My new car!

Smooth Operator

What do you need a pick-up for?

162796[/snapback]

Have you not seen the mountainous terrain in newcastle these days. Bad enough when lasses drove them to sainsburys but for blokes. . . . .

screams i have a small penis tbh :lol:

162883[/snapback]

Seriously though, why would you buy one unless you worked in construction or agriculture? Or unless you were into adventure sports?

I'm not even sure that L-200's are four wheel drive, but if you were used to Audi's and Lexus I imagine they're shit to drive.

163022[/snapback]

for the same reason people in this country buy cars which can drive at over 70 mph. It's not the practicality that is the driving force (scuse the pun) in a car purchase and you all fucking know it

people who drive 4x4's (I don't mean flat bed trucks with 4x4, but range/landrovers, isuzu troopers etc.) generally operate in the abc1 or maybe 2 category, and the majority of us, don't. It smacks of jealousy a lot of the time.

Nobody ever buys a car solely on it's practicality, but it's easy to slag off 4x4 and sportscar drivers.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The L200 is 4wd and if I recall had hi and low shift gears also. the whole matcho thing is bollox like, as I went from Estate, to L200, to rear wheel drive car to4x4 I have now. So, doe sthat mean I go through periods of insecurity? :lol:

Also bollox about saying you should only have one if you have a farm. By this count does it also mean that all cars should be single axle driven? So, no more 4 wheel drive BMW etc? Fact is, it gives better all round traction.

Now, does anyone here pull a caravan? ;)

It's not so much the 4x4s but that so often some of the people driving them have no concept of the size of the car they are driving.

My road positioning leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm in a Clio. I know I've got a little bit of room for manouvre- a Range Rover has to be dead on in a tight junction. Without wanting to get into a women driver argument, there is a decent correlation...

Edited by Matt

oh don't get me wrong, the worst drivers I've ever encountered have been women and the best drivers men. There've been good women and bad men, but generally the worst drivers I've ever encountered lean towards the feminine side of things.

this bullshit claim that women make better drivers uses one legitimate piece of research and corrupts it to suit the products needs.

it says "Women drivers are involved in less accidents than male drivers".

this is true, however it fails to mention how many of those accidents are caused by either gender, it's all to possible to cause an accident and yet be no part of it, pulling in front of a car without singalling, forcing the other car to steer eratically into yet another car... for example

also there are far more men on the road than women due to their profession. How many women taxi drivers do you see, or truckers, or white van ... people.

it's a bollocks stat that is peddled all too often.

The L200 is 4wd and if I recall had hi and low shift gears also.  the whole matcho thing is bollox like, as I went from Estate, to L200, to rear wheel drive car to4x4 I have now.  So, doe sthat mean I go through periods of insecurity?  :lol:

Also bollox about saying you should only have one if you have a farm.  By this count does it also mean that all cars should be single axle driven?  So, no more 4 wheel drive BMW etc?  Fact is, it gives better all round traction.

Now, does anyone here pull a caravan?  ;)

163034[/snapback]

You and I both know that when I say 4x4 I mean those enormous Chelsea Tractor monstrosities.

The L200 is 4wd and if I recall had hi and low shift gears also.  the whole matcho thing is bollox like, as I went from Estate, to L200, to rear wheel drive car to4x4 I have now.  So, doe sthat mean I go through periods of insecurity?  ;)

Also bollox about saying you should only have one if you have a farm.  By this count does it also mean that all cars should be single axle driven?  So, no more 4 wheel drive BMW etc?  Fact is, it gives better all round traction.

Now, does anyone here pull a caravan?  :finger:

163034[/snapback]

You and I both know that when I say 4x4 I mean those enormous Chelsea Tractor monstrosities.

163055[/snapback]

Right :finger: So, its not the fact its a 4x4 but the fact its big? So in that case I should ask at what point is a car too big? As height has no baring on driving, only really width and length could effect other road users. What would you say was acceptable? Would you say the Omega Estate is? Thats a car I had and is longer than a few 4x4's its also potentially wider?

As for the women thing. For me its women and old people. I drive a fair bit, do around 30000 miles per year. The latter cause me the most grief, though I do get irritated by those who drive up my arse and expect me to pullover even when Ive another car in front etc.

Even just the other day I was coming off the team valley in the left land to go straight up lobley hill. Some wife in front had an audi with the top down. She sat atthe roundabout and was clearly chatting away with a young kid who was sitted in the passenger seat. She wasnt even watching the roundabout traffic on what is a busy one. She missed a clear gap for us both in what lead to waiting ages again and she gave ME the finger when I tooted :lol: Watch the road ffs!

From what I can gather, one of their biggest crimes seems to be sitting at a roundabout and going but then stopping again so you nearly go up their arse end.

The homo-eroticism on this board is obscene! Craig, dotbum, wacky, SO, Gol etc. Your like the internet versions of the jocks from 80s american tv shows.

'Dont take the piss out of my friends penis, its you with the small penis!.'

'huh huh huh, good one dude'

'i know, huh huh huh.'

I guarantee if i posted a picture of that as my new car there would be hell on. But not SO. He obviously lives in on top of a hill in that 3 bedroom semi and he needs his car to get to work.

162896[/snapback]

My penis is off a long length and I bought htis motor cos I like it, and I want a big vehicle so's all the family can fit comfortably in it with the like of bulky car seats and booster seats and pushchairs that need to fit into it also.

J69 you're a right spunkmonkey sometimes!

Edited by Smooth Operator

The homo-eroticism on this board is obscene! Craig, dotbum, wacky, SO, Gol etc. Your like the internet versions of the jocks from 80s american tv shows.

'Dont take the piss out of my friends penis, its you with the small penis!.'

'huh huh huh, good one dude'

'i know, huh huh huh.'

I guarantee if i posted a picture of that as my new car there would be hell on. But not SO. He obviously lives in on top of a hill in that 3 bedroom semi and he needs his car to get to work.

162896[/snapback]

My penis is off a long length and I bought htis motor cos I like it, and I want a big vehicle so's all the family can fit comfortably in it with the like of bulky car seats and booster seats and pushchairs that need to fit into it also.

163114[/snapback]

Youre so thoughtful for wacky :lol:

163114[/snapback]

How much did they leave you? I got a whole one to myself.

I worry about the petrol heads TBH

a car is a way of getting from A to B; it needs to be reliable, economic and safe

Everything else is bollocks - if your self esteem is so low that you have to spend ££££££££££££££ on buying or modding a box on 4 wheels to make you feel better see a doctor

Men who drive imposing 4x4s are insecure about their masculinity, according to a new study.

162904[/snapback]

I'd have to agree with that. I drive a Peugeot 307, thus I am comfortable with my machismo and masculinity.

In this part of the world 4WD's are driven by those affectionately known as soccer mums in America. To us they are trophy wives, school mums or simply, bitches. The can barely see over the steering wheel and cause an amazing amount of accidents.

There should be specific testing and licencing for 4WD's so these bitches, who would be shit drivers in any car anyway, are kept away from me in those monsterous things.

(Also we can blame urban 4WD drivers for the obscene high petrol prices, but that's another bitch for another day)

Just off topic slightly but the various times I have encountered women drivers they seem to have no concept of the rules of the road. For example, many times have I been in the Metrocentre multi-story, following the one-way arrows that they paint on the ground for you and some daft mare has bombed round the corner, coming the complete wrong way then stared at me like i've just waved me cock at her because I refuse to fucking reverse. This isn't a one off either, every time I go this seems to happen and it's always been a women behind the wheel. Cunts.

The L200 is 4wd and if I recall had hi and low shift gears also.  the whole matcho thing is bollox like, as I went from Estate, to L200, to rear wheel drive car to4x4 I have now.  So, doe sthat mean I go through periods of insecurity?   ;)

Now, does anyone here pull a caravan?   :finger:

163034[/snapback]

163055[/snapback]

Right :angry: So, its not the fact its a 4x4 but the fact its big? So in that case I should ask at what point is a car too big? As height has no baring on driving, only really width and length could effect other road users. What would you say was acceptable? Would you say the Omega Estate is? Thats a car I had and is longer than a few 4x4's its also potentially wider?

As for the women thing. For me its women and old people. I drive a fair bit, do around 30000 miles per year. The latter cause me the most grief, though I do get irritated by those who drive up my arse and expect me to pullover even when Ive another car in front etc.

Even just the other day I was coming off the team valley in the left land to go straight up lobley hill. Some wife in front had an audi with the top down. She sat atthe roundabout and was clearly chatting away with a young kid who was sitted in the passenger seat. She wasnt even watching the roundabout traffic on what is a busy one. She missed a clear gap for us both in what lead to waiting ages again and she gave ME the finger when I tooted :lol: Watch the road ffs!

From what I can gather, one of their biggest crimes seems to be sitting at a roundabout and going but then stopping again so you nearly go up their arse end.

163060[/snapback]

Obviously there's no single point where a car becomes too large. I just feel that a lot of people who drive these huge cars are doing so purely as a display of wealth and arrogance.

However it is a free country so if you can afford to buy a car that screams "I don't have a small penis at all, look at the size of my car" then thats up to you. :finger:

Agree you with the women thing though. I was the passenger in a car driving along the motorway last year, the road bent round to the right, but the stupid girl in the lane next to us decided that steering to accomodate this was beyond her, and nearly ploughed into us. Having escaped death I turned round to scream obscenities at her, to see that she had both hands covering her mouth in shock!

Indicators are a useful tool in ensuring safety and free flowing traffic.

So why the fuck don't people use them? That's my number one gripe.

Just yesterday a car did a right hand turn right in front of me without indicating. By right in front I mean if I wasn't paying attention the passenger would have been dead and I'd have lost my legs.

Then there's people that pull out of parking spots without looking or indicating. On busy roads that's a nightmare and it always seems to happen when it's raining.

Why don't people indicate? Is it laziness or arrogance?

A friend of mine recently got to drive his dad's BMW. I enquired if he followed convention and drove in the traditonal style for such a car. His response?

"Aye. I tore the indicator sticks off, ripped off the wing mirrors and drove with not a care in the world!"

Speaking of women drivers - my mother parked the car in the garage the other week.

thing is - the garage door wasnt open.

how i laughed

163448[/snapback]

She must be quite a skilled driver to park it without opening the door! :lol:

I think having a large 4x4 has little to do with anything other than advertising your dispoable income, and in that regard it's exactly the same as sportscars, modified body work and personalised number plates.

I really don't have a problem with people driving 4x4's, but I do have a problem with bad drivers. It just tends to follow that succesful people tend to have large/flashy cars, and they tend to be arrogant and obnoxious, which generally makes them bad drivers.

I think having a large 4x4 has little to do with anything other than advertising your dispoable income, and in that regard it's exactly the same as sportscars,  modified body work and personalised number plates.

I really don't have a problem with people driving 4x4's, but I do have a problem with bad drivers. It just tends to follow that succesful people tend to have large/flashy cars, and they tend to be arrogant and obnoxious, which generally makes them bad drivers.

163587[/snapback]

So what kind of 4x4 do you have then? :lol:

So what kind of 4x4 do you have then? ;)

163589[/snapback]

Saving up for a Jeep Wrangler, :finger::lol:

:finger:

anyway, you have ovaries and therefore cannot comment on anything automotive other than "that nice smell" in new cars