Journal apology tomorrow?

Renton

Pretty depressing article in the journal here.

No doubt they will forced to retract this, as everything is really going swimmingly. Does anyone still have any hope left we can do something this year? Gemmil, for instance, do you still feel people are making amateur dramatics out of our predicament?

I am beginning to dread this season now to be honest, I think I would return my ST if I could. I can see no light at the end of the tunnel whatsoever now. And the season hasn't even started yet. Oh dear.

Well Gemmill, come on, explain yourself B)

10273[/snapback]

Well, as our resident cancer, I feel he does have some explaining to do. :lol:

But seriously, he is the only one I can think of off hand on this forum who backs Souness, so I think it's a fair point. ;)

10273[/snapback]

But seriously, he is the only one I can think of off hand on this forum who backs Souness, so I think it's a fair point. ;)

10277[/snapback]

I don't think Gemmill backs Souness as such, I think he's maybe in the camp of sacking him early on with no replacement lined up could be a poorer decision than letting him stay till the end of the season.

10273[/snapback]

10277[/snapback]

I don't think Gemmill backs Souness as such, I think he's maybe in the camp of sacking him early on with no replacement lined up could be a poorer decision than letting him stay till the end of the season.

10281[/snapback]

Nah, he is in the "damn I backed him last season and am not going to admit that I don't have a bloody clue what I am talking and also my girlfriend says that I'm hung like a chinese mouse"-camp.

I am beginning to dread this season now to be honest, I think I would return my ST if I could. I can see no light at the end of the tunnel whatsoever now. And the season hasn't even started yet. Oh dear.

10272[/snapback]

I don't think I'd return my season ticket, but on everything else I completely agree with you.

I just don't have a clue what we're going to do about the strikers situation, and the worst part is, I honestly think that Souness and Shepherd don't have a clue either. I can see us either not getting anyone in, or panicking and bringing in someone who isn't good enough to do the job.

I tell you what, I'm astounded at how they've allowed this situation to occur. It absolutely reaks of bad management, and quite frankly, Shepherd and (in particular) Souness put players off from wanting to come here.

To not give Souness a whole further year would make Gemmill "a fucking idiot", according to his own words.  ;)

Sorry for picking on him like.  :D

10286[/snapback]

Hobbes, if it keeps you out of a straitjacket, I'm more than willing to act as a focus of your manic depression. B)

SLP has my position spot on. The time I argued that people demanding him be sacked were idiots was not long after he'd first joined the club when people were saying that anything less than Champions League qualification was a sackable offence. If you insist on clinging on to this as a stick to beat me with, then feel free. You seem to think that because I said that Souness deserved more time than people were willing to give him that this now means I rubber-stamp any and all of his decisions and therefore should be held partly responsible when things go wrong. Get a grip - I'm about as pissed off as you are with the state of the squad going into the new season funnily enough. Just because I didn't like Robert doesn't mean that I think getting rid and not replacing him was a good idea, just as I don't think getting rid of any players without replacing them is a good idea.

You are fucking obsessed with me lad. :lol:

To not give Souness a whole further year would make Gemmill "a fucking idiot", according to his own words.  ;)

Sorry for picking on him like.  :D

10286[/snapback]

Hobbes, if it keeps you out of a straitjacket, I'm more than willing to act as a focus of your manic depression. B)

SLP has my position spot on. The time I argued that people demanding him be sacked were idiots was not long after he'd first joined the club when people were saying that anything less than Champions League qualification was a sackable offence. If you insist on clinging on to this as a stick to beat me with, then feel free. You seem to think that because I said that Souness deserved more time than people were willing to give him that this now means I rubber-stamp any and all of his decisions and therefore should be held partly responsible when things go wrong. Get a grip - I'm about as pissed off as you are with the state of the squad going into the new season funnily enough. Just because I didn't like Robert doesn't mean that I think getting rid and not replacing him was a good idea, just as I don't think getting rid of any players without replacing them is a good idea.

You are fucking obsessed with me lad. :lol:

10317[/snapback]

Well fine, does that mean you think maybe he should be sacked sometime before next summer, and if so, under what circumstances? Also, do you still think comparisons with Sunderland circa 2002 are ludicrous and that relegation is an impossibility?

As for the depression remarks you constantly make, I only really say negative things about the direction the club is heading in. How does this make me a depressive, I would say my concerns are shared by most now.

As for the depression remarks you constantly make, I only really say negative things about the direction the club is heading in. How does this make me a depressive, I would say my concerns are shared by most now.

10391[/snapback]

I share your concerns, you are a miserable cunt though B)

To add a bit of positive, I bet this was what the Everton forums were like this time last year.

10477[/snapback]

B) Well done for being positive, hasn't worked on this miserable cunt though. :lol:

I'll put my hands up and say I was one who was willing to give Souness more time in my previous incarnation.

My backing for him stopped the day he said he'd be lucky to still be in a job in a years time- what sort of a message did that sent to potential new signings?

But is sacking him now, on the eve of the season with no suitable replacement lined up really better than just gritting our teeth and getting on with it til May?

Trying to find a positive: I'll be interested to see how 433 works out when (if) we get the players to use it; No matter how badly we do I really can't see a club with our resources in the bottom three at the end of the season; I think Souness' contract is up at the end of the coming season, so no messy splits, severence deals etc. The club and Souness will be able to go their seperate ways and put it down to experience. Then we need to start looking*

*I reserve the right to change my mind (again) at Christmas if we are marooned at the foot of the table. Terms & conditions may apply.

To add a bit of positive, I bet this was what the Everton forums were like this time last year.

10477[/snapback]

And then they signed James Beattie ;)

10479[/snapback]

which half the bastards on this board wanted us to sign! the same donkeys who want to sign johnson or anelka!!! :lol:

reminds me! when there was talk of spurs offering cash plus robbie keane for jenas, souness went in the press to say 'hes not the type of striker we are after!''

WHAT, a fucking good one, one who scores goals, keeps his head down, doesnt want $90000 a week!!! he gets prett much 1 goal in 2 games yet we want sicknote viduka or the one player whos more trouble than bellamy! anelka!!!!

souness fucks me right off. B)

10477[/snapback]

And then they signed James Beattie ;)

10479[/snapback]

which half the bastards on this board wanted us to sign! the same donkeys who want to sign johnson or anelka!!! :lol:

reminds me! when there was talk of spurs offering cash plus robbie keane for jenas, souness went in the press to say 'hes not the type of striker we are after!''

WHAT, a fucking good one, one who scores goals, keeps his head down, doesnt want $90000 a week!!! he gets prett much 1 goal in 2 games yet we want sicknote viduka or the one player whos more trouble than bellamy! anelka!!!!

souness fucks me right off. B)

10812[/snapback]

I'd rather we had Beattie as opposed to Ameobi and Chopra right now :D

Pretty depressing article in the journal here.

No doubt they will forced to retract this, as everything is really going swimmingly. Does anyone still have any hope left we can do something this year? Gemmil, for instance, do you still feel people are making amateur dramatics out of our predicament?

10272[/snapback]

give them 10 gold stars

10273[/snapback]

10277[/snapback]

10281[/snapback]

if you know he's crap, letting him carry on is as big a mistake as appointing him in the first place