General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Lozza having a completely normal one again I see (apparently this was deleted pretty sharpish)

IMG_8716.jpeg

Edited by Alex
  • Jaysus... 1

Just had to book five separate tickets to get the best fare on a Peterborough-Newcastle return next month. Perfectly normal rail system, definitely not broken at all. :lol:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Just had to book five separate tickets to get the best fare on a Peterborough-Newcastle return next month. Perfectly normal rail system, definitely not broken at all. :lol:

It would be mad enough anyway but that’s obviously direct trains on the line that connects the English and Scottish capital cities :lol: 

• Like 1

On 28/03/2024 at 03:23, Alex said:

Lozza having a completely normal one again I see (apparently this was deleted pretty sharpish)

IMG_8716.jpeg

• Haha 2

Good Friday chippy carnage…

IMG_2488.thumb.jpeg.01eceb5feafb2c6e433328b2a4084496.jpeg

Because we all must eat fish on the, (variable, depending on the moon or something) day Baby Cheeses died as it was ordained by the Easter Rabbit, which laid eggs, probably. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Good Friday chippy carnage…

IMG_2488.thumb.jpeg.01eceb5feafb2c6e433328b2a4084496.jpeg

Because we all must eat fish on the, (variable, depending on the moon or something) day Baby Cheeses died as it was ordained by the Easter Rabbit, which laid eggs, probably. 

I've just driven past the Harbour View in Seaton Sluice. Was pissing down, queue out the door with at least 50 people happy to pay for the privelge of soggy fish and chips in the rain. Doubt it's got much to do with God, just a silly SE Northumberland tradition now, and the chips aren't even that good. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I've just driven past the Harbour View in Seaton Sluice. Was pissing down, queue out the door with at least 50 people happy to pay for the privelge of soggy fish and chips in the rain. Doubt it's got much to do with God, just a silly SE Northumberland tradition now, and the chips aren't even that good. 

No doubt you’ll have been on the deep fried puffin. There’s two references there and I think you’re the only one who’d get one of them

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

No doubt you’ll have been on the deep fried puffin. There’s two references there and I think you’re the only one who’d get one of them

tenor.gif

Well, I’ll explain. The Catholic Church deemed all sorts of different things to not be meat that was meat. As you're not supposed to eat meat during Lent. So if you lived on whichever remote Scottish archipelago it was (can’t remember off the top of my head) puffin formed a large part of the diet at this time of year. So, instead of people starving, puffin was counted as ‘fish’, not meat. The link here is you eat fish on Good Friday and Renton tried puffin on holiday (Iceland? Norway?) once. I think. If that didn’t need an explanation then GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HEAD, please 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Alex said:

Well, I’ll explain. The Catholic Church deemed all sorts of different things to not be meat that was meat. As you're not supposed to eat meat during Lent. So if you lived on whichever remote Scottish archipelago it was (can’t remember off the top of my head) puffin formed a large part of the diet at this time of year. So, instead of people starving, puffin was counted as ‘fish’, not meat. The link here is you eat fish on Good Friday and Renton tried puffin on holiday (Iceland? Norway?) once. I think. If that didn’t need an explanation then GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HEAD, please 

I thought the Renton link was when Ramsey necked Puffin in Iceland and the chatterati lost their shit. 

Mines better. :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I don’t see why we can’t combine them :lol: 

Agreed - Renton fucked a puffin in front of Gordon Ramsey one Easter.
This is now forum lore. :lol:

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

anyone been here? 

https://www.restaurantrebel.co.uk/

looks quite fancy. fine dining in heaton - who knew?

From another thread but Heaton was and still is quite a decent area, my grandparents moved to one new estate in Heaton when Byker was renovated and the old streets demolished in the 70s. It was newish and decent enough but I walked past it recently and it was very sad to see, it looked a shit hole, Shields Road is a shadow of itself and going further away, my other grandparents street in Belfast has massively deteriorated if you go on Google maps. The decline in loads of places I know over the decades is really sad to see and doesn't happen overnight but takes decades, is this the managed decline of the Thatcher plan? 

29 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

is this the managed decline of the Thatcher plan? 

Ask yourself

”Would it be the same if Labour had been the main ruling party over the same time period? “

Thatchers policies on housing, privatisation, unions and healthcare are 100% to blame. 

• Like 2

I only have a 'ghost' account on FB due to the club posting everything on there (cunts).  Anyways every now and then it suggests groups etc.  It popped up this morning with one about Traffic in the Cleaveland area :lol:  There was a crash on the A19 last night.  Looked a nasty one with air ambulance out etc.  The comments do make me laugh

'Hope everyone is ok x'

Aye love, that's why they have closed a major road in both directions, got Police, Fire, Ambulance and the air ambulance out. :lol:  And what's with the fucking kiss?

• Haha 2