General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Boss calls me up asking to know why I went to a colleague for advice on a bit of code and not her. Then she says "It's because I'm a woman isn't it, I've had this all my life you know?!". She sounded tense AF so I was honest and said it was because I know she's busier than he is and that he and I had worked on something related quite recently.

Jesus Christ man, it's not misogyny. I was being fucking considerate. 

Wimmin!

I often find a 'Are yee for fucking real?' Followed by a gentle explanation gets the point across in an understanding way. (They understand by the initial sentence they've made a tit of themselves).

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Boss calls me up asking to know why I went to a colleague for advice on a bit of code and not her. Then she says "It's because I'm a woman isn't it, I've had this all my life you know?!". She sounded tense AF so I was honest and said it was because I know she's busier than he is and that he and I had worked on something related quite recently.

Wimmin!

You should have said "NO WAY have you been a woman all your life! Seriously though, is that right cos I am about to lose a pretty large bet."

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 9

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You work for the female wyki?

She's a cannuck so generally has a sunny disposition.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

How many times has she apologised so far? 

Not fucking one time. 

She's no Rayvin.

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Is she from Quebec? 

I don't know. Those kinds of things don't interest me. Where people are from, what they're interested in, their names etc.

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
Has she got a weird French accent, then? 

No, a transatlantic one. 

Look these questions are great and all, but it strays from the important point.

vintage phone GIF by Challenger

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Wimmin!

I thought I was in the Post a Joke Thread for a second.

10 hours ago, The Fish said:

Sexist cunt, innit

Edited by spongebob toonpants

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20240224-091123.thumb.png.de9a1e5a9c13ac2dcb7c846c60eb67f5.png

This must be the new plan to keep the forrins out. Fill the channel with raw sewage.

No swimming for you today, @PaddockLad

You got a link to the live map?

we’ve just come back from the beech with the dog, probably 50 people in the sea at Branksome Chine 🤢

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

we’ve just come back from the beech with the dog, probably 50 people in the sea at Branksome Chine 🤢

It's actually an app. Definitely worth having on your phone if you're taking the dog to the beach - I was looking cos we were thinking of taking him.

https://www.sas.org.uk/water-quality/sewage-pollution-alerts/

This is their website but worth digging out the app as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Screenshot_20240224-092859.thumb.png.70e0840400c458a353c5239f2f71665f.png

You're in the clear!

• Like 1

Yeah I’ve just had a look. There’s a huge sewage outlet on the harbour side just where those crosses are. On Wednesday and Thursday we had 48 hours of constant heavy rain so it’s no surprise really. The harbour there is one of Britain's premier surf/kite sailing/paddle board spots 😬

59 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Cullercoats probably has an outlet too?…

IMG_3845.jpeg

I don't think it does. There's been a problem with water quality in Cullercoats bay for years but nobody seems to know why with Northumbria water's investigations drawing a bank. Shame because it's a nice place to swim otherwise, one of the few sheltered sites. 

• Like 2

On 24/02/2024 at 09:44, PaddockLad said:

Cullercoats probably has an outlet too?…

IMG_3845.jpeg

Fuck the pollution, is everyone just going to ignore that absolute quality bit of punnery in the name of what I assume is an omelette shop?

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Fuck the pollution, is everyone just going to ignore that absolute quality bit of punnery in the name of what I assume is an omelette shop?

Stop Motion Yes GIF by Mouse

🙂