Official Match Thread : Newcastle v Wigan

Craig

Jewell feeling the pressure already, clearly.

I disagree with Hansen when saying Wigan will have a decent season. I thought they were completely mediocre, we were a little better but not much. Crucially, we had a Zog and they didn't.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said after the match, give Charlie a white paper where he can put his name on and how much he wants to have for whatever period, but if we let him go, we deserve to be relegated for stupidity. In the second half he was playing two positions and had to do Babayaro's job as well.

Carr's postitioning is piss poor and something I haven't even seen at youth level. I liked it how Craig Moore was trying to tell him where to stand.

If I have had a gun I would have shot Luque for standing offside at a goal-kick.

een at youth level. I liked it how Craig Moore was trying to tell him where to stand.

If I have had a gun I would have shot Luque for standing offside at a goal-kick.

181200[/snapback]

at least twice. the linesman was just waiting for him to touch the ball and put his flag up. it's those magic red shoes, he can't control them.

Just got back and seen that Spurs lost, get in. :lol:

I'm really worried about our injury situation though - Butt, Moore, Carr, Babayaro, Emre and Ameobi all took knocks/were injured today, that's half the team FFS!

Guest Patrokles
Just got back and seen that Spurs lost, get in.  :lol:

I'm really worried about our injury situation though - Butt, Moore, Carr, Babayaro, Emre and Ameobi all took knocks/were injured today, that's half the team FFS!

181222[/snapback]

Apparently the majority should be fine.

Just another typical Newcastle game.

When they go forward they look dangerous and our defence looks shakey.

When we go forward we don't look that dangerous and their defence doesn't look as shakey.

We were under the cosh too much, gave away too many balls, and at times the back four were a shambles, and we couldn't hold the ball up enough when we had pocession going forward.

A less than satisfactory performence but a great result.

Ours was the last game on MOTD, quelle surprise.

181374[/snapback]

I must be so accustomed to it, I didn't even notice !

I'm actually grateful, I missed it last night and only caught the last half hour of this mornings show. Gerrin Shola!

Having us on last is the "only way to gurantee Shearer stays to the end", according to Linekar. Guffaws.

Babayaro was absolute dogshit today.  The pitch was atrocious and we're lucky the game didn't get called off at half-time as it was badly waterlogged from the beginning.  Not a classic win but a win nonetheless.  It was nice to see us battling til the death as in previous seasons we've tended to put our heads down and become complacent once we've got the upper hand.  I hope Shola's injury isn't too serious - he looked like he was struggling with a recurrence of his hip problem for quite a while before he actually came off.

Parker was solid, N'Zogbia is a joy to watch, Carr wasn't brilliant, Butt was unlucky (he looked up for it from the beginning but came a cropper in a clash with Emre) and we generally looked like we underachieved but got a result.  MOTD is just starting so no doubt there'll be lots more to discuss, but all in all it was a satisfactory win for the first game of the season. Good to see Rob Lee as the half-time hero too!

A win, a few drinks, and a good day all round.  Thank gawd for the return of the football season....... :lol:

181166[/snapback]

Are we watching the same player, he's a fat useless joke. His passing and tackling is a joke and he's as mobile as a fat lass in a disco.

No other team in the PL would have him in their side - fact

Very dissapointed in your comments tbh

:lol:  You do realise she said he WASN'T brilliant? ;)

181399[/snapback]

Oops :lol: Just rolled out of bed after a heavy sesh last night and ended up fucking seething after reading that comment.

Sorry catmag but my opinion on that fat fuck still stands.

:lol:  You do realise she said he WASN'T brilliant? :lol:

181399[/snapback]

Oops B) Just rolled out of bed after a heavy sesh last night and ended up fucking seething after reading that comment.

181405[/snapback]

As does mine, so wind your neck in you narky midget! ;)

Edited by catmag

;)  You do realise she said he WASN'T brilliant? B)

181399[/snapback]

Oops :crylaughin: Just rolled out of bed after a heavy sesh last night and ended up fucking seething after reading that comment.

181405[/snapback]

As does mine, so wind your neck in you narky midget! :lol:

181408[/snapback]

"wasn't brilliant" thats just a nice way of saying he was shite :lol:

Guest Patrokles
Babayaro was absolute dogshit today.  The pitch was atrocious and we're lucky the game didn't get called off at half-time as it was badly waterlogged from the beginning.  Not a classic win but a win nonetheless.  It was nice to see us battling til the death as in previous seasons we've tended to put our heads down and become complacent once we've got the upper hand.  I hope Shola's injury isn't too serious - he looked like he was struggling with a recurrence of his hip problem for quite a while before he actually came off.

Parker was solid, N'Zogbia is a joy to watch, Carr wasn't brilliant, Butt was unlucky (he looked up for it from the beginning but came a cropper in a clash with Emre) and we generally looked like we underachieved but got a result.  MOTD is just starting so no doubt there'll be lots more to discuss, but all in all it was a satisfactory win for the first game of the season. Good to see Rob Lee as the half-time hero too!

A win, a few drinks, and a good day all round.  Thank gawd for the return of the football season....... :lol:

181166[/snapback]

Are we watching the same player, he's a fat useless joke. His passing and tackling is a joke and he's as mobile as a fat lass in a disco.

No other team in the PL would have him in their side - fact

Very dissapointed in your comments tbh

181394[/snapback]

Sounds like a headmaster!