General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Could be median averages rather than mean, with some promiscuous women making up the difference. More likely men over exaggerating and women under exaggerating mind. Figures seem on the low side to me in any case.

Its a gift being able to play stuff by ear. Feel sorry for those who cant. :( (Having just had an impromptu carol service on the organ at CT towers).

I can play hymns on the recorder. That is the limit of my instrumental talents, despite being able to hold a tune.

I miss bashing out a tune or two. Might have to dig out the old keyboard from under the stairs, it's an ancient Yamaha job but since genetics suggest I'm at least another 25 years away from inheriting what was my Swedish gran's piano, certain compromises need to be made.

I miss bashing out a tune or two. Might have to dig out the old keyboard from under the stairs, it's an ancient Yamaha job but since genetics suggest I'm at least another 25 years away from inheriting what was my Swedish gran's piano, certain compromises need to be made.

Get yourself on Gumtree. You can pick up a lovely Technics organ (that cost 1 or 2 thousand brand new) for £10 or £20.

It is quite therapeutic every now and again belting out a few cheesy tunes. :)

Yes, and he meant that being able to tap out the melody of a song you know on a piano, one finger, one note at a time, is not the same as being able to play by ear. It's also something that absolutely everybody can do. :lol:

Yes, and he meant that being able to tap out the melody of a song you know on a piano, one finger, one note at a time, is not the same as being able to play by ear. It's also something that absolutely everybody can do. :lol:

Have you asked everybody you nocturnal shambles of a sleeper?

So you admit that tentatively plinking out Good King Wenceslas was what prompted you to come on here and promote your musical virtuosity. :razz:

And yes, anyone who knows a melody can sit and work it out on a piano.

Actually I can well imagine that in your gene pool there are those that can't do this most basic of things. The fact that YOU are the chosen one that has risen to the surface is frankly terrifying. :razz:

The fact that, as a sperm, you didn't need to stop to ask for directions to Eggsville is also puzzling.