General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

1 minute ago, Renton said:

I would rather just delete my account, but can't work out how to do it. 

It'll no doubt be borderline impossible. In the meantime, delete all the DMs you've sent to Sav Mondo and get the Authy app linked. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It'll no doubt be borderline impossible. In the meantime, delete all the DMs you've sent to Sav Mondo and get the Authy app linked. 

Listen, I literally have no idea on what gibberish you are saying. I't actually very easy to deactivate your twitter account I've just found through the help of Google. It's a great loss to me, after my precisely zero tweets over 5 years. 

Now, try to delete an Amazon account, not so easy. 

Edited by Renton

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

All of the security staff have fucked off. If you haven't already set up 2FA on your account, now would be a good time. 

The ship is going down but there's gonna be some high profile account takeovers along the way. 

I'm gonna get back on to enjoy the meltdown. 

What’s a 2fa when its at home? :cuppa: 

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

What’s a 2fa when its at home? :cuppa: 

Settings > Security and Account Access > Security > Two Factor Authentication 

I picked Authentication App (you can choose to get texted but SMS codes aren't that secure). Basically if I log into twitter from anywhere I have an app called Authy on my phone that generates a random 6 digit code every 30 seconds. I have to enter that code to login. 

I've got the same set up for Amazon, Google and Lastpass, all use Authy too. Makes sure nobody nicks my shit. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Settings > Security and Account Access > Security > Two Factor Authentication 

I picked Authentication App (you can choose to get texted but SMS codes aren't that secure). Basically if I log into twitter from anywhere I have an app called Authy on my phone that generates a random 6 digit code every 30 seconds. I have to enter that code to login. 

I've got the same set up for Amazon, Google and Lastpass, all use Authy too. Makes sure nobody nicks my shit. 

Hmmm well yeah for accounts where money is concerned that’s a good shout but if someone stole my twitter account I’d be a bit meh about it. Honestly, ordinary Joes such as your good self are taking this shit waaayyy to seriously. I’ve had it <10 years, I rely on it for absolutely nothing . It’s that same as Facebook, at times an amusing diversion. If people can’t wander through life without social media they’re doing it wrong.

Twitter saw Musk coming, he knew he’d fucked up but was forced to go through with the deal. Another beacon of the libertarian far right who’s not as clever as he thinks he is. Genius electrical engineer though…. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Hmmm well yeah for accounts where money is concerned that’s a good shout but if someone stole my twitter account I’d be a bit meh about it. Honestly, ordinary Joes such as your good self are taking this shit waaayyy to seriously. I’ve had it <10 years, I rely on it for absolutely nothing . It’s that same as Facebook, at times an amusing diversion. If people can’t wander through life without social media they’re doing it wrong.

Twitter saw Musk coming, he knew he’d fucked up but was forced to go through with the deal. Another beacon of the libertarian far right who’s not as clever as he thinks he is. Genius electrical engineer though…. 

Somebody said he was a greater genius than Einstein the other day. Fucking hell man, don't know where to begin with that.

I agree with you, only protect accounts involving money with this 2FA stuff. Although I use SMS, my experience of authenticator apps is not good. Am a bit worried if someone hacked my Google account though it it'd a nightmare cos all my accounts are linked to G mail. Also I tend to use variations of the same 2 passswords for everything which probably isn't a good idea. All listed on LastPass too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Not a huge shock to find that the anti-xG / I use two passwords for everything Venn diagram is a perfect circle. :lol:

Some of us just don’t take these things that don’t involve money that seriously…if someone nicked your twitter account they might improve the timeline tbh, you should look into it :good: 

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

🙋🏻‍♂️

Well according to Google it's the antibody to the rare blood group antigen xG. So I don't get Gemmill's joke:

"Not a huge shock to find that the people who have antibodies to the rare blood group antigen xG use two passwords for everything Venn diagram is a perfect circle". :lol:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well according to Google it's the antibody to the rare blood group antigen xG. So I don't get Gemmill's joke:

"Not a huge shock to find that the people who have antibodies to the rare blood group antigen xG use two passwords for everything Venn diagram is a perfect circle". :lol:

Is it REALLY possible that the entire xG debate has passed you by? Really? REALLY?

I guess I overestimated you. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Is it REALLY possible that the entire xG debate has passed you by? Really? REALLY?

I guess I overestimated you. 

Oh you're talking about the football stats thing, not blood antigens? Yeah, I entirely zoned out that particular "debate" . Who won? 

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Some of us just don’t take these things that don’t involve money that seriously…if someone nicked your twitter account they might improve the timeline tbh, you should look into it :good: 

Listen, you don't pay for all the STRAP-ON FEMDOM FACE-FUCKING searches you do on Google, but I'm sure you wouldn't want anyone finding out about them, would you MISTER PATERSON. 

• Haha 4