Spuds bid for Taylor

Akabusi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last six months has he turned into Tony Adams then?

As I said, the player I saw at the start of last season was far from the finished article. Taylor alone is not the answer to our defensive frailties. Don't get me wrong, I'd like him to stay, but if someone is throwing silly money at you, you've got to see the bigger picture.

174666[/snapback]

A gambling alcoholic? I hope not ;);)

174673[/snapback]

reformed charachter tbf, you in the fifth dimension?

174683[/snapback]

Theres five :lol:

Over the last six months has he turned into Tony Adams then?

As I said, the player I saw at the start of last season was far from the finished article. Taylor alone is not the answer to our defensive frailties. Don't get me wrong, I'd like him to stay, but if someone is throwing silly money at you, you've got to see the bigger picture.

174666[/snapback]

A gambling alcoholic? I hope not ;);)

174673[/snapback]

reformed charachter tbf, you in the fifth dimension?

174683[/snapback]

Theres five :lol:

174687[/snapback]

you need to catch up on your pointless threads there mate. Or go out and do something less boring instead, what was the name of that show?

you need to catch up on your pointless threads there mate.  Or go out and do something less boring instead, what was the name of that show?

174691[/snapback]

Why Don't You?

That thread's full of points tbf. :lol:

you need to catch up on your pointless threads there mate.  Or go out and do something less boring instead, what was the name of that show?

174691[/snapback]

Why Don't You?

That thread's full of points tbf. :lol:

174694[/snapback]

Why don't I what?

Lets not forget that Taylor is young and on low wages so the £6.5m is a bit of a false economy if we spend the £6.5m on a more experienced player on much higher wages.

Not forgetting that Moore has said he's leaving us in the summer so we'll be looking for another CB again.

Taylor shows good potential.

Imagine selling him, and seeing him become an England CB in five years time, injury-free and the 'real deal'

WE WOULD BE FUCKIN STUPID TO SELL HIM. He has cost us nowt so we will not sell him.

How old is Steven Taylor, 21? and you people want to get rid of him and bring someone else in...!  :lol:

174941[/snapback]

Did we sign Bramble when he was 21 too? :razz:

174957[/snapback]

Your comparing Titus to Taylor already...! ;) People are just down about our current transfer situation and Taylor not showing that composed leadership quality after a handful of games, so I can understand the frustration. However, I’ve chosen to think logically rather than jumping on a bandwagon.

Taylor has never been known at any level to be inconsistent. He has always been ahead of his game, but to establish yourself at this level takes time. At least let him see 22 before offloading him, eh...!

;)

Taylor hasn't looked the sharpest this pre-season but that's understandable really due to the injury he suffered last season, most probably a physcological thing at the moment.

How old is Steven Taylor, 21? and you people want to get rid of him and bring someone else in...!  :D

174941[/snapback]

Did we sign Bramble when he was 21 too? :icon_lol:

174957[/snapback]

Your comparing Titus to Taylor already...! :D People are just down about our current transfer situation and Taylor not showing that composed leadership quality after a handful of games, so I can understand the frustration. However, I’ve chosen to think logically rather than jumping on a bandwagon.

Taylor has never been known at any level to be inconsistent. He has always been ahead of his game, but to establish yourself at this level takes time. At least let him see 22 before offloading him, eh...!

:icon_lol:

174974[/snapback]

Bramble was as hot a prospect at the same age. Just because he's a "local lad" (which technically he isn't) doesn't mean he's the worlds best player.

I'm not saying sell him for £6.5m, but if they want to offer than, along with Robbie Keane, I'd take it.

No he wasn't :D Titus was always criticized as being inconsistent, even at 19...! I remember at the time we bouhgt him we were being laughed at.

You can take a look at most top class English defenders who now play for there country and you'll find that they really started to show that quality around 24/25.

Taylor played well last season which was really his 1st big run in the team. He was actually our best player at the back at a period of time. He's had an injury and now he's starting to find his feet again.

The fact that he's still making mistakes at his age doesn't worry me at all. Adams was being called donkey until he was a lot older than Taylor.

The lad has potential which is clear for all to see and depending on how he develops he could be a very good player.

He's not a ten million pound player at this stage but potentially he is and I would hope that we're not in the position where we have to release our most promising home grown (and yes he is home grown, living for three months in London while his parents were working there doesn't change that) talent.

The fact that he's still making mistakes at his age doesn't worry me at all.  Adams was being called donkey until he was a lot older than Taylor.

The lad has potential which is clear for all to see and depending on how he develops he could be a very good player.

He's not a ten million pound player at this stage but potentially he is and I would hope that we're not in the position where we have to release our most promising home grown (and yes he is home grown, living for three months in London while his parents were working there doesn't change that) talent.

175083[/snapback]

Bramble springs to mind.

Obsessed with Bramble, tbh...! It doesn't matter who the young player is, or what potential he has, Bramble's name will always crop up in comparison if he's not a superdooper colossus defender by the age of 20...!

There's only one fat ginge who can make it happen and I very much doubt he'd sell him...! :D

Bramble was touted for future England call ups and £5m+ transfer fees throughout his time at Ipswich.

None of the Ipswich die-hards (I work with 2 of them) wanted rid of him when he came to Newcastle. Now they're glad they cashed in when they did.

Taylor is very reminiscant of what Bramble was like. Whether he fails to realise his potential in the same way, only time will tell. However if it meant us getting our striker of Robbie Keane's ability in return AND £6.5m, then I'd rip their hands off

Bramble was touted for future England call ups and £5m+ transfer fees throughout his time at Ipswich.

None of the Ipswich die-hards (I work with 2 of them) wanted rid of him when he came to Newcastle. Now they're glad they cashed in when they did.

Taylor is very reminiscant of what Bramble was like. Whether he fails to realise his potential in the same way, only time will tell. However if it meant us getting our striker of Robbie Keane's ability in return AND £6.5m, then I'd rip their hands off

175150[/snapback]

He puts himself about more than Bramble does though, which I like. Bramble is too bloody nice at times. The lad's built like a brick shithouse ffs!

The mistakes that Tayor has made are just the normal sort of mistakes that any player makes. Bramble has made monumental cock ups which stand out to everyone.

The one big worry is that we don't have a quality senior centreback to help bring Taylor on. If we'd signed Southgate years ago to play with Bramble you might have seen a very different player by now.

All of which makes not going for Campbell all the more stupid.

The mistakes that Tayor has made are just the normal sort of mistakes that any player makes.  Bramble has made monumental cock ups which stand out to everyone.

The one big worry is that we don't have a quality senior centreback to help bring Taylor on.  If we'd signed Southgate years ago to play with Bramble you might have seen a very different player by now.

175175[/snapback]

I think, generally speaking, Taylor makes better decisions than Bramble too (especially given the age difference). One thing I would say is that they are quite similar and they both suit a sweeper type player like Moore alongside them. They don't play together particularly well.

The mistakes that Tayor has made are just the normal sort of mistakes that any player makes.  Bramble has made monumental cock ups which stand out to everyone.

The one big worry is that we don't have a quality senior centreback to help bring Taylor on.  If we'd signed Southgate years ago to play with Bramble you might have seen a very different player by now.

175175[/snapback]

I think, generally speaking, Taylor makes better decisions than Bramble too (especially given the age difference). One thing I would say is that they are quite similar and they both suit a sweeper type player like Moore alongside them. They don't play together particularly well.

175181[/snapback]

Agreed.