What is the worst smell you have

bobbyshinton

Worst smell I've ever experienced was when I was a housing officer up here in Edinburgh a good few years ago - had to visit a tenant whose idea of domestic hygiene was a bit odd, e.g.:

- He'd pile up bags of rotting rubbish in his bedroom, til it was almost impossible to get in there.

- He shat wherever he liked. And I mean wherever he liked. The kitchen sink was full of shit, the bathtub, his hallway, his living room...all of it was caked in about 2-3 inches of rotting shit

- and the piece de resistance...he had about a dozen cats, 2 dogs who he never let out of the house...so no doubt some of that shit was theirs too. But when I visited him that time, one of his cats had died a couple of days previous, and it was decaying in the corner of the room, with one of his mutts licking the corpse.

I'd have to cover my face with a handkerchief soaked in perfume just to be able to breathe without vomiting.

He ended up in a home for "special people" by the way...

194905[/snapback]

:razz:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst smell I've ever experienced was when I was a housing officer up here in Edinburgh a good few years ago - had to visit a tenant whose idea of domestic hygiene was a bit odd, e.g.:

- He'd pile up bags of rotting rubbish in his bedroom, til it was almost impossible to get in there.

- He shat wherever he liked. And I mean wherever he liked. The kitchen sink was full of shit, the bathtub, his hallway, his living room...all of it was caked in about 2-3 inches of rotting shit

- and the piece de resistance...he had about a dozen cats, 2 dogs who he never let out of the house...so no doubt some of that shit was theirs too. But when I visited him that time, one of his cats had died a couple of days previous, and it was decaying in the corner of the room, with one of his mutts licking the corpse.

I'd have to cover my face with a handkerchief soaked in perfume just to be able to breathe without vomiting.

194905[/snapback]

Oh dear gawd. Horrible. You should have gowned, and gloved up and wore a proper mask.

We had a lady similar to that, though thankfully not the shit....but she lived with years of rubbish and food rotting away. The stupid thing was even though its disgusting, she has her 'rights' and it still took us a while to actually get her out :razz:

194905[/snapback]

Oh dear gawd. Horrible. You should have gowned, and gloved up and wore a proper mask.

We had a lady similar to that, though thankfully not the shit....but she lived with years of rubbish and food rotting away. The stupid thing was even though its disgusting, she has her 'rights' and it still took us a while to actually get her out :razz:

194914[/snapback]

Two key things I missed from that gruesome tale...

1. On my way out of the house, I skidded in some of his excrement, and nearly fell in it. :drinks:

2. The moment I got home I walked straight into the shower and undressed there. I could actually see fleas falling onto the shower tray as I did so.

Hard to say why I quit the job really...

Guest Toplass-101

brazilian shit /piss in a porta loo in at the world cup in the stats in 1994, it was so hot in thre the piss was evapoating, it was runing down the walls it was the wost plae ive vever been in my life.

194905[/snapback]

Oh my God.

Necrotising fasciitis and invasive metastatic malignant melanoma came close, but I believe we have a winner.

Some of the patients we get to theatre for amputation whiff badly like. Some of them have black feet and lower legs that look like mushy, rotten bananas and have a smell that lingers in the back of your nose for the rest of the day.

Anyone else feel a bit :razz: reading this thread?

Tell you what else used to stink, the brewery in the morning. I once had to go to SJP at 8:30ish one morning and the smell coming from S&N was minging. You know when you get an off pint and you can smell it being off?

Anyone else feel a bit  :drinks: reading this thread?

Tell you what else used to stink, the brewery in the morning. I once had to go to SJP at 8:30ish one morning and the smell coming from S&N was minging. You know when you get an off pint and you can smell it being off?

195063[/snapback]

:razz: I do alittle. It brings back memories and i am thinking i can smell that rotting dead body again :drinks:

Thats weird though isnt it? That a memory of something can actually make you smell it again.

195063[/snapback]

:razz: I do alittle. It brings back memories and i am thinking i can smell that rotting dead body again :drinks:

Thats weird though isnt it? That a memory of something can actually make you smell it again.

195491[/snapback]

Blatantly just farted.

195063[/snapback]

:drinks: I do alittle. It brings back memories and i am thinking i can smell that rotting dead body again :wub:

195491[/snapback]

Blatantly just farted.

195511[/snapback]

:razz: ladies dont fart!

Anyone else feel a bit  :puke: reading this thread?

195063[/snapback]

:aye: I do alittle. It brings back memories and i am thinking i can smell that rotting dead body again :puke:

195491[/snapback]

Blatantly just farted.

195511[/snapback]

:nono: ladies dont fart!

195514[/snapback]

Do men fart more than women?

(Submitted by Bigdude)

No, women fart just as much as men. It's just that most men take more pride in it than most women. There is a large variation among individuals in the amount of fart gas produced per day, but the variation does not correlate with gender.

I have read that men fart more often than women. If this is true, then women must be saving it up and expelling more gas per fart than men do.

Do men's farts smell worse than women's farts?

Based on what I have experienced of women's farts, all I can say is that I hope not. Scientific studies of farts show that women's farts have a higher concentration of odor-causing gases than men's farts, but men's farts have a larger volume. The two factors equalize out (the same number of stench molecules for both), so the odor is about the same.

from the farters digest

195063[/snapback]

:puke: I do alittle. It brings back memories and i am thinking i can smell that rotting dead body again :puke:

195491[/snapback]

Blatantly just farted.

195511[/snapback]

:nono:ladies dont fart!

195514[/snapback]

:puke:

i have video evidence that proves otherwise :aye:

195063[/snapback]

:puke: I do alittle. It brings back memories and i am thinking i can smell that rotting dead body again :puke:

195491[/snapback]

Blatantly just farted.

195511[/snapback]

:nono: ladies dont fart!

195514[/snapback]

Do men fart more than women?

(Submitted by Bigdude)

No, women fart just as much as men. It's just that most men take more pride in it than most women. There is a large variation among individuals in the amount of fart gas produced per day, but the variation does not correlate with gender.

I have read that men fart more often than women. If this is true, then women must be saving it up and expelling more gas per fart than men do.

Do men's farts smell worse than women's farts?

Based on what I have experienced of women's farts, all I can say is that I hope not. Scientific studies of farts show that women's farts have a higher concentration of odor-causing gases than men's farts, but men's farts have a larger volume. The two factors equalize out (the same number of stench molecules for both), so the odor is about the same.

from the farters digest

195578[/snapback]

Hearsay tbh :aye: