My new car!

Smooth Operator

So what kind of 4x4 do you have then? :finger:

163589[/snapback]

Saving up for a Jeep Wrangler, :angry::lol:

:blush:

anyway, you have ovaries and therefore cannot comment on anything automotive other than "that nice smell" in new cars

163597[/snapback]

How DARE you?!!! ;)

All girls know that the colour of the car is by far the most important thing! :finger:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Toplass-101

So what kind of 4x4 do you have then? :finger:

163589[/snapback]

Saving up for a Jeep Wrangler, :angry::lol:

:blush:

anyway, you have ovaries and therefore cannot comment on anything automotive other than "that nice smell" in new cars

163597[/snapback]

How DARE you?!!! ;)

All girls know that the colour of the car is by far the most important thing! :finger:

163599[/snapback]

I also like them to be low enough to get into, I need a bunk-up into those big trucks.

anyone know a male driver of the new shape VW Beetle?

I'll rephrase that, anyone know a straigh man who drives the new VW Beetle

see loads of those with bloody sunflower... things.. somewhere in the car... clearly declaring to the world that the driver of said car cares more flowers, knitting and kittens, than they do horsepower, MPG, torque or how hard the tires feel when you kick em

they dont even make those anymore do they!?

There are some lovely entry level carfs around at the minute

suzuki swift

fiat punto

new vauxhall corsa (looks like the new astras, much bigger)

all for around £7-8k

they dont even make those anymore do they!?

There are some lovely entry level carfs around at the minute

suzuki swift

fiat punto

new vauxhall corsa (looks like the new astras, much bigger)

all for around £7-8k

163620[/snapback]

not a fan of the swift or the punto, to small and fragile-looking for me.

if I were spending 7-8k on a car I'd probably get a second hand Focus 1.8Tdi

1J4FY19S6XP415316-1.jpg

:lol:

163643[/snapback]

Gay. Unless you're Daisy Duke :finger:

163644[/snapback]

... so I'm making up for a small cock AND I'm gay....?

;)

methinks you're obsessed and making up for your own ineadequacies tbfh :finger:

Much of the current debate about 4x4 vehicles is unhelpful, inaccurate, hysterical and based on stereotype according to the RAC Foundation today.

Following suggestions that the owners of these vehicles should pay double the congestion charge in London, taxed more and banned altogether from some places, the RAC Foundation has called for a calm examination of the facts - asserting that not all SUV’s are gas guzzlers.

Some 4x4’s are, say the Foundation, actually cleaner, greener, smaller, shorter and safer than many standard saloons and even people carriers.

Edmund King, executive director of the RAC Foundation said today:

”These suggestions are ludicrous. It is not the job of politicians to dictate what vehicles people should drive. Of course motorists should choose vehicles that are the most suitable for the types of journeys and the goods or people that they carry. But there is great diversity within the range of 4x4’s”.

The Foundation has contrasted some of the claims made by politicians with the realities in a bid to clarify the argument:

Environment

Claim: All 4x4’s are bad for the environment.

Reality: The average CO2 of a dual-purpose 4x4 is more than 12 per cent lower than most luxury saloons and on a par with emissions from executive and sports cars. Most vehicles sold in the 4x4 segment are diesel variants; they have better fuel consumption and emit less CO2 than petrol models. Many manufacturers are also working to bring alternative fuel versions to market.

Size

Claim: All 4x4’s are two tonne monsters that take up more road space, so increasing congestion.

Reality: While often taller than other models, some of the most popular 4x4s are narrower and shorter than the average saloon car. In fact if parents

co-ordinate their school-runs using all available seats in their vehicles, the number of cars making the journey could actually be cut by using a 4x4. Research shows that 71 per cent of owners of a 4 x 4 model with three rows of seats regularly use them.

Safety

Claim: All 4x4’s pose a threat to other road users and pedestrians, beyond that associated with normal saloon cars.

Reality: Improvements to front end design of many 4 x 4’s have resulted in them increasingly scoring well on pedestrian protection in EuroNCAP tests. Two models both scored two stars in recent NCAP tests; while the third best selling 4x4 in Britain achieved an impressive three star rating. There are many examples of models in other segments that perform less well than current 4x4 models.

Lifestyle

Claim: All 4 x 4’s are an aspirational product driven by rich, urban women to do the shopping.

Reality: They may be chosen because of the capacity and storage they offer, their performance, driving position, style, safety or suitability for the environment in which they travel.

“Drivers should, of course, think carefully before choosing a vehicle that fits their needs, their lifestyle, their family, their pocket and their environment and be responsible for how they use that vehicle in rural and urban conditions but critics of 4x4’s seem to dwell on polarised stereotypes and massage figures to suit their arguments rather than look at the full range of vehicles available, their uses and their capabilities”, added King.

“In a democracy there is no place for politicians or the anti car brigade

telling motorists what vehicle they may or may not drive. Perhaps this is

more about the politics of envy rather than the politics of democracy."

I actually know a guy who readily admits he owns a 4x4 to make up for the fact he has a tiny penis. :lol:

163649[/snapback]

You know SMO? I can vouch that he's got a tiny cock and only one ball, so he definitely needs a vehicle like this as a cock extension.

I actually know a guy who readily admits he owns a 4x4 to make up for the fact he has a tiny penis. :lol:

163649[/snapback]

You know SMO? I can vouch that he's got a tiny cock and only one ball, so he definitely needs a vehicle like this as a cock extension.

163821[/snapback]

Wacky, you're 35 years old and still cracking those jokes! :lol:

There was an article in the British Medical Journal a couple of weeks ago which basically proved what most of know already - 4x4 drivers tend to drive like twats:

http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/333/7558/71

I'm no hippy but what gets me is the fact that petrol is a finite reserve, so why drive a car that burns it twice as quickly? In 30 years time this is going to rightly be regarded as madness, and in a few years people will be unable to operate or sell their 4x4s because they will be too uneconomical to run. I drive a small car and it still costs 40 quid to fill the tank.

There's also the fact that if you hit someone in a 4x4 you basically kill them, and apparently it's a complete myth the occupants of the 4x4 are better off in collisions too.

That advert with James Nesbitt also pisses me off. He finds out his wife is pregant, so he automatically has to trade his sports car for a people carrier. What, for one kid?

That advert with James Nesbitt also pisses me off. He finds out his wife is pregant, so he automatically has to trade his sports car for a people carrier. What, for one kid?

163884[/snapback]

My boss did that. She had a kid, so bought a Land Rover Discovery. Jesus choked on fumes!

There was an article in the British Medical Journal a couple of weeks ago which basically proved what most of know already - 4x4 drivers tend to drive like twats:

I'm no hippy but what gets me is the fact that petrol is a finite reserve, so why drive a car that burns it twice as quickly? In 30 years time this is going to rightly be regarded as madness, and in a few years people will be unable to operate or sell their 4x4s because they will be too uneconomical to run. I drive a small car and it still costs 40 quid to fill the tank.

There's also the fact that if you hit someone in a 4x4 you basically kill them, and apparently it's a complete myth the occupants of the 4x4 are better off in collisions too.

163884[/snapback]

Diesel tbh and as such is more fuel efficient than petrol on longer journeys

I agree that a lot of people who drive 4x4's never need to engage the four wheel drive, HOWEVER, as JawD's article shows, 4x4's can be more fuel efficient and safer than a lot of "normal" cars.

It's more to do with class and disposition, rather than the automobile.

as I intimated before if people are so annoyed with the emissions, the size and the relative danger that these vehicles suggest, they would also rail against sports cars, people who don't car-pool, people who don't use public transport, people who own a car that has the capability to drive at over 70mph, people wgho have convertibles, people whose cars have had their exteriror modified, people who.....

It's true that land rovers etc. are a status symbol now, and that symbol will be revered by those who recognise it and reviled by those who don't. In the same way as we rail against footballers wearing "bling".. they can afford it and they think it looks good. We think they look like fairy princesses. It's up to them how they spend their money, just as it's up to the individual to decide what car s/he drives.

in the case of 4x4's it's generally the drivers arrogance and superior attitude which makes them a bad driver, and that self same arrogance that lead them to buy the car in the first place.

I don't think people dislike 4x4's, I think people dislike the stereotypical 4x4 driver.

163884[/snapback]

Diesel tbh and as such is more fuel efficient than petrol on longer journeys

I agree that a lot of people who drive 4x4's never need to engage the four wheel drive, HOWEVER, as JawD's article shows, 4x4's can be more fuel efficient and safer than a lot of "normal" cars.

It's more to do with class and disposition, rather than the automobile.

as I intimated before if people are so annoyed with the emissions, the size and the relative danger that these vehicles suggest, they would also rail against sports cars, people who don't car-pool, people who don't use public transport, people who own a car that has the capability to drive at over 70mph, people wgho have convertibles, people whose cars have had their exteriror modified, people who.....

It's true that land rovers etc. are a status symbol now, and that symbol will be revered by those who recognise it and reviled by those who don't. In the same way as we rail against footballers wearing "bling".. they can afford it and they think it looks good. We think they look like fairy princesses. It's up to them how they spend their money, just as it's up to the individual to decide what car s/he drives.

in the case of 4x4's it's generally the drivers arrogance and superior attitude which makes them a bad driver, and that self same arrogance that lead them to buy the car in the first place.

I don't think people dislike 4x4's, I think people dislike the stereotypical 4x4 driver.

163993[/snapback]

Or your Dad has one, in other words? :lol:

Or your Dad has one, in other words? :lol:

163998[/snapback]

nope, the old fella drives a very modest Rover 45, and a Campervan.. or R.V. depending on how americanised the board has become.

He's never been interested in "flash" cars and has always sided on the practical. :lol:

I don't think most 4x4s use fuel efficiently, whether it's petrol or diesel (which give off more particulate emissions). Anyway, personally when it comes to cars, I don't give a shit what I drive as long as I have something reasonably reliable, fast, and safe. Cars are about the lowest thing in my priorities for spending money.

163884[/snapback]

I said as much the other week. Maybe his child is fat because of all the potatoes he eats.