General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

27 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

That's true, couldn't have picked a worse time to be kicking my heels with the cold, wet, dark, shit weather, at least if it had've been summer I could've made the most of the free time. :good:

Thought you were talking about a British summer. 🙂 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Toonpack said:

What he said 

1B491918-A17A-443F-9660-91750E08BCAE.jpeg

Fucking hell, she was the main act at last weekend's Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, where there was huge memorials for a gay couple that had been murdered by one of their ex-lovers, who was, a copper.

She might need to talk to her booking agent.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv2yeejnxryo

Tower block in Walker getting blown up! 

I might see if I can get to watch it- always fancied seeing a decent sized demolition. 

You think they'd just wait till around October/November so the noise just blends in seamlessly?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

'Kin hell, just when HMHM's luck turns for the better, they blow up his hoose. 

I once had to carry furniture up those flats as a favour to a kid I worked with around 1992. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I once had to carry furniture up those flats as a favour to a kid I worked with around 1992. 

Did you get a canny bag of:

image.png.8b5838f7b65071fcf67d53d7fa1db71f.png

For your troubles? 

• Haha 6

Just read the contract, T&C's of my new job and not quite as good as I thought. Pay seems ok but one or two things I'm not too happy with, their union wants shot with shit for signing some of it off. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Did you get a canny bag of:

image.png.8b5838f7b65071fcf67d53d7fa1db71f.png

For your troubles? 

No, but I did get a drunken nosh from his lass a few weeks later after a drink with workmates. (Unfortunately I was out of it otherwise I would've stopped her if I was remotely sensible). I felt terrible at the time but I couldn't stand the kid at times as he could be a right prick when he wanted to be, the favour was for another mate who was seeing the kids sister who was stunning so he obviously wanted to keep her happy. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

No, but I did get a drunken nosh from his lass

Think nowadays I'd prefer the crisps.... 

• Haha 5

49 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Just read the contract, T&C's of my new job and not quite as good as I thought. Pay seems ok but one or two things I'm not too happy with, their union wants shot with shit for signing some of it off. 

uh-oh-excited-john-cena-1p8ho2xvqejrrk2g

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Same taste tbh. 

What fucking crisps are you eating?

• Haha 2

Once helped a mate move from Melbourne Court in town to a place near Chilly Road. He’s sound but to say he needs a rocket up his jacksie at times is an understatement. I knew it was going to be a long day when I turned up and most of his stuff hadn’t even packed :lol: his (now ex) lass, who was also moving was a right miserable fucker too. I don’t even think she spoke the whole time, let alone said thanks 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, The Fish said:

What fucking crisps are you eating?

You ever try Tudor Pickled Onion??

Much like HMHM’s mate’s Mrs giving him a blowy, it’s a once and never again experience. 

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You ever try Tudor Pickled Onion??

Much like HMHM’s mate’s Mrs giving him a blowy, it’s a once and never again experience. 

I'd completely forgotten about it until the Hexham avenue flats posts. :lol:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Never Mind Oh Dear GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

🙂 

Seriously though, I hope it works out.

Perhaps see how it goes but keep looking for something else? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

What year did get to the flat ??

• Haha 3

On 06/03/2024 at 11:24, Howmanheyman said:

I've been offered a decent enough paid job at a good, growing company, still shifts but only 8's and maybe the odd half a shift on a Saturday morning every three weeks. It's been three months since I was made redundant and things were looking bleak job wise after I'd exhausted some good early leads because some of the few jobs available belonged in a Dicken's novel just going on the T&Cs. I honestly feel like crying with the relief of it. Easy to get to and no bad traffic time starts. Thank christ for that. 

Aaaaand breathe....

Season 11 Sigh GIF by One Chicago

Great news mate but tinged with sadness that fucking lazy cunt is no more.

Do you think they would be amenable to making your Saturday half shifts on the afternoon rather than the morning ?? Winter only, you can do morning in the summer, just thinking about what’s best for NUFC.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

So Robert Plant is in his local in Kidderminster just before Christmas  in 1989. Gets chatting to a few cops who are in a covers band who are doing a charity gig in the shopping centre the next day........ why not 

Their “All along the watchtower” is really good 😀 the lead guitarist is fuckin mint and you can tell Plant really loves the song  👍

Going to see Mrs PL’s mate’s band later… similar to the above he’s a phenomenal guitarist…..shame he can’t sing for shit 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Was on Guernsey in 76 on a lads holiday (12p a short in the local clerb) and main nightclub was called Barbarella’s in there on the Saturday and talking to a local who said you should have been in last night and seen the band, were they good I asked, aye he said it was only fucking Zeppelin playing under a false name just for fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Their “All along the watchtower” is really good 😀 the lead guitarist is fuckin mint and you can tell Plant really loves the song  👍

Going to see Mrs PL’s mate’s band later… similar to the above he’s a phenomenal guitarist…..shame he can’t sing for shit 😆

The band all with crap mustaches and crapper jumpers, Plant giving it the full rock god.  Its magnificent

Edited by spongebob toonpants
  • Haha 2