General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

well... Narnia is a bunch of uber cheesey dullness. some of the scenes may be unsuitable for younger viewers and most scenes will be unsuitable for older viewers.

I know there is a trend to make "dark" films, but I think that it was unnecesary in this film, yet there were definitely characters who didn't make it into the LoTR trilogy.

still fun for kids, I'm just pissed off cos I was blackmailed into watching that instead of a comedian who I've heard giood things about from those in the know and those out of the know, but close enough to hear what those in the know ere saying, so maybe people whose back garden backs onto those of the people in the know...

... right bollocks I'm going to get a curry and a DVD..

I didn't think it was that bad GF- went to the midnight showing last night on a spur of the moment whim. Meh.

Snowing like mad here at the moment, with the entire state in a basic shut down. Schools and gov't buildings closed, the only traffic you see are the idiots in their 4x4 bling machines- yeh you know the ones... chavmobiles, american stylie. Hehehe, 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive, they ALL slip and slide on ice. *insert evil/smug smilie here* I know I know-I don't wish harm on anyone, but hmm...what some lack in common sense these days...

Edit** Oh brrrr... baby it's COLD outside!!!!

snow3.jpg

snow.jpg
Edited by Mags

even though the only reason I mentioned the plant was becaus eI had nothing remotely wacky, cerayzee or Zaynee to say in this part of the thread?

oh dear I fear I've awoken a beastie

He lies. He just loves plants. He never ever shuts up about them. Especially hiancynths. I can't spell that. I probably should have chosen a more spellable plant, seeming as I'm talking crap and all.

Good ole fucking silky. he's cool. :lol:

Turns out I'm meeting up with my brother later today, so now I actually have to get on with doing work.

Oh, and I like how comedy was your #1 priority. well done that fish.

AND, I don't like the bit in the lion the witch and the wardrobe when they think that aslan's dead.... and then all the mice nibble the ropes off him or something..... that bits really really sad and freaky and scary and eek. Or at least, it was when I was about 8.

I've probably regaled you with this before, but it made me laugh, so you get it again:

Me in bookshop. Random 20-ish yr old couple also in bookshop, searching for Narnia books.

Girl: What IS Narnia anyway?

Boy: You've never heard of Narnia?!?!? It's a magical land that you get to by going through a cupboard!!!

Me: Actually, it's a wardrobe.

Girl: *laughter at random stranger correcting him*

Boy: What? yeh... well.... same difference....

Me: Well, no, not really. I mean, it's not called The Lion, The Witch and The CUPBOARD, is it??

Girl: *uncontrollable laughter*

Boy: Oh... well... yeh, ok... fair point...

Me: *walks away quickly so that I stop giving cheek to strangers*

:lol:

Mr Fish. If you look on fucking silky's website, dans la videos page, you shall find your beloved Robin Ince. :lol:

Isn't that happy??

I've not watched said video yet, for this university computer has no wish for sound. But when I have sound, then, yes. I shall.

Then download THIS: www.abc.net.au/triplej/todaytoday/listen/mp3s/timin.mp3 (Just go 'save target as' and hopefully that'll work.)

And revel in the minchiny goodness. :lol: (you have to listen to a bit of the interview until you get to the song....)

It's comedy. It's award winning. It's good. Listen to it, Fishwardo. You know it must be done.

Edited by Lou

He lies.  He just loves plants.  He never ever shuts up about them.  Especially hiancynths.  I can't spell that.  I probably should have chosen a more spellable plant, seeming as I'm talking crap and all.

Good ole fucking silky.  he's cool. :lol:

Turns out I'm meeting up with my brother later today, so now I actually have to get on with doing work.

Oh, and I like how comedy was your #1 priority.  well done that fish.

AND, I don't like the bit in the lion the witch and the wardrobe when they think that aslan's dead.... and then all the mice nibble the ropes off him or something..... that bits really really sad and freaky and scary and eek.  Or at least, it was when I was about 8.

I've probably regaled you with this before, but it made me laugh, so you get it again:

Me in bookshop. Random 20-ish yr old couple also in bookshop, searching for Narnia books.

Boy: You've never heard of Narnia?!?!? It's a magical land that you get to by going through a cupboard!!!

Me: Well, no, not really. I mean, it's not called The Lion, The Witch and The CUPBOARD, is it??

66730[/snapback]

I heard a rumour that you're actually really shy?

He lies.  He just loves plants.  He never ever shuts up about them.  Especially hiancynths.  I can't spell that.  I probably should have chosen a more spellable plant, seeming as I'm talking crap and all.

Good ole fucking silky.  he's cool. :lol:

AND, I don't like the bit in the lion the witch and the wardrobe when they think that aslan's dead.... and then all the mice nibble the ropes off him or something..... that bits really really sad and freaky and scary and eek.  Or at least, it was when I was about 8.

66730[/snapback]

67154[/snapback]

To be fair, she never gets the drinks in :lol:

Good ole fucking silky.  he's cool. :icon_lol:

66730[/snapback]

67154[/snapback]

To be fair, she never gets the drinks in :lol:

67159[/snapback]

That Narnia story is blatantly a "things you wish you'd said" story posted as fact. ;)

Who's this 'Fucking Silky' character?

67171[/snapback]

The Aussie comedian that Lou and Fish drone on about constantly. :lol: He features heavily in this thread.

67172[/snapback]

Aah.... :lol:

not aussie at all alex

foolish old baldy man

he's "what happens when scousers feed their children"

very funny, in fact I'd go so far as to say he's funnier than I am....

not aussie at all alex

foolish old baldy man

67267[/snapback]

It was Gemmill who thought he was Australian, I've never heard of the fucking no mark.

not aussie at all alex

foolish old baldy man

67267[/snapback]

It was Gemmill who thought he was Australian, I've never heard of the fucking no mark.

67303[/snapback]

I just assumed he was Australian cos it's all the unicyclist goes on about.

Talking of unicyclists..... VERY pissed off yesterday because I missed Unicycle Guy by about 2 minutes..... walking down the street and I could see him just disappearing round the corner in the distance (no, I don't think he was just trying to get away from me. though I suppose it's a possibility.)

Damn him. I need to befriend him.

Anyways, this made me chuckle...

He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows if

you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake! Santa Claus is coming

to town. Well, Santa Claus or a very scary stalker, anyway!

I haven't done any good old fashioned stalking since FOREVER..... ;)

Hmmmmmmmm.... has this forum *ALWAYS* been vaguely pink????

Alex - see all my previous ignoring of your student-related posts. :icon_lol:

67406[/snapback]

Re: the first sentence, ask Renton, re: the second you and fish features bite all the time tbh ;)

REEEENNNNTTTOOONNNNNN!!!!!!

Has this forum always been vaguely pink?????

Do you think he'll come in here to answer? Maybe I should have shouted for him louder? Why him? Is he the Pinkmeister? I don't know WHY he'd be the pinkmeister. Infact, I don't know why ANYONE would be the pinkmeister. But still.