Muslims

LeazesMag

I would say that the Queen (gawd bless her maj ) is now just a figurehead and nothing to what the monarchy used to be. The Pope however is different, there are millions upon millions of people on earth who do listen to what he has to say and take faith from it.

I am not one of those, religion and me dont go together however good luck to those who it does work for.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you have actually read the whole speach, which was actually a academical lecture about faith and reason? I found the comments somewhat misplaced, but people are really trying to cause a storm in a tea cup.

It was the speech of an itellectual theologian which is after all what the bloke is. its a fair point that maybe as Pope he should have realised what would happen, or at least he would have advisers who would warn him.

Exactly. It was stupid and I don't agree with most of his lecture. But apart from the academical controversy he should have been intelligent enough (something he obviously is, why I don't think it was accidental) to realise what media uproar his comments might cause. He likes to provoke and that's what he did.

The problem for me isn't that he used the quotation in the speech, rather that he didn't seem to distance himself from it during the speech. I haven't read the speech so I'm guessing somewhat.

Regardless of whether the pope was right with his speech, watching the news this morning, and seeing a set of bearded morons chanting and holding banners about Allah cursing the Pope, outside of Sunday mass at some church in London makes you wonder what is the matter with these people. A lot of them had their faces obscured and the chanting was pretty aggressive. Get a life you complete dickheads.

They interviewed some lad who must have been about 20 who had the full beard and that - "We can't make the pope come here, so if we can't make our feelings felt with actions, we must do it with our mouths." Yeah, most lads your age are watching Chelsea v Liverpool on the telly, you're in the street ruining someone's day so you can chant about Allah, you knobhead.

They interviewed some lad who must have been about 20 who had the full beard and that - "We can't make the pope come here, so if we can't make our feelings felt with actions, we must do it with our mouths."

There's nowt stopping you from going to the Vatican, son. If Allah loved you enough he'd put on a charter plane for you.

They interviewed some lad who must have been about 20 who had the full beard and that - "We can't make the pope come here, so if we can't make our feelings felt with actions, we must do it with our mouths."

There's nowt stopping you from going to the Vatican, son. If Allah loved you enough he'd put on a charter plane for you.

Unlikely to reach its intended destination tbh.

Unlikely to reach its intended destination tbh.

:lol:

It did my head in though. What is up with these morons. A few churches have been firebombed in other countries and some Italian nun has been shot dead, supposedly as a result of reprisals over what the pope had to say. Now the pope should have known better, but firebombing churches and killing nuns?! Get a grip you tossers.

The problem for me isn't that he used the quotation in the speech, rather that he didn't seem to distance himself from it during the speech. I haven't read the speech so I'm guessing somewhat.

There you go: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/15_09_06_pope.pdf

I was right then :lol:

Hence my previous post saying that this quote was somewhat misplaced. :D

Ridiculous really - the whole furore over the misquoting of the Pope (who was only making the point that there was no room for violence in spreading the "word of God") was bizarre. So no surprise to me to see the usual over-reaction of Muslims setting fire to effigies of the Pope and torching Christian churches.

Any such protests in the UK should have been punished immediately by death. That'd shut the lunatic bastards up (not). No, but seriously, there's no reason why the Pope should have apologised...for what? For telling the truth that these Islamic freaks live their lives according to a code which is steeped in violence and misogyny?

It did my head in though. What is up with these morons. A few churches have been firebombed in other countries and some Italian nun has been shot dead, supposedly as a result of reprisals over what the pope had to say. Now the pope should have known better, but firebombing churches and killing nuns?! Get a grip you tossers.

The irony is great. The pope is largely misinterpreted as saying Islam is a religion of violence, so how do some muslims respond? By burning churches and killing nuns ffs! Are they too stupid to realise they are verifying the pope's point?

I regard myself as a moderate person, but I have to say that I now regard muslims as a direct threat to our liberty and freedom of speech. I'm beginning to join the "if you don't like it, fuck off" brigade. I don't see how western society can coexist with fundamental islam.

The Pope has got exactly what he wanted.

He knew that there would be some hot headed outrage, he knew what the media coverage would be like, he knew that people would end up slagging of the muslims.

I am not saying that these effigy burning idiots are right, but lets not be naive about this, benny the jew gasser knew exactly what he was doing

The irony is great. The pope is largely misinterpreted as saying Islam is a religion of violence, so how do some muslims respond? By burning churches and killing nuns ffs! Are they too stupid to realise they are verifying the pope's point?

I regard myself as a moderate person, but I have to say that I now regard muslims as a direct threat to our liberty and freedom of speech. I'm beginning to join the "if you don't like it, fuck off" brigade. I don't see how western society can coexist with fundamental islam.

You're not the only one. Used to think I was reasonably tolerant of different cultures, but I'm increasingly losing patience with the fundamentalist lunatic fringe of Islam - which doesn't seem to be so much a "fringe" as the whole frigging load of 'em.

He knew that there would be some hot headed outrage, he knew what the media coverage would be like, he knew that people would end up slagging of the muslims.

I am not saying that these effigy burning idiots are right, but lets not be naive about this, benny the jew gasser knew exactly what he was doing

I'm inclined to agree, the fucking cunt.

I'm inclined to agree, the fucking cunt.

I seriously doubt he did this intentionally, the original talk was an acadewmic one at a University, wasn't it? What does the pope have to gain from inflaming religious hatred? And what's more, why should he mind his words? Why should we always have to appease the muslims, bend over backwards not to offend them, and let's be honest, everything offends them.

Spongebob believes all religions are equally bad, as witnessed by his jibe at the pope there. Well, I don't agree with this, and I want the right to be able to say this. Something these nutters want to take away from me.

The pope would have to be stupid not to see that this would have offended people. Doubt he is tbh. I'm not sticking up for those who have been offended and have protested btw, they can fuck off too. I can't believe people are tarring all Muslims with the same brush though. Actually, I can.

Pretty much what I was about to post.

Let's not forget that he doesn't distance himself from the quote and goes on to press home the case for the rationality of Catholicism. He may not say it directly, but he's saying Muslimism is stuck in the Dark Ages. He may not be wrong, but it's a pretty weighty thing to suggest. Has a pop at every other major religion too, I guess that's what the head of a religion has to do.

The whole paper makes a good argument for the serious place Philosophy has in society, but he hasn't really made a good argument by trying to shoe-horn religion in. Although I increasingly think there's one to be made.

Coupla points i'd like to make...

1) i think its time that muslims worked on their pr image a bit. maybe hire someone like max clifford.

2) *devils advocate hat on* why should muslims and islam change? if they did, would it be to suit us (ie the western world) or them?

The pope would have to be stupid not to see that this would have offended people. Doubt he is tbh. I'm not sticking up for those who have been offended and have protested btw, they can fuck off too. I can't believe people are tarring all Muslims with the same brush though. Actually, I can.

I'm not tarring all muslims with the same brush though. Moderate muslims who are happy to live in and contribute to our secular society are welcome in my book. BUT I think there is now a sizable minority who don't fit this description, and they are the ones mainly to blame for the increasing hostility towards the muslim population.

Regarding the pope, he should say what he thinks without having to worry about how certain sections of Islam are going to react. Like I say, it's incredibly ironic that the protesters proved him right.

I seriously doubt he did this intentionally, the original talk was an acadewmic one at a University, wasn't it? What does the pope have to gain from inflaming religious hatred? And what's more, why should he mind his words? Why should we always have to appease the muslims, bend over backwards not to offend them, and let's be honest, everything offends them.

Spongebob believes all religions are equally bad, as witnessed by his jibe at the pope there. Well, I don't agree with this, and I want the right to be able to say this. Something these nutters want to take away from me.

What does the pope have to gain from making an "innocent" comment which gets blown out of all proportion by his greatest rivals; making the greatest threat to his religion look like a bunch of sandal-wearing loonies, while Catholicism becomes increasingly accepted as the rational and futuristic option (at a time when their anachronism is at an all-time high)?

I can't think... :lol:

Pretty much what I was about to post.

Let's not forget that he doesn't distance himself from the quote and goes on to press home the case for the rationality of Catholicism. He may not say it directly, but he's saying Muslimism is stuck in the Dark Ages. He may not be wrong, but it's a pretty weighty thing to suggest. Has a pop at every other major religion too, I guess that's what the head of a religion has to do.

The whole paper makes a good argument for the serious place Philosophy has in society, but he hasn't really made a good argument by trying to shoe-horn religion in. Although I increasingly think there's one to be made.

Islam, you mean? :lol: