Ever seen a Ghost or UFO

Jusoda Kid

Time to resurrect this thread following some weirdy goings-on at work again.

My department has 8 operating theatres all running down one side of a very long corridor.  It's always been said that Theatre 7 was the dodgy one where people hear and see things most often and it appears that Theatre 7's inhabitant has decided to act himself this week.  Firstly, I saw one of my colleagues (I thought) disappear through the door into the anaesthetic room only to follow them down the corridor, through the door and find the room completely empty yet I could hear footsteps at the far end of the room.  Turns out said colleague was upstairs in the coffee room at the time.

He's also been having a bit chatter on with us, clearly asking one of the lads "Where are they?" The lad in question, again thinking it was one of his colleagues, answered through into theatre that "They're all upstairs having a break" only to discover there was no-one in theatre to have asked the question.

The funniest was last night when a couple of us were winding my mate Sam up about "Theatre 7's Ghost" cos we all know how much of a wimp she is.  We told her he'd been acting himself this week and she was sticking her fingers in her ears whilst chanting "Shut up shut up shut up" and clearly shitting herself.  We've got some superstitions at work that you never say that it's quiet (cos it instantly gets busy) and you don't mention the word 'aneurysm' (cos one inevitably crashes through the doors from A&E) Sam thought she'd be clever to get us back and walked away from us down the corridor going "You're all shits! There's nothing in here!  I hope your night gets really busy - ANEURYSM ANEURYSM ANEURYSM!!!!!!!" She walked into theatre 7 and loud and clear a voice said "Shut up!" She nearly shit, screamed like she was being murdered, ran the full length of the corridor nearly knocking us flying and burst into tears.  :lol:

I don't know who or what we've got living in Theatre 7 but I think he's got a sense of humour  ;)

168249[/snapback]

Funny you brought this up Cath... was at work last night and felt myself being tapped on the left shoulder for most of the evening. Yeh, you know the scenario, no one close by when it was happening. This is pretty common on this wing, but my medcart slowly rolling down the hall on its own is another matter.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you brought this up Cath... was at work last night and felt myself being tapped on the left shoulder for most of the evening. Yeh, you know the scenario, no one close by when it was happening. This is pretty common on this wing, but my medcart slowly rolling down the hall on its own is another matter.

168547[/snapback]

Sounds like staying away from the meds for a little while might do you some good. :lol:

My department has 8 operating theatres all running down one side of a very long corridor.  It's always been said that Theatre 7 was the dodgy one where people hear and see things most often and it appears that Theatre 7's inhabitant has decided to act himself this week.  Firstly, I saw one of my colleagues (I thought) disappear through the door into the anaesthetic room only to follow them down the corridor, through the door and find the room completely empty yet I could hear footsteps at the far end of the room.  Turns out said colleague was upstairs in the coffee room at the time.

He's also been having a bit chatter on with us, clearly asking one of the lads "Where are they?" The lad in question, again thinking it was one of his colleagues, answered through into theatre that "They're all upstairs having a break" only to discover there was no-one in theatre to have asked the question.

The funniest was last night when a couple of us were winding my mate Sam up about "Theatre 7's Ghost" cos we all know how much of a wimp she is.  We told her he'd been acting himself this week and she was sticking her fingers in her ears whilst chanting "Shut up shut up shut up" and clearly shitting herself.  We've got some superstitions at work that you never say that it's quiet (cos it instantly gets busy) and you don't mention the word 'aneurysm' (cos one inevitably crashes through the doors from A&E) Sam thought she'd be clever to get us back and walked away from us down the corridor going "You're all shits! There's nothing in here!  I hope your night gets really busy - ANEURYSM ANEURYSM ANEURYSM!!!!!!!" She walked into theatre 7 and loud and clear a voice said "Shut up!" She nearly shit, screamed like she was being murdered, ran the full length of the corridor nearly knocking us flying and burst into tears.  :lol:

I don't know who or what we've got living in Theatre 7 but I think he's got a sense of humour  ;)

168249[/snapback]

168547[/snapback]

Joking about aside, this is a little unsettling. I was also on night shift last night. A couple odd things happened. Each one was explainable i suppose, but all together added up to an odd night, i actually said to one of the morning staff that it had been a weird night....pens disappearing, fridge door wide open etc etc.

Was is 'haunting night' or summat? ;)

168547[/snapback]

Sounds like staying away from the meds for a little while might do you some good. :lol:

168558[/snapback]

Free, easy access... tell me you'd be a better person than I. ;) ;)

168249[/snapback]

168547[/snapback]

Joking about aside, this is a little unsettling. I was also on night shift last night. A couple odd things happened. Each one was explainable i suppose, but all together added up to an odd night, i actually said to one of the morning staff that it had been a weird night....pens disappearing, fridge door wide open etc etc.

168561[/snapback]

I've lost a pen and left my fridge door open before too. WEIRD!

168249[/snapback]

168547[/snapback]

168561[/snapback]

168573[/snapback]

:blush:

I don't know who or what we've got living in Theatre 7 but I think he's got a sense of humour  :blush:

168249[/snapback]

168547[/snapback]

168561[/snapback]

168573[/snapback]

Was that after you discovered there was knowt left in your fridge? ;)

I don't know who or what we've got living in Theatre 7 but I think he's got a sense of humour  :blush:

168249[/snapback]

168547[/snapback]

Was is 'haunting night' or summat? :blush:

168561[/snapback]

168573[/snapback]

168579[/snapback]

On reflection, maybe I ate the pen. ;)

168567[/snapback]

I know I'd be dead, I'm not sure where that puts me on the better person scale. :lol:

168249[/snapback]

168547[/snapback]

168561[/snapback]

168573[/snapback]

168579[/snapback]

168580[/snapback]

Lets hope they admit you to Cath's theatre 7 then!!! :blush:

Edited by Toonraider

168249[/snapback]

168547[/snapback]

168561[/snapback]

168573[/snapback]

168579[/snapback]

168580[/snapback]

That's what I meant :blush:

168567[/snapback]

I know I'd be dead, I'm not sure where that puts me on the better person scale. :lol:

168581[/snapback]

But then you could haunt people and watch all the dorty beggars on here have a panic thinking you might be watching them have a wank.

Saying all of this if any of you died would you come back to "haunt" and if so would it be you loved ones e.g. familly and friends and watch over them or would you haunt people you dislike or just haunt randoms?

Because me i like the idea of scaring the shite out of people i dislike but id like to know how my familly are doing. :lol:

But then you could haunt people and watch all the dorty beggars on here have a panic thinking you might be watching them have a wank.

168586[/snapback]

:lol:

• 7 years later...

Twice on waking in the middle of the night, I've seen an apparition hovering above my bed. Both of these ghostly manifestations occurred in the middle of trying to give up drinking for a couple of weeks. I suspect there may be a scientific explanation for this…..

Twice on waking in the middle of the night, I've seen an apparition hovering above my bed. Both of these ghostly manifestations occurred in the middle of trying to give up drinking for a couple of weeks. I suspect there may be a scientific explanation for this…..

Yeah, I've seen a "ghost" from bed having woke up in the middle of the night. Rubbed my eyes and looked really closely a few times and still couldn't work out what the floating light in the shape of a child was. Too tired to work it out and went back to sleep.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I've seen a "ghost" from bed having woke up in the middle of the night. Rubbed my eyes and looked really closely a few times and still couldn't work out what the floating light in the shape of a child was. Too tired to work it out and went back to sleep.

Think when you just wake up your brain is still in dream mode...