9 out 2 in...

Scottish Mag

Heard a story that we had Campbell here for talks and he was about to sign until the fat man told him that we didn't want any shit about him and rent boys going on up here and he just walked straight out.

Apparently this comes from a member of Clarkies family but I don't know how good a source it is.

183355[/snapback]

Sorry, DK, but that is just horseshit imo. As much as Prince-Phillip-ish Portly Freddie can be, I don't think for one second he would say something as crass as that.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Listen son......*takes bite of sausage roll*.......ah knaa yer a canny defender and that.......*slurps tea*.....burra divvent want none o' that huckle business aroond my club. Surrrrr, if yiv come here thinkin ya ganna be stickin it up wor Geordie rentboys, ah suggest yer torn roond and mince yer way doon to Portsmouth. The puffs start efta Birtley"

"Listen son......*takes bite of sausage roll*.......ah knaa yer a canny defender and that.......*slurps tea*.....burra divvent want none o' that huckle business aroond my club.  Surrrrr, if yiv come here thinkin ya ganna be stickin it up wor Geordie rentboys, ah suggest yer torn roond and mince yer way doon to Portsmouth.  The puffs start efta Birtley"

183373[/snapback]

That was the very words that I heard. The story must be doing the rounds then ;)

"Listen son......*takes bite of sausage roll*.......ah knaa yer a canny defender and that.......*slurps tea*.....burra divvent want none o' that huckle business aroond my club.  Surrrrr, if yiv come here thinkin ya ganna be stickin it up wor Geordie rentboys, ah suggest yer torn roond and mince yer way doon to Portsmouth.  The puffs start efta Birtley"

183373[/snapback]

That was the very words that I heard. The story must be doing the rounds then ;)

183377[/snapback]

It's obviously crap, as the story I heard said he was eating a Gregg's cornish pasty.

One thing's for sure though - I'm surely not the only one who got the image of pastry flaking off everywhere when he took a bite of said savoury :blush:

183373[/snapback]

183377[/snapback]

It's obviously crap, as the story I heard said he was eating a Gregg's cornish pasty.

One thing's for sure though - I'm surely not the only one who got the image of pastry flaking off everywhere when he took a bite of said savoury :blush:

183381[/snapback]

Flecks of it flying out of his mouth when he said Portsmouth and puffs as well.

183373[/snapback]

183377[/snapback]

183381[/snapback]

Flecks of it flying out of his mouth when he said Portsmouth and puffs as well.

183382[/snapback]

:pray: That's exactly the image I had :puke: Campbell getting covered in shards of pastry as the Portly one breathed out heavily.

183373[/snapback]

Its like you have painted a picture with words.

huckle ;)

How the fuck are we going to go through a season with only Ramage, Taylor, Bramble, Moore, Carr and Baba?

At least 4 of them are prone to picking up quite a few niggly injuries over the season. :lol:

*Plus the majority are average or shite*

How the fuck are we going to go through a season with only Ramage, Taylor, Bramble, Moore, Carr and Baba?

At least 4 of them are prone to picking up quite a few niggly injuries over the season.  :D

186951[/snapback]

Which ones aren't then? :lol:

At least 4 of them are prone to picking up quite a few niggly injuries over the season.  :rolleyes:

186951[/snapback]

Which ones aren't then? :lol:

186956[/snapback]

Taylor and Bramble are shit played together but both look alright alongside Moore. Other than though :D

At least 4 of them are prone to picking up quite a few niggly injuries over the season.  :lol:

186951[/snapback]

Have to agree, at the moment we look pretty much fucked. Going into a Premiership season with six defenders and three forwards(both injured) is fucking nuts, even the newly promoted teams appear to have more depth in these departments than us. I know theres the usual diatribe about we're to good to go down, a couple of serious injuries in these areas could see us right up shit creek without the correct apparatus.

I'm seriously thinking of deleting Gol's sig.....it's depressing :D

Interesting that the same shit is happening 12 months on. Still, nothing to do with Fred at all, it's all down to the manager! :lol:

Not that I wanted him but I see SSN are reporting Euells joing Boro also. So thats Boro signing up Euell, Huth and Woodgate in a couple of days. I have also read that Malbranque and Chimbonda might be joining Mido at Spuds.

Seems other clubs can sign up players to their squads easy enough.

Surely we have not blown all our transfer budget on two players?

Am sure we were all moaning like hell at the end of last season about how skint the club was and we'd be lucky to scrape together a few million.

Now that weve spent £15m (including the uber-bargain that is duff) were still moaning (and i include me in that!).

Supporters - who'd have em :lol:

Am sure we were all moaning like hell at the end of last season about how skint the club was and we'd be lucky to scrape together a few million.

Now that weve spent £15m (including the uber-bargain that is duff)  were still moaning (and i include me in that!).

Supporters - who'd have em  :lol:

187919[/snapback]

If 15 million was our budget, I would much rather have seen it spent on several cheaper players that would have strengthened the whole squad than to have had only 2 brought in. Much like the best part of 30 million we spent last year on Luque and Owen the money could have be spent far more wisely.

Now that weve spent £15m (including the uber-bargain that is duff)  were still moaning (and i include me in that!).

187919[/snapback]

I don't see your point. A lot of people are moaning because of the apparent lack of planning in the transfer market. It is not just about the amount of money that is spent. A lot of people were hoping the right problems would be adressed. And there were players available for decent prices (and I am not speaking of Duff, who was a nice steal, but unfortunately a player we didn't really need). Some of them even were freebies. The aim was to improve a squad that was lacking depth. The managment has spectacularly failed in this so far IMHO.

187919[/snapback]

I don't see your point. A lot of people are moaning because of the apparent lack of planning in the transfer market. It is not just about the amount of money that is spent. A lot of people were hoping the right problems would be adressed. And there were players available for decent prices (and I am not speaking of Duff, who was a nice steal, but unfortunately a player we didn't really need). Some of them even were freebies. The aim was to improve a squad that was lacking depth. The managment has spectacularly failed in this so far IMHO.

187929[/snapback]

well my point wasnt about the players weve bought or missed out on nor was it about the positions that we have and havnt filled. it was simply that we believed the club had little to spend and now that weve found £15m weve spent it on just 2 players (while allowing 9 to leave). i realise that in an ideal world the money wouldve been spent on other opsitions but the duff deal was too good to turn down

if our summer budget was only 15m then i'd still have bought duff and spunked the rest on a striker. a player of duffs quality does not become available very often. yes i realise that the left side of midfield wasnt a priority but what about next season? or the season after?? what about duffs resale value? how long will it take us to recoup the £5m through sales of merchandise?

duffs versatility, his ability and future value means that he's a huge asset to our club. Huge. the deal was too good to turn down in every sense.

If you look at how thin our squad is now, its worrying. First team we have

Given Harper Krul

Ramage Carr Bramble Taylor Moore Babayaro

Solano Milner Emre Parker Butt Nzogbia Duff

Luque Ameobi

Long term injured: Dyer/Owen