Gerrard wants Owen back at Anfield

Scottish Mag

According to the Sunday Times he does have a clause saying he can go if someone bids £12million for him. If that's the case and he does go that'll be about £9-10million including wages for less than a season playing for us. Nice work if you can get and a GREAT piece of contract negotiation by NUFC.

According to the Sunday Times he does have a clause saying he can go if someone bids £12million for him. If that's the case and he does go that'll be about £9-10million including wages for less than a season playing for us. Nice work if you can get and a GREAT piece of contract negotiation by NUFC.

106005[/snapback]

Not Shepherd's fault though. Leazes tells me he was off sick that day, so Souness handled the contract negotiation.

I'm one of the few people who think he will be here next season, unless we get a stupid offer for him that the board and/or new manager think is just too good to turn down, and even then i don't believe Fred wants to lose our "new Shearer" he loves this club having a genuine world class, big name striker as our spearhead.

If Fred has allowed any clause in the contract that allows Owen to go for less than we paid for him then he's a moron and nobody could defend him. If its as low as some are claiming then he'd need shooting for it, but i don't think its the case.

If Fred has allowed any clause in the contract that allows Owen to go for less than we paid for him then he's a moron and nobody could defend him.

106134[/snapback]

I'm sure a certain poster on here would have a go. ;)

106005[/snapback]

Not Shepherd's fault though. Leazes tells me he was off sick that day, so Souness handled the contract negotiation.

106013[/snapback]

;)

I don't think the £12m clause is unfeasible, but that really would be the lowest bid we'd take anyway.

We couldn't have anticipated the broken toe which has halved his season but the goals he has contributes will probably have seen us 4 or 5 places better off than we otherwise would have been. That's a couple of million in prize money alone, not to mention the fact it boosted merchendise sales, placated a lot of sponsors and most importantly shut up any disquiet against the board. He wasn't just bought for goals.

£20million and they can have him.

105661[/snapback]

He'll go in the summer, it's just a matter of how much. I reckon we'll be lucky to get £10m.

105664[/snapback]

If he does go for that would be another transfer where we have lost money, sometimes i think ths chairman has more money than sense, owen is a great striker but look at all the other flops the club has had to let go with a considerable loss of the orignal transfer money

What did Freddie actually say though? Genuine question.

106474[/snapback]

"I have heard a little rumour that Michael has a clause in his contract which states he can leave Newcastle United in one year's time.

"I can tell you now that he hasn't. Of course Michael has clauses in his contract.

In this day and age, all top players do. Alan Shearer does. But that is not one of them."

106474[/snapback]

"I have heard a little rumour that Michael has a clause in his contract which states he can leave Newcastle United in one year's time.

"I can tell you now that he hasn't. Of course Michael has clauses in his contract.

In this day and age, all top players do. Alan Shearer does. But that is not one of them."

106477[/snapback]

So he doesn't actually say he hasn't got a clause allowing him to leave if a £12million bid is received does he? He doesn't say he hasn't got a clause in his contract that would let him leave for less than we paid for him either.

Edited by alex

106474[/snapback]

106477[/snapback]

So he doesn't actually say he hasn't got a clause allowing him to leave if a £12million bid is received does he? He doesn't say he hasn't got a clause in his contract that would let him leave for less than we paid for him either.

106478[/snapback]

He told his wife he loved her this morning as well.

Why would we sell him for £10m?

If he goes after we've paid his wages while he's been out, I'll be tempted to track him down and give him a Chinese burn.

105776[/snapback]

What a difference a few months make. Thousands came to see him sign on "I`M GOING TO BRING YOU GOALS" he said so 7 goals from 10 appearances equals just over 2 million a goal or 1.5 million an appearance not forgetting the wages he`s had while he has been injured.

HE OWES US BIG TIME.

If he does go i reckon he should PAY US big bucks in compensation along with that Scottish guy who used to be the Manager.

*ahem*

Owen dismisses Gerrard Reds plea

Newcastle United's former Liverpool striker Michael Owen has played down a plea from Reds captain Steven Gerrard for him to 'come home' to Anfield.

Gerrard feels Owen, a £17m signing from Real Madrid in August 2005, would solve his side's goalscoring problems.

Owen said: "It is nice of Steven to say what he thinks of me, but someone else makes those decisions.

"I am happy here, as I have always said. I made a decision last summer to come here and have loved every minute."

He added: "Stevie has said they need a striker, or that they need to score more goals.

"He's a good friend of mine, so I'd expect him to say 'Michael Owen is a good player' because I would say the same about him."

Owen has not played this year because of a broken foot and admits he has been frustrated by his long lay-off.

"Thankfully when I have played, we have managed to get some points and I have managed to get some goals," he told his club's website.

"I'd be feeling pretty awful if that hadn't been the case and I'd played nine or 10 games and nothing had happened when I had played.

"That's the only softening of the blow. But the rest of it is not. I'm disappointed that I haven't played as much, but it will not be long until I will be playing again.

"Hopefully, it's only a short period of time and I'll be back out there in the black and white."

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ted/4809044.stm

Published: 2006/03/15 13:02:39 GMT

© BBC MMVI