with soft free kicks when they get caught).

Their attack is based on teams pressing them, and them breaking that press, so if you do it you need to do it well otherwise they find themselves with loads of space.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, toonotl said:

Yeah. It’s a plugged up defence and our press is getting bypassed quite easily at times. I’m not sure this Anderson filling in a left back works in the long run. It worked a treat v spurs but failed miserably at Palace (and not doing well here either).

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OTF said:

Their attack is based on teams pressing them, and them breaking that press, so if you do it you need to do it well otherwise they find themselves with loads of space.

Veltman going off has helped us, like. No coincidence that we’ve started getting more space down the left since then

I'm sure Tino will be told to stand stronger against his man. He's trying to press of course but been brushed off way to easily a couple of times. 

The goal gives us a bit more confidence hopefully, get Isak involved and Barnes later on has always looked sharp coming on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

We're missing Schars distribution too. 

yeah, we’ve gone from having two ball-playing centre halves in Botman and Schar to Krafth and Burn, who can defend well but don’t exactly spray it around

Paraguayan Craig Bellamy staying down simply to try to get Burn punished, little shit.

• Like 1