Villarreal V Arsenal

Wor Al

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Arsenal in the final, but I only want them to win if they promise not to be as smug as the scousers have been. Although their smugness if they did win it would probably be less than the smugness of Spurs if they got into it, so yep, Arsenal to win and break Spurs hearts!

i want any english club to do well in europe as long as its not against us. id rather have an english champions league winner than an italian or spanish one.

Ive never understood those that wouldnt?

127446[/snapback]

I've never understood those that go from hating the likes of manu et al to suddenly being up their arse because they're playing against "Johnny Foreigner". I'm not a hypocrite and on a weekly basis i hate manu, arse, chelski etc. their managers, players and fans and i won't suddenly drop all that because they're up against itallians, spaniards etc.

Also every euro trophy these teams wins helps take them further away from us and ends any hope of competing with them. All we need is for them to do relatively well here and there to keep england having 4 places in the CL.

However anyone who doesn't dislike manu, chelski can at least claim some consistency in wanting them to do well in europe.

But for me i'll take some Spaniards who are distant and don't bother me over a bunch of arrogant cockney fans, a whinging, hypocrite manager and various players i don't like.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

i want any english club to do well in europe as long as its not against us. id rather have an english champions league winner than an italian or spanish one.

127446[/snapback]

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me nationality plays no part in the thought process of why I dislike a team.

but ive never been one for hating man u, arsenal, chelsea etc. i dont support them, and i dont like how their managers and playes go on in the papers sometimes but then a couple of years ago we had some of the most hated players in the league!

its not hypocrisy to support english teams in europe, its national pride.

you say we dont want the top english teams to win cos it puts them further ahead of us? thats still better than putting the spanish and italian teams ahead of the english league. the better english teams do in europe the more money comes into the game in this country, the more attractive teams like ourselves become to players from south america, africa etc.

but ive never been one for hating man u, arsenal, chelsea etc. i dont support them, and i dont like how their managers and playes go on in the papers sometimes but then a couple of years ago we had some of the most hated players in the league!

you say we dont want the top english teams to win cos it puts them further ahead of us? thats still better than putting the spanish and italian teams ahead of the english league. the better english teams do in europe the more money comes into the game in this country, the more attractive teams like ourselves become to players from south america, africa etc.

127475[/snapback]

agree entirely.

I dont care who's playing, if it's an English side i cant help but want them to win.....even Arsenal!! ;)

For a change, I actually want Arsenal to win the whole thing. Stick it right up Tottingham and all these fawning media arseholes who pull themselves over Barcelona. Have you noticed how the Nou Camp is now becoming 'Camp Nou' ?

I don't go for this 'we must support the English team' crap. Last year's final was a funny one as when AC Meelan (as the media whores now like to pronounce it) went three up I was in ecstacy, yet when L'pool were fighting back I had completely reversed my thinking and were right behind them. ;)

C'mon Arsenal - but I think they'll get knocked out tonight.

127446[/snapback]

I've never understood those that go from hating the likes of manu et al to suddenly being up their arse because they're playing against "Johnny Foreigner". I'm not a hypocrite and on a weekly basis i hate manu, arse, chelski etc. their managers, players and fans and i won't suddenly drop all that because they're up against itallians, spaniards etc.

Also every euro trophy these teams wins helps take them further away from us and ends any hope of competing with them. All we need is for them to do relatively well here and there to keep england having 4 places in the CL.

However anyone who doesn't dislike manu, chelski can at least claim some consistency in wanting them to do well in europe.

But for me i'll take some Spaniards who are distant and don't bother me over a bunch of arrogant cockney fans, a whinging, hypocrite manager and various players i don't like.

127456[/snapback]

well said, beat me to it!

127475[/snapback]

If you don't hate them then its fair enough if you want them to do well, personally i would never wish well on any of manu, arse, chelski etc. Though any english teams that don't bother me i am ambivalent to and don't mind either way what happens to them in europe. I had no problem with Liverpool winning it other than it blatntly sets them further out of our reach.

It is hypocrisy to go from hating somebody to wanting them to win just because their opponents happen to be foreign. And ther's no national pride in a arsenal who are managed by a frenchman and have almost exclusively foreign players. You can dmire their great football, but they are only english in name (not that i give a shit as i don't want them to win anyway!)

And i said i don't want them to win trophies, we just need them to keep doing enough to give england their 4 CL places etc.

The prem makes a fortune whatever they do in europe, and players from South America will always choose spain etc. over us for the climate and language.

Never really understood the concept of 'national pride', but then those who've visited Ireland may have some concept of why. ;)

127475[/snapback]

There's also the question of how much 'national pride' is at stake with the Arsenal team...although at least Campbell is meant to be playing tonight.

Generally I want English teams to do well, unless they're a team I dislike. I don't particularly mind Arsenal so I hope they win.

tbh its a moot point cos blyth are playing matlock tonight and we have 3 games left to win the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

127485[/snapback]

and we have 3 games left to stay in the football league ;)

im sure this amount of stress is bad for me ;)

tbh its a moot point cos blyth are playing matlock tonight and we have 3 games left to win the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

127485[/snapback]

and we have 3 games left to stay in the football league :lol:

im sure this amount of stress is bad for me :lol:

127505[/snapback]

well I see you're two up after 18 minutes. :lol:

EDIT: make that 3 after 23! :icon_lol:

Villareal comfortably outplaying them but not creating enough outright chances.

Gilberto doing a classic Arsenal sly kick off the ball which the ref managed to miss from point blank range, though the Villareal player should also have been booked for acting as if his leg had been chopped off.