Norman Kember

Ugly Mackems

Shows no gratitude at all towards those who risked their own safety to sucure his own safety.

The two Canadians rescued with him are totally not interested in helping the rescuers with details of their ordeal that could give information that may lead to the capture of the hostage takers.

Cunts! Send them back to almost certain death.

well its not often I jump in to agree but yeah,

if they're not willing to give over all the information they have then its like shitting on the grave of the American that was killed and helping to sign a death sentence for the next poor sods that are grabbed by this gang.

Frankly, its proof that special forces etc shouldnt waste their time trying to get silly old goats such as this out.

from the Beeb

"Head of the British Army, Gen Sir Mike Jackson, said he was "saddened" there did not seem to be any gratitude.

Christian Peacemaker Teams, the group all three men were campaigning for, insisted it had thanked the soldiers.

And Pat Kember, the campaigner's wife, said: "I am overjoyed that Norman is free to come home and I am very grateful for all those who have helped secure his release." "

hes a loon! theyl be trying to keep him off the telly cos hel just go into a rant ala kanye stylee about how the military occupation of Iraq is unjust and hed rather hed been left there than been the subject of military intervention.

whats the sad old cunt doing fucking off abroad and leaving his family at home for anyway. surely they should be his first concern.

needs to sort his priorities tbh

i was under the impression that he hadnt been rescued as such. it was more like the special force unit came across him as he'd been abandoned by his captors.

i may be wrong.......

the 'official' story is that they launched an attack to free him but his captors had already fled. however, that may be spin doctor talk for 'found him by accident'.

110464[/snapback]

exactamundo

Seem to be plenty of conflicting stories and quotes, but if he's really not said thanks to the soldiers who saved him then he's a fucking moron. He's stupid enough to go over there anyway, no wonder he got kidnapped.

Apparently he's planning on going back. Well then, if the deluded auld git thinks Iraqis are just going to fall at his feet and welcome him with open arms, just bacause he doesn't agree with the war, he's stupider than I thought.

I cannot beleive that ungreatful old bastard hasn't thanked his rescuers. Weather it was a mistake or not, I'd definitely be thanking them if it was me, having seen the quite simply horrible way previous captors have been killed. He obviosuly wouldn't have minded getting pumped full of lead at close range, or getting his head brutally sawn off while they captured it on tape then..

Edited by WubbleUC

FFS he hasn't made any statement yet. His organisation did say thanks so the general or whoever was talking shite. Since when has anything generals said been 100% truth?

Daily Mail journalism at its best (I saw it in the Standard which is the same thing).

FFS he hasn't made any statement yet. His organisation did say thanks so the general or whoever was talking shite. Since when has anything generals said been 100% truth?

Daily Mail journalism at its best (I saw it in the Standard which is the same thing).

110478[/snapback]

you're as deluded and as naive as him

110478[/snapback]

110480[/snapback]

Thee was a statement of thanks on their website yesterday before the general spoke.

He has not spoken to a journalist yet.

I agree he's an idiot for going there but this "thanks" story is utter shite.

I'm sorry it doesn't fit your worldview but thats the truth.

Edit: now he has spoken and surprise surprise thanked them whilst making his point.

Edited by NJS

110478[/snapback]

110480[/snapback]

Thee was a statement of thanks on their website yesterday before the general spoke.

Edit: now he has spoken and surprise surprise thanked them whilst making his point.

110484[/snapback]

apparently he didn't say thanks to anyone, he's only made a public statement after being vilified for it.

I can't see why the people who said he didn't thank them would say he didn't if he had ! These people don't seek publicity, so they must be pretty pissed off.

If he goes back again he's just taking the piss IMO [or fantastically stupid]

110478[/snapback]

110480[/snapback]

110484[/snapback]

apparently he didn't say thanks to anyone, he's only made a public statement after being vilified for it.

I can't see why the people who said he didn't thank them would say he didn't if he had ! These people don't seek publicity, so they must be pretty pissed off.

If he goes back again he's just taking the piss IMO [or fantastically stupid]

110512[/snapback]

He's only made a public statement now because he's only just got home!

I liked Jimmy Carr's line on 9 out of 10 cats last night mind:

"If he'd wanted to be beaten and chained to a radiator he'd have got a home help in."

:)

Hostage syndrome tbh, he's obviously fallen in love with his captors and who can blame him, he's 70 odd, it's his last chance of a meaningfull relationship. He obviously wasn't happy in his marriage or he wouldn't have fucked off to work in a war zone would he.

He's been removed from his loved one's by burly blokes in balaclavas! Tantermount to kidnapping tbh!

TBH I wouldn't send ANYONE to save someone who volunteers to go and risk their lives in downtown Baghdad

It's their choice after all

Mrs T's "robust" reaction to IRA hunger strikers soon saw that off as a tactic

Edited by Rob W

What did he expect would happen, misguided cretin.

Nice to see (I counted, might well have been more) three coppers outside his house dealing with the media 'scrum' yesterday too. God forbid they'd actually do some proper police work, waste of manpower having them there