Hammond 'critically injured' in crash

Craig

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go against all my principles and agree with Sima, it is the best thing on the beeb at the minute. I don't even like cars that much, I own a VW golf ffs, but I find it good entertainment. Come on the hamster, pull through kidda.

Hope he gets well soon.

I disagree about the current show being "better" than the old one though, with Tiff, Quentin, and the other guy who had an accident on his motorbike. They're totally different shows. The current one is much more high budget and will appeal to the greater "vegetable" like TV audience rather than the car enthusiast. Top Gear of old, my personal favourite, was much more focussed on the actual "review" of a car, and the car itself. The current show, still good, is more aimed at general "entertainment" and is largely based around a staged event / fictional event that runs staggered throughout the show. It's almost like comparing the Top Gear magazine to Max Power... :S

Edited by Li3nZ

Hope he gets well soon.

I disagree about the current show being "better" than the old one though, with Tiff, Quentin, and the other guy who had an accident on his motorbike. They're totally different shows. The current one is much more high budget and will appeal to the greater "vegetable" like TV audience rather than the car enthusiast. Top Gear of old, my personal favourite, was much more focussed on the actual "review" of a car, and the car itself. The current show, still good, is more aimed at general "entertainment" and is largely based around a staged event / fictional event that runs staggered throughout the show. It's almost like comparing the Top Gear magazine to Max Power... :S

Agreed, it depends what you're after. I guess the beeb is interested in maximising viewing figures than appealing to a specific niche. I prefer the newer version, but then again I'm not that into cars.

I'm going to go against all my principles and agree with Sima, it is the best thing on the beeb at the minute. I don't even like cars that much, I own a VW golf ffs, but I find it good entertainment. Come on the hamster, pull through kidda.

Now that's weird, so do I :good:

Top Gear basically better than Extras for what Extras is known for :lol: