• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never been seen dead fishing

I have never worn a cowboy hat - even in Oklahoma

Neither would I wear the kit the Pope gets up in

all v strange

and I think leazes may be partially correct on this one - a lot of shooting from the hip I think

all v strange

and I think leazes may be partially correct on this one - a lot of shooting from the hip I think

that poster was put up about a year ago, and they said it was you ?

I take it, it isn't

The vatican is saying that the pope didnt intend to hurt muslim feelings. And that comes after the pope said" Prophet Muhammed has only brought evil and inhuman things into the world".

Dont blame them much to be honest, the vatican holds little importance these days and the pope is simply there as a historical figure, like the queen. They've got nothing better to do than to make these statements.

First of all he quoted someone else in the context of a speech about the history of religion and violence.

Secondly to describe the leader of the biggest christian church by a mile as a historical or peripheral figure is naive at best.

I have no time for the catholic church or the pope in general but this furore once again proves that the Muslim world is ignorant and intolerant to a breathtaking degree.

I still have yet to read anything from any Muslim to repudiate the actual statement which I wholeheatedly agree with, though I would apply it to all organized religions without exception.

all v strange

that poster was put up about a year ago, and they said it was you ?

I take it, it isn't

I never smile

First of all he quoted someone else in the context of a speech about the history of religion and violence.

Secondly to describe the leader of the biggest christian church by a mile as a historical or peripheral figure is naive at best.

I have no time for the catholic church or the pope in general but this furore once again proves that the Muslim world is ignorant and intolerant to a breathtaking degree.

I still have yet to read anything from any Muslim to repudiate the actual statement which I wholeheatedly agree with, though I would apply it to all organized religions without exception.

yet, you say WE are racists for not tolerating them .......

odd.

Maybe you are learning .......

Its not the muslim world, its some people that have been driven to desperation.

The US and the west have been kicking around the rest of the world as they please, not just the muslims. The muslims, being week and largely helpless, have now resorted to these tactics in retaliation. The muslims are themselves partly to blame for this, they have lost pace in the world and are backward and thus cannot face the US and co. face to face. But the latter are wrong when thinking they have a holy right on the earth and can do whatever they please. That bred terrorism in the first place and the only way to stop it is accepting the muslims and other races as human beings.

yet, you say WE are racists for not tolerating them .......

odd.

Maybe you are learning .......

I don't like intolerance from either direction - but given the level of education and culture in a lot of the Muslim world they almost have an excuse for being backwards - We don't.

Its not the muslim world, its some people that have been driven to desperation.

The US and the west have been kicking around the rest of the world as they please, not just the muslims. The muslims, being week and largely helpless, have now resorted to these tactics in retaliation. The muslims are themselves partly to blame for this, they have lost pace in the world and are backward and thus cannot face the US and co. face to face. But the latter are wrong when thinking they have a holy right on the earth and can do whatever they please. That bred terrorism in the first place and the only way to stop it is accepting the muslims and other races as human beings.

If there had never been a single incident of Muslim terrorism I'd still consider the contribution of that and Christianity to be "evil and inhuman" - not on a personal level - individual beilefs aren't a problem - organized dogma is the problem imo.

the vatican holds little importance these days and the pope is simply there as a historical figure, like the queen. They've got nothing better to do than to make these statements.

I'll have to stop you there, because that is bollocks.

Edited by Matt

the vatican holds little importance these days and the pope is simply there as a historical figure, like the queen. They've got nothing better to do than to make these statements.

I'll have to stop you there, because that is bollocks.

Im not criticizing the intentions of the Pope or the Vatican, they are still probably honest to their faith. But if you look around very few people actually look to them for guidance now, I mean the elections caused something of a stir but that was about it. Just like the Queen gets a mention on her birthday but hardly anybody takes them seriously apart from that. Its not just happening to Christianity, the same can be said about Islam. Hundreds of millions of people call themselves muslims, but I'd say almost half of them arent true ones anymore. They change laws as they like and ignore ones that dont suit them. However Islamic leaders still hold reasonable power in their countries.

Everyone seems to have their own ideas as to God and faith. Religion, priests, holy books all are becoming less and less popular.

I think you're massively underestimating the power of Vatican, particularly in Southern Europe and South America.

And you can't compare the Queen and the Pope as only the latter can be considered as a spiritual leader.

Although they are both German.

How many of you have actually read the whole speach, which was actually a academical lecture about faith and reason? I found the comments somewhat misplaced, but people are really trying to cause a storm in a tea cup.

It was the speech of an itellectual theologian which is after all what the bloke is. its a fair point that maybe as Pope he should have realised what would happen, or at least he would have advisers who would warn him.