Kuyt - "Playing for the Toon would be my Dream"

smoggeordie

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sober at last but he keeps saying, "where's me mum???"

139170[/snapback]

Oh dear. Tell him I've nipped to the shops for some milk.

Or give him another drink :icon_lol:

Liverpool have been looking at him for ages as well haven't they? And it seems that they're finally of thinking of actually getting someone decent in, so think he may end up there instead. Going on his reputation alone, I'd have him more than a couple of times on channel5, but haven't actually seen him play to be honest.

138955[/snapback]

We've made several offers, and though the player was keen, we couldn't agree a price with the club. I hope we get him this summer. We need strikers more badly than you do :rolleyes:

139030[/snapback]

Are you sure about that? ;)

139033[/snapback]

Have you seen Cisse? We paid 14m for that :icon_lol:

139047[/snapback]

More goals than Crouch and Morientes, hasn't he?.

Yet he gets ALL the abuse. Why? His introduction also won you that Super Cup, so he's won you more trophies than your other strikers have, to be fair.

139049[/snapback]

Considering that he hasn't played that much and mostly out of position on the wing when he has, he's scored a shitload (19 in all competitions). The thing is, he's crap at football. He can run really fast, cross okay and has a belter of a shot, but he has a rotten attitude, rarely makes the right decision and couldn't trap a bag of cement.

He'd probably do well in another side (Houllier's for example) that doesn't push up as much, but there's rarely enough space behind the strikers for him to run into, and with his touch and intelligence he's pretty much useless then. As such, he's only really used on the wing to pin back the full-back (like against you) or as a sub when we need to counter or really change the game.

He'll be off in the summer if we can get a decent offer and bring in someone who can play football.

Morientes does get a load of stick for being generally not very good (he's probably off in the summer, too), but Crouch gets away with it because he brings so much to the side. We desperately need someone who can score goals, unless Fowler has the mother of all Indian summers.

Check out this compilation....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...091&q=dirk+kuyt

Looks like we're signing Darth Kuyt...  :icon_lol:  ;)  :rolleyes:

139814[/snapback]

:lol:

139815[/snapback]

never gonna happen tbh, nice idea though but we'll only spend big up front if we lose owen

unless owen has already agreed to join the pool?

Roder's saying in the Chronicle that he likes him and will be interested to see him play in the world cup.

Where no doubt he will do well and either double the price we have to pay or attract the attention of a bigger club.

Genius transfer stragegy as ever from NUFC!

Glenn to check out Kuyt

By Lee Ryder, The Evening Chronicle

Glenn Roeder today said he was impressed by the ambition of Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt after the Dutch star's hopes of joining Newcastle United intensified.

The 25-year-old has made no secret of his desire to pull on a black-and-white shirt next season for United but Liverpool are also trailing the man about to embark on a World Cup adventure with Marco van Basten's Holland in Germany.

Kuyt, who is just four goals short of netting 100 league strikes for the Rotterdam outfit, will challenge troubled Manchester United hit-man Ruud van Nistelrooy for a place in the Dutch attack during the World Cup.

And Roeder admits he will run the rule over the Katwijk-born striker throughout the tournament.

The United boss said today: "He is certainly one of several players we are looking at and I am looking forward to seeing him in Germany.

"He's a player I like and I have found it interesting what he has had to say over the last few days.

"It doesn't really surprise me that he said he wanted to come here, though.

"Any player with the sort of quality he has would surely want to join a club like Newcastle.

"The opportunity to play in the Premiership in front of crowds of 52,000 is a big attraction."

Kuyt wears No 7 for Feyenoord and has been issued with the same number for the World Cup.

And although his international career is still in its infancy, he has impressed Van Basten with a string of promising performances, bagging three goals on the world stage since making his debut against the Czech Republic in September 2004.

Whether Kuyt will come out and admit he would like to inherit Alan Shearer's number nine shirt remains to be seen.

Roeder, however, warned with the shirt comes the expectation.

He added: "It is a tradition the number nine is worn by a striker who scores lots and lots of goals, someone they can attach themselves to.

"I am sure we will find a striker who is confident enough and happy enough to wear the number nine."

:icon_lol:

Roder's saying in the Chronicle that he likes him and will be interested to see him play in the world cup.

Where no doubt he will do well and either double the price we have to pay or attract the attention of a bigger club.

139834[/snapback]

Exactly what I fear. Either get a deal sorted as soon as possible or watch him to sign for a rival...

139834[/snapback]

WHo do we blame though, the manager or the chairman :icon_lol:

I agree, its ludicrous to wait (if its a genuine possiblity) until after a world cup which could see his value skyrocket or increase competition from clubs that he will understandably rate ahead of us.

If we're serious about signing him go for it now, if not then concentrate on whoever we are serious about signing.

never gonna happen tbh, nice idea though but we'll only spend big up front if we lose owen

139820[/snapback]

I'd rather have Kuijt, to be honest. You'll probably outbid us again :icon_lol:

139820[/snapback]

I'd rather have Kuijt, to be honest. You'll probably outbid us again :icon_lol:

139878[/snapback]

I think this time you would win, since you wouldn't be having to pay more for a player than you sold him for not long ago as was the case with Owen.

So hopefully you won't be bidding!!!

It's the same as last season tbh. Other teams knew the situation we were in after we lost Kluivert and Bellamy and the prices rocketed.

Now we have lost Shearer and Luque has floped the same thing is happening and the longer we leave it the more it will cost.

Perhaps it's do with us not having any money to spend?

Chronicle did say a couple of days back that we'll have to sell before we buy, so i dont see how we can go in for him (especially if his price is in the 10mil+ range) before we raise finances. Looks pretty simple to me tbh.

If our scouts have watched him already why does GR need to see how he performs in the WC?

Touraments are no way to judge how a player will do in the league imo.

139963[/snapback]

Baros.....

139966[/snapback]

And wasn't Savo Milosovic top scorer of Euro 2000 after flopping at Villa? As ChocChip says, surely if we've had him scouted we know how good he is. On the flip side, we bought Tomasson who scored shitloads in Holland and he turned out to be rubbish.