Fuck me do not read Glenn's comments in the chr

bobbyshinton

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all. But it just seems to me that Roeder is saying pretty much the same as he did at the back end of last year, but whereas then people were commending him for the parts that weren't like Souness, now they're looking for the bits that are and jumping on them.

I agree with this

I partly agree, but then the fans are willing to gloss over any bullshit as long as the team are doing well. It's only when it goes tits up that they resent the rubbish we are being told via the media. Bobby Robson was a prime example of this.

It's a pity there weren't any English international centre-backs on this Sol-called list. Woodya believe his bad luck?

And Huth be told, there weren't many decent centre-backs we could have signed. We should Neill down before Roeder for having the foresight not to panick and sign either of these.

if the signing of siberski wasn't desperate i don't know what is

Do you want him to sign these short term players and slag him off, or do you not want him to sign them and slag him off ?

Or do you - as is normal - naively believe the club can afford to buy half a team of superstars every summer...although you would then say there are "too many trophy signings"

:lol:

Canny laugh anyway

Do you want him to sign these short term players and slag him off, or do you not want him to sign them and slag him off ?

Or do you - as is normal - naively believe the club can afford to buy half a team of superstars every summer...although you would then say there are "too many trophy signings"

Canny laugh anyway

Gibberish. As usual.

Canny laugh anyway

Gibberish. As usual.

No it isn't. It is true, because he does, and he's not the only one ... :icon_lol:

Christian Vieri, Chris Sutton, and Diego Tristan - not sure which would be better than Sibierski out of them 3

The first and the last, maybe?

Vieiri's worse now than Shearer was in his last two seasons.

Canny laugh anyway

honestly. why do you insist on putting words in people's mouths in a feeble attempt to justify your cretinous defence of shepherd?

where have i said i expected us to sign a team of superstars?

all i expected was our chairman and manager to have some kind of plan in spending our limited budget. that means:

* not spending it all on two attacking players, one of whom despite being a good player we didn't really need.

* not leaving the majority of our business until the last few days of the window AGAIN

* not panic buying the likes of siberski, bernard and rossi

* investing a good chunk of the budget on some quality at the back. something we have failed to address AGAIN

honestly, i don't know how you can defend it. we missed out on free tranfers like sol campbell, hasam tabelsi, jimmy floyd hasslbank and many more that would have added depth, quality and experience to the squad. instead we approach the window with little or no strategy AGAIN and the end result is a wafer thin unbalanced squad.

answer me this: are you honestly happy with our defence going into the new season? don't you think we should have added more to that area of the squad than oliver bernard, who frankly has been shit since he left us.

Canny laugh anyway

honestly. why do you insist on putting words in people's mouths in a feeble attempt to justify your cretinous defence of shepherd?

all i expected was our chairman and manager to have some kind of plan in spending our limited budget. that means:

* not spending it all on two attacking players, one of whom despite being a good player we didn't really need.

* not leaving the majority of our business until the last few days of the window AGAIN

* investing a good chunk of the budget on some quality at the back. something we have failed to address AGAIN

honestly, i don't know how you can defend it. we missed out on free tranfers like sol campbell, hasam tabelsi, jimmy floyd hasslbank and many more that would have added depth, quality and experience to the squad. instead we approach the window with little or no strategy AGAIN and the end result is a wafer thin unbalanced squad.

answer me this: are you honestly happy with our defence going into the new season? don't you think we should have added more to that area of the squad than oliver bernard, who frankly has been shit since he left us.

even glen realises now "doh"

"Titus has tweaked his ankle and his knee in the same incident and, although it's not serious in terms of him being out for three or four weeks, he is touch and go for the weekend," said the United boss, who will hope that Steven Taylor can shake off a foot problem. "I expect Titus to be fully fit soon and I'm not overly concerned. It was a precaution bringing him off.

"But we have not got a lot of cover in the central defensive positions."

Canny laugh anyway

even glen realises now "doh"

"Titus has tweaked his ankle and his knee in the same incident and, although it's not serious in terms of him being out for three or four weeks, he is touch and go for the weekend," said the United boss, who will hope that Steven Taylor can shake off a foot problem. "I expect Titus to be fully fit soon and I'm not overly concerned. It was a precaution bringing him off.

"But we have not got a lot of cover in the central defensive positions."

try telling that to leazesmag glen

Canny laugh anyway

Spot on tbh. Mind you that still doesn't mean I can blame Roeder for not being interested in any of the free players mentioned at the start of this thread.

Hearing some of these comments I now understand why the rest of the premiership call us 'fickle fans' or 'unpatient' at best.

Premiership games under Roeder: 18

Points scored: 34

Give the guy a chance for christ sake! Two bad results and we start likening him to Souness... Ridiculous. I for one will be at the Everton game next week cheering on the lads AND Roeder for what he has done for us post Souness

Edited by JohnB

Canny laugh anyway

Honestly, why do you keep making things up, rather than accuse me of "putting words into your mouth"

Please explain where - since january 2003 - Woodgate, Parker, Emre, Boumsong, Duff, Bowyer, Kluivert, Carr, Milner, Emre, Butt, Moore and Faye were all "panic buys", "buys without planning" "buys made just before the transfer window AGAIN".

That is 13 players in almost 4 years, add Owen to the list who only a complete fool would say is not a long term buy made with Shearers retirmement in mind, Luque who the manager had openly said he wanted for a while, and Martins too who had been linked with the club for a while.

Out of the first list, Woodgate especially was an outstanding example of showing foresight, getting him in January before others would have came in in the summer, yet people like you peddle the rubbish that "we spent nowt going into the CL" when we had bought in advance of that to get the quality player first...the only club to spend big in January.

For as long as you say things which are made up, and not true, I will tell you that they are a load of crap, instead of making things up like this, you should take note of real facts, such as the fact that over the last decade the club has qualified for europe 7 times, the 5th most in the country, and you dont' do that by making "panic buys" and "lack planning". Even more hilarious is the fact you appear to think nobody buys any players just before the transfer deadline ... I suppose you are going to tell us that Liverpool buying Kuyt and Chelsea buying Cole is "panic buys" and "lack foresight". :D

As for Duff and Martins, it is living proof that people like you will whinge whatever the club does. The club had been linked with Malbranque for a while to play on the right. They bought Duff, personally I would prefer Duff on the right to Malbranque on the right. In my opinion if the club had not bought Duff for what we paid people like you would be having a field day criticising them for not doing so.

We needed 2 forwards minimum. We got them, he used his budget, and has brought in a defender and another forward and a loan forward as there was no money left. If you think the club should have brought in a good defender and a forward and other loan or free signings you would be whinging that not buying forwards would mean that Ameobi or Luque would have to play a lot this season. The choices the club had were put up by me in another thread somewhere. If you cannot accept that he had a limited budget and has made his choice - yet still moan you want more, then YOU DO INDEED MUST THINK THE CLUB HAS A BOTTOMLESS PIT OF MONEY. Get real.

If Martins and Duff are a success [and I think we know Duff will be here playing at the peak of his career, you tell ME what is wrong with that] then it means that he can turn his attention next to a defender, happy with his forwards. It is only quality that counts, this is the only way to build a team, by getting the right players and making good judgements - and getting them when they are available.

A good idea for you, would be to stop repeating what others say, look at the facts ie our league position and a realistic appraisal of our financial situation, and get a mind of your own to arrive at the conclusion.

Agree with some of what Leazes says there, hav an issue or two with some of it though.

The only way to build a successful team is from the back and there were defenders available who would improved the 1st team let alone the squad and they would have cost £000,000.00 in transfer fee, the fact that anyone fails to see this is quite bemusing. If the club felt that letting all those good defenders sign for other clubs because they had someone(s) better lined up, i could see the logic. To make a last ditch attempt to buy Huth proves 2 things, 1) We had the money so that arguement is defunct, 2) We planned his purchase poorly.

I fail to see any explanation.

Agree with some of what Leazes says there, hav an issue or two with some of it though.

The only way to build a successful team is from the back and there were defenders available who would improved the 1st team let alone the squad and they would have cost £000,000.00 in transfer fee, the fact that anyone fails to see this is quite bemusing. If the club felt that letting all those good defenders sign for other clubs because they had someone(s) better lined up, i could see the logic. To make a last ditch attempt to buy Huth proves 2 things, 1) We had the money so that arguement is defunct, 2) We planned his purchase poorly.

Long time since we had a defender as manager. The fact that he has done nowt about it is amazing. I dont rate Huth at all so not worried about him but there were significantly better available cheaper.

I partly agree that the only way to build a team is from the back, to the extent that a good defence is obviously important, but so is a good attack. The way to build a successful team is to have the balance between the two right.

I think building a team - or taking the case of any manager new to a job - is making your decisions about players and realising where you are weak and getting the players you think are good enough when they are available. Yes, you have priorities, but the main thing is bringing people in who you want, when you can, and are going to be happy with, when you spend your money. We needed 2 forwards, minimum. He saw 2 forwards he thinks are good enough, so he bought them. End of. I also find it hard to understand why people are blaming Shepherd for Roeders choice of players. It is nothing to do with Shepherd. If they are a success Roeder gets the credit and if they aren't then he will take the rap. And I agree with Roeder targetting 2 forwards, or rather support him if he thinks these 2 players are 2 players he wanted, and decided to plug the back for now until he has more money, and/or made some sales. This is how you build a good team.

I think if Martins is a success, then he is spot on with his buys. Buying a player like Duff for the price he was who has yet to reach his best years of his career is totally without fault. Massively preferable to a player like Malbranque in my opinion.

Roeder was dealt a shit set of cards by Souness, in respect that a lot of money has been wasted and players have been lost to the club that should not have been. The signings of Bernard, Sibierski and the loan of Rossi are squad buys, which nobody can say we were better off not making because with little money left we needed some squad players and short term buys too - apart from Bernard if he plays like he did when he was here before. Yes I would also have preferred JFH but that was Roeders decision, it is totally seperate to stupid accusations of "lack of planning", "panic buying" and other moronic accusations which have absolutely no facts to back them up, if you consider the list of players I mention in the previous post, all of which were players bought with plenty of time to weigh up options, and targetted by the managers who bought them.

I can see your point about Huth, but

a. does this prove the smogs also made a "panic buy" ?

b. I would think - imo - that maybe the club was hoping that he would be cheaper nearer the deadline, if they are short of money, then you have to accept money is tight, so its not "bad planning". On the other hand if they were prepared to dig deep and find more money that isn't really there then you have to give credit for doing this - again, which is of course not the actions of a "shit board" [although some will say panic buy again] - but personally I would prefer them not to spend money they don't have for the moment, I just accept they might have to make some sales.

Edited by LeazesMag

:D

Canny laugh anyway

Honestly, why do you keep making things up, rather than accuse me of "putting words into your mouth"

Please explain where - since january 2003 - Woodgate, Parker, Emre, Boumsong, Duff, Bowyer, Kluivert, Carr, Milner, Emre, Butt, Moore and Faye were all "panic buys", "buys without planning" "buys made just before the transfer window AGAIN".

That is 13 players in almost 4 years, add Owen to the list who only a complete fool would say is not a long term buy made with Shearers retirmement in mind, Luque who the manager had openly said he wanted for a while, and Martins too who had been linked with the club for a while.

Out of the first list, Woodgate especially was an outstanding example of showing foresight, getting him in January before others would have came in in the summer, yet people like you peddle the rubbish that "we spent nowt going into the CL" when we had bought in advance of that to get the quality player first...the only club to spend big in January.

For as long as you say things which are made up, and not true, I will tell you that they are a load of crap, instead of making things up like this, you should take note of real facts, such as the fact that over the last decade the club has qualified for europe 7 times, the 5th most in the country, and you dont' do that by making "panic buys" and "lack planning". Even more hilarious is the fact you appear to think nobody buys any players just before the transfer deadline ... I suppose you are going to tell us that Liverpool buying Kuyt and Chelsea buying Cole is "panic buys" and "lack foresight". :(

As for Duff and Martins, it is living proof that people like you will whinge whatever the club does. The club had been linked with Malbranque for a while to play on the right. They bought Duff, personally I would prefer Duff on the right to Malbranque on the right. In my opinion if the club had not bought Duff for what we paid people like you would be having a field day criticising them for not doing so.

We needed 2 forwards minimum. We got them, he used his budget, and has brought in a defender and another forward and a loan forward as there was no money left. If you think the club should have brought in a good defender and a forward and other loan or free signings you would be whinging that not buying forwards would mean that Ameobi or Luque would have to play a lot this season. The choices the club had were put up by me in another thread somewhere. If you cannot accept that he had a limited budget and has made his choice - yet still moan you want more, then YOU DO INDEED MUST THINK THE CLUB HAS A BOTTOMLESS PIT OF MONEY. Get real.

If Martins and Duff are a success [and I think we know Duff will be here playing at the peak of his career, you tell ME what is wrong with that] then it means that he can turn his attention next to a defender, happy with his forwards. It is only quality that counts, this is the only way to build a team, by getting the right players and making good judgements - and getting them when they are available.

A good idea for you, would be to stop repeating what others say, look at the facts ie our league position and a realistic appraisal of our financial situation, and get a mind of your own to arrive at the conclusion.

bump for Dan, to tell us how all these players are "panic buys", "pre transfer deadline buys" and "lack planning", as he says.

LM, I don't know what you keep laughing about. You look like an idiot that can't come to terms with reality.

Only a complete idiot, would say that ALL these players I list are "panic buys", "pre transfre deadline transfers" and "lack planning" and only bigger idiots would agree with it.

And yes, the breathtaking idiocy of it is both sad and funny at the same time.

Edited by LeazesMag

LM, I don't know what you keep laughing about. You look like an idiot that can't come to terms with reality.

Only a complete idiot, would say that ALL these players I list are "panic buys", "pre transfre deadline transfers" and "lack planning" and only bigger idiots would agree with it.

And only a complete moron would be unable to see the massive backward steps we are taking under Freddy Shepherd. Not only are other teams improving, but we are getting worse, exacerbating our relative decline. Only an idiot could fail to see this, and only an idiot could fail to spot the cause - the eminently unprofessional man in charge of the club. Where he ranks alongside previous chairmen is utterly irrelevant. His performance is unacceptable and only you can't see it.

And only a complete moron would be unable to see the massive backward steps we are taking under Freddy Shepherd. Not only are other teams improving, but we are getting worse, exacerbating our relative decline. Only an idiot could fail to see this, and only an idiot could fail to spot the cause - the eminently unprofessional man in charge of the club. Where he ranks alongside previous chairmen is utterly irrelevant. His performance is unacceptable and only you can't see it.

Gemmil - you were utterly and completely wrong about Souness, and you are again here.

Being 5th in the country over a decade is only done on merit.

If however, you think it isn't and you aren't happy, give up your ticket and force change. I only hope their replacements will be among the top 4. And I am pleased you are so confident such a thing would be easy, because I can't think of anyone who has shown themselves to be prepared and willing to come in and do better lurking in the backround.

BTW - the reason for the lack of money ie only 3 or 4 clubs have spent more than us ??? is because they threw money at the man YOU backed.

EDIT. BTW - we are "only" 5th because we haven't appointed a manager as good as Keegan, but YOU, as an accountant, aren't suggesting that improving the clubs stadium capacity and building a new state of the art training complex, aren't "going backwards" I hope :lol:

Edited by LeazesMag