General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I've got about 3gig but last month I still had 2.5gb left so I don't think I'm going to get close - might be different if I was using a tablet and not a phone. At work I just use the WIFI so that helps keep it down too. :up:

Anyone's bairns got a Leap Pad Ultra and is it any good? Looking for Santa pressies..

No, but we were considering the new

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/1168484/Trail/searchtext%3EINNOTAB.htm

Innotab 3s

A tablet aged from 3 - 8. We decided he was too young but your lad may be ok.

Yeah the Innotab looks canny too but the Leap pad just shades it in the reviews I think. I refused to let my parents buy one for him last year as I thought he was too young but he'll be 5 in a couple of months and can use an iPad as well as I can. My grandparents had Sky installed recently and we found him teaching them how to use it when they couldn't find a programme they'd recorded.

Yeah the Innotab looks canny too but the Leap pad just shades it in the reviews I think. I refused to let my parents buy one for him last year as I thought he was too young but he'll be 5 in a couple of months and can use an iPad as well as I can. My grandparents had Sky installed recently and we found him teaching them how to use it when they couldn't find a programme they'd recorded.

Get him an ipad :lol:

I can see the argument for getting an ipad but kids find them so amazing i fear that if you give one at such a young age it will 'crowd out' other activities that they should also be doing.

If you give one to the child and then ration it to say 30 minutes a day, they might not understand and it may cause issues. To solve those issues you will need to take it away, cause bigger short term issues or give in causing longer term issues.

Mine is 3 now and the only thing she cant do is the code for the ipad as its got my work security/password to lock it. Having Disney films, cinderella apps, learning games etc means she would spend all her time on it. We were doing jigsaw puzzles last night and she was more than happy to do that. The problem with an ipad or even similar is that doesnt encourage play within the family, modern devices are insular for adults nevermind children.

Having said all that, i dont think responsible handling is that difficult. Our one know's that the phones and tablets are both mum and dad's and its a treat to be given it. I wonder how long that will last though.