well f*cky f*cky f*ck f*ck

Tom_NUFC

Twattish behaviour? Showing disappointment at England playing like crap and for being prevented from doing anything more about it?

I wish our players behaved like 'twats' more often.

You don't half talk some shit at times Renton.

151417[/snapback]

He acted like a petulant child. For God's sake, he's supposed to be a grown up. If I went round kicking desks everytime something went wrong for me at work, what do you think people would say? This is the perfect illustration how people think that it is acceptable for footballers to behave below the normal levels of common decency. I may talk shit at times, but I find you highlighting that particualr sentence astounding.

151421[/snapback]

If you screamed "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! FUCKING GET IIIIIIIIIIIN!!!" and ran to the corner of the room and did a robot dance every time something went right at work, I suspect your colleagues would have something to say too. :lol:

Are you getting how being a professional footballer and being a medical writer doesn't really bear comparison? :outahere: It's nothing to do with common decency and everything to do with things being taken in context - he was annoyed and he showed it with a petulant strop. It looked a bit silly, but I wouldn't have said it was outside of the realms of decency or anything. :razz:

151426[/snapback]

A ridiculously well made point :D;);)

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twattish behaviour? Showing disappointment at England playing like crap and for being prevented from doing anything more about it?

151417[/snapback]

He acted like a petulant child. For God's sake, he's supposed to be a grown up. If I went round kicking desks everytime something went wrong for me at work, what do you think people would say? This is the perfect illustration how people think that it is acceptable for footballers to behave below the normal levels of common decency. I may talk shit at times, but I find you highlighting that particualr sentence astounding.

151421[/snapback]

If you screamed "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! FUCKING GET IIIIIIIIIIIN!!!" and ran to the corner of the room and did a robot dance every time something went right at work, I suspect your colleagues would have something to say too. :lol:

Are you getting how being a professional footballer and being a medical writer doesn't really bear comparison? ;) It's nothing to do with common decency and everything to do with things being taken in context - he was annoyed and he showed it with a petulant strop. It looked a bit silly, but I wouldn't have said it was outside of the realms of decency or anything. :D

151426[/snapback]

Alright, the comparison isn't perfect, but neither is yours. Of course players are going to celebrate when scoring a goal, it's part of the emotion and has entertainment value. However, only certain players act like twats when subbed. He was playing shite, it was for the teams benefit and his he was subbed. He acted like a twat, showing no resppect for the other subs or his manager. If you disagree then fine, I take it you're happy if every player acts like a primadonna when they are subbed from now on.

In fact, should Owen be ruled out for 6 months, that would more or less pay for Malbranque, especially if it's true that fat Carr could be used in part-ex.

151430[/snapback]

I'm unsure of your point. We are much less likely to get Malbranque, as we now need another striker to replace Owen and still have to pay Owen's wages. If Carr goes we will need another RB too.

This sounds obvious, but we have been desperatley unlucky with Owen. He did have a reputation of being injury prone when we bought him, but it was his hamstrings that were the problem. No-one could have forseen that he would have broken a metatarsal and done his knee ligaments within six months.

151417[/snapback]

151421[/snapback]

Are you getting how being a professional footballer and being a medical writer doesn't really bear comparison? ;) It's nothing to do with common decency and everything to do with things being taken in context - he was annoyed and he showed it with a petulant strop. It looked a bit silly, but I wouldn't have said it was outside of the realms of decency or anything. :D

151426[/snapback]

Alright, the comparison isn't perfect, but neither is yours. Of course players are going to celebrate when scoring a goal, it's part of the emotion and has entertainment value. However, only certain players act like twats when subbed. He was playing shite, it was for the teams benefit and his he was subbed. He acted like a twat, showing no resppect for the other subs or his manager. If you disagree then fine, I take it you're happy if every player acts like a primadonna when they are subbed from now on.

151432[/snapback]

It's part of the emotion in the same way that celebrating a goal is man. You can't expect them to be full of good emotions when they score and then emotionless robots when things don't go so well. Yes, I've conceded he looked a bit daft, but I could understand his frustrations - he's come back from injury and knows he's better than he's currently capable of playing, and it must be incredibly frustrating. He let it show and I don't think that's a crime.

In fact, should Owen be ruled out for 6 months, that would more or less pay for Malbranque, especially if it's true that fat Carr could be used in part-ex.

151430[/snapback]

I'm unsure of your point. We are much less likely to get Malbranque, as we now need another striker to replace Owen and still have to pay Owen's wages. If Carr goes we will need another RB too.

151433[/snapback]

If we were compensated for six month's wages this would equate to around £2.5m.

I think we'd be after Malbranque regardless of Owen's injury, I just think we're trying to hold on to the cash as long as we can.

151430[/snapback]

151433[/snapback]

If we were compensated for six month's wages this would equate to around £2.5m.

I think we'd be after Malbranque regardless of Owen's injury, I just think we're trying to hold on to the cash as long as we can.

151437[/snapback]

Who's going to compensate us though?

This sounds obvious, but we have been desperatley unlucky with Owen. He did have a reputation of being injury prone when we bought him, but it was his hamstrings that were the problem. No-one could have forseen that he would have broken a metatarsal and done his knee ligaments within six months.

151434[/snapback]

It's Shearer all over again. Sign one of Europe's top strikers, he cattles his knee and is never the same player again. The curse of NUFC strikes again.

151417[/snapback]

151421[/snapback]

151426[/snapback]

151432[/snapback]

It's part of the emotion in the same way that celebrating a goal is man. You can't expect them to be full of good emotions when they score and then emotionless robots when things don't go so well. Yes, I've conceded he looked a bit daft, but I could understand his frustrations - he's come back from injury and knows he's better than he's currently capable of playing, and it must be incredibly frustrating. He let it show and I don't think that's a crime.

151436[/snapback]

I just think it goes to show Rooney is not in control of his emotions, he's a loose cannon. Pampering him isn't going to help. Not that I care, hopefully he will continue to go into full self destruct mode for ManU.

151434[/snapback]

It's Shearer all over again. Sign one of Europe's top strikers, he cattles his knee and is never the same player again. The curse of NUFC strikes again.

151439[/snapback]

There are a few differences - Shearer's determination and committment to the club ensured he was an asset to us pretty quickly. I really can't see the same in Owen. And for a player who's main asset is pace, this injury may be even more significant.

151434[/snapback]

151439[/snapback]

There are a few differences - Shearer's determination and committment to the club ensured he was an asset to us pretty quickly. I really can't see the same in Owen. And for a player who's main asset is pace, this injury may be even more significant.

151441[/snapback]

Ok, so the comparison doesn't work exactly. They've got different names too. :lol:

151438[/snapback]

Read a few posts up!

151443[/snapback]

It's financed by a fund or something like that.

Isegrim's usually a bit more accurate than that. :lol:

I'm not sure there will be a contingency fund of several million quid to cover Owen's wages. Pretty sure this is one reason Ferguson kicked up such a fuss about Rooney.

151417[/snapback]

151421[/snapback]

151426[/snapback]

151432[/snapback]

151436[/snapback]

I just think it goes to show Rooney is not in control of his emotions, he's a loose cannon. Pampering him isn't going to help. Not that I care, hopefully he will continue to go into full self destruct mode for ManU.

151440[/snapback]

Get a grip man, he took his boots off in too angry a fashion for your delicate sensibilities?

151438[/snapback]

Read a few posts up!

151443[/snapback]

It's financed by a fund or something like that.

Isegrim's usually a bit more accurate than that. :lol:

I'm not sure there will be a contingency fund of several million quid to cover Owen's wages. Pretty sure this is one reason Ferguson kicked up such a fuss about Rooney.

151444[/snapback]

The thing is why I am not sure is because there seems to be very little money in the fund, so that it would hardly cover the wages of any top player in a European league. Especially not the wages Newcastle throw at players. So it might either be a kind of insurance thing or FIFA only paying compensation based on what a player in the 3rd Trinidadian league earns. And thinking of how greedy FIFA are and normally don't want to give a penny to clubs I rather think it might be a case of the latter...

151417[/snapback]

151421[/snapback]

151426[/snapback]

151432[/snapback]

151436[/snapback]

151440[/snapback]

Get a grip man, he took his boots off in too angry a fashion for your delicate sensibilities?

151446[/snapback]

Get a grip man, I made one comment about "twattish" behaviour (imo of course), and I get all this grief! I don't care!

151417[/snapback]

151421[/snapback]

Are you getting how being a professional footballer and being a medical writer doesn't really bear comparison? ;) It's nothing to do with common decency and everything to do with things being taken in context - he was annoyed and he showed it with a petulant strop. It looked a bit silly, but I wouldn't have said it was outside of the realms of decency or anything. ;)

151426[/snapback]

151432[/snapback]

151436[/snapback]

151440[/snapback]

151446[/snapback]

Get a grip man, I made one comment about "twattish" behaviour (imo of course), and I get all this grief! I don't care!

151455[/snapback]

....he stropped before getting up and kicking a colleague's desk. :D

151417[/snapback]

151421[/snapback]

151426[/snapback]

151432[/snapback]

151436[/snapback]

151440[/snapback]

151446[/snapback]

151455[/snapback]

Jeez all of a sudden Leazes looks like the sensible one. I fail to see how bringing your "medical qualifications" into this is relevant

Luque's going to have to stay now and we NEED two additional decent centre forwards. The hole that Shearer left just got a hell of a lot bigger.

Regarding Rooney; at least one England player looked like he wanted to be out there.

The way he went down was very reminiscant of how Shearer collapsed when he did his cruciate ligaments when he was at Blackburn.

He did them in December 1992. He didn't play again until late August 1993.......9 months later! :lol:

151434[/snapback]

151439[/snapback]

that's my biggest worry. shearer was never the same player for us after he did his knee ligaments. he lost a good yard of pace and had to change his game completely. it'll be a shame - and just our luck - if the same happens to owen as a result of this.

The way he went down was very reminiscant of how Shearer collapsed when he did his cruciate ligaments when he was at Blackburn.

He did them in December 1992. He didn't play again until late August 1993.......9 months later! :lol:

151488[/snapback]

Owen was braver though, I remember Shearer screamed when he did his, Owen just seemed to fall to the ground with no expression on his face. Weird.