General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

The witch, the twins at the front, the yellow cat and the glasses on the table 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

And the sand dunes and the musical grass. I was thinking super grass but don’t think that’s right 

Bewitched

Thompson Twins

Atomic Kitten

Bucks fucking Fizz :lol:

Oasis

Soundgarden. 

Next! :lol:

Also Lynyrd Skynyrd , in the plane. 

Checkatrade...what the arsing fuck is the score with that?

This lad came round yesterday to fit a new tv aerial because were ditching cable/satellite and going to freeview. I could’ve done it myself but didn’t have a ladder to get on the roof etc 

Good lad, did a good job, total was 140 quid. I paid him 150 because he set up our new Humax box. He was here 2/3 hours. 

He asked me to leave a review so I did, very positive words & I gave him 8 out if 10...he saw it yesterday afternoon and since then he’s been fuckin badgering me to give him 10 out of 10  :lol:  What a fuckin weapon. He’s now txted me the number to call. He’s said twice he’s not trying to put any pressure on me :lol:  He said what he had to do to get a 10? I told the cunt he could’ve done it for 50 quid . Why the fuck is it that important? :lol:

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Checkatrade...what the arsing fuck is the score with that?

This lad came round yesterday to fit a new tv aerial because were ditching cable/satellite and going to freeview. I could’ve done it myself but didn’t have a ladder to get on the roof etc 

Good lad, did a good job, total was 140 quid. I paid him 150 because he set up our new Humax box. He was here 2/3 hours. 

He asked me to leave a review so I did, very positive words & I gave him 8 out if 10...he saw it yesterday afternoon and since then he’s been fuckin badgering me to give him 10 out of 10  :lol:  What a fuckin weapon. He’s now txted me the number to call. He’s said twice he’s not trying to put any pressure on me :lol:  He said what he had to do to get a 10? I told the cunt he could’ve done it for 50 quid . Why the fuck is it that important? :lol:

I'm gonna be the fuck out of you here, but what's new. 

Net Promoter Score is a metric that marketing types use. Basically you ask people to score something out of 10 and then you count all the 9s and 10s and all the 1s to 6s. You subtract the count of 1s to 6s from the count of 9s and 10s, and the answer is your NPS. 

It's meant to signify how likely someone would be to recommend you to families and friends. The higher the score, the better. The thing is that 7s and 8s are disregarded entirely as "neutral". Which is bullshit, 8 is an objectively good score but that's how they do it. 

But if Checkatrade uses NPS in its rankings, and it probably does cos it's the recognised measure for "likely to recommend", your 8 is no use to this kid. 

He set up your fucking Humax btw, grandpa. That's over and above the call of duty. Sort your shit out and give him a 10. :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Net Promoter Score is a metric that marketing types use. Basically you ask people to score something out of 10 and then you count all the 9s and 10s and all the 1s to 6s. You subtract the count of 1s to 6s from the count of 9s and 10s, and the answer is your NPS. 

It's meant to signify how likely someone would be to recommend you to families and friends. The higher the score, the better. The thing is that 7s and 8s are disregarded entirely as "neutral". Which is bullshit, 8 is an objectively good score but that's how they do it. 

But if Checkatrade uses NPS in its rankings, and it probably does cos it's the recognised measure for "likely to recommend", your 8 is no use to this kid. 

He set up your fucking Humax btw, grandpa. That's over and above the call of duty. Sort your shit out and give him a 10. :lol:

I GAVE THE CUNT A TENNER FOR SETTING MY HUMAX UP IT TOOK HIM 10 FUCKIN  MINUTES :lol:

Fuck him and fuck you. Am blocking you both  :D

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The world's gone fucking mad, if he's any good he'll get work regardless of his online "Rating".

I'm doing a reality show atm, one of those "big ones" every cunts knows and there are a couple of contestants on it who are there because they want to become "Insta stars" (ie earn squillions for doing fuck all) and then there is some old biddy who is actually an Insta stat and she's complaining about these young'un wanting to be what she is (on top of her crying about how fucked her life now is!)

Cunts the lot of them. Go out and get a real fucking job, work 10 hours a day like the rest of us and be grateful if someone thinks you're worthy of an 8/10.

@PaddockLad mate go back on and change his rating to a three and review the positive words to something like, he was okay but now he won't stop badgering me to give him a 10!

Edited by sammynb
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m missing about four 

E79EE72A-0513-4D22-AF95-F70A14903893.jpeg

Garbage

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Beatles

Radiohead

Shed Seven

Pearl Jam

Avalanches

Salt n Pepper

Cream

Monkees

One Direction

6 minutes ago, sammynb said:

The world's gone fucking mad, if he's any good he'll get work regardless of his online "Rating".

I'm doing a reality show atm, one of those "big ones" every cunts knows and there are a couple of contestants on it who are there because they want to become "Insta stars" (ie earn squillions for doing fuck all) and then there is some old biddy who is actually an Insta stat and she's complaining about these young'un wanting to be what she is (on top of her crying about how fucked her life now is!)

Cunts the lot of them. Go out and get a real fucking job, work 10 hours a day like the rest of us and be grateful if someone thinks you're worthy of an 8/10.

@PaddockLad mate go back on and change his rating to a three and review the positive words to something like, he was okay but now he won't stop badgering me to give him a 10!

BTW the whole point of this rant is that everyone is too worried about their online rating!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Youre not working on the current Mrs PLs favourite TV fake wanker wedding program are you?? :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Youre not working on the current Mrs PLs favourite TV fake wanker wedding program are you?? :lol:

Although Covid decimating my work last year, I still have some standards - just.

You can tell her they are currently in production for the next series, so she won't have long to wait.

Edited by sammynb
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Although Covid decimating my work last year, I still have some standards - just.

You can tell her they are currently in production for the next series, so she won't have long to wait.

Its on here at the moment. Theres a girl on there whos family fled the war in Yugoslavia in the 90s. I think she's the worst female since Eva Braun. Where the fuck do they find them? 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We've an 'Employee Engagement Survey' which uses the same bullshit. 

In a meeting about it the HR bod was explaining the scoring and I asked what's the point in a 1-10 scale, if there are only 3 options; bad, fine, good? He said that you could score whatever you liked.

But only 9 and 10 are good though right?

yes.

5-8 are "needs improvement"? yes.

1-4 is bad?  yes.

So there's no difference between scoring 2 or 4, for example? No.

Right, so there are only 3 options then.

"No, there are 10 scores."...

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1