What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

The Neil Young album is great & it’s from my favourite era of his music. I’d already heard a couple of the tracks on Decade a really old greatest hits record.

The Dylan one is decent but it’s almost like you’re listening to a super villain at times. He’s a bit of a lunatic.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Listening to a bit Devin Townsend.

He’s a mad genius. 

He recorded two of my favourite albums ("Ocean Machine: Biomech" and SYL's "City") within a couple of months of each other. :lol: Prolific and definitely batshit.

All that and a starring role in this soft rawk classic too. B)

(The Epic Sax Guy on drums might be my new favourite person. :lol: )

3 hours ago, sammynb said:

Bill Drummond is the man.

I love this off his solo album from before the KLF.

The Jimmy Cauty solo album ‘Space’ was class. https://www.discogs.com/Space-Space/master/63579 And as well as being the other half of The KLF and involved in various other musical projects including The Orb he’s quite a well known artist and did the famous Athena Lord of the Rings poster when he was a teenager 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

The Jimmy Cauty solo album ‘Space’ was class. https://www.discogs.com/Space-Space/master/63579 And as well as being the other half of The KLF and involved in various other musical projects including The Orb he’s quite a well known artist and did the famous Athena Lord of the Rings poster when he was a teenager 

If only he hadn't been gullible enough to let Bill talk him into burning a million quid!

The shit that pair must have got up to!

For all my sins I have to edit a three song performance by Crowded House, as if the plague isn't bad enough...

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Meenzer said:

He recorded two of my favourite albums ("Ocean Machine: Biomech" and SYL's "City") within a couple of months of each other. :lol: Prolific and definitely batshit.

All that and a starring role in this soft rawk classic too. B)

(The Epic Sax Guy on drums might be my new favourite person. :lol: )

I have pretty much avoided all the Vai/Townsend stuff to date. I was expecting an absolute face melting solo from Vai there. Instead of 5 seconds of squiggle before the chorus again.

Vai actually looking quite dapper despite his dreadlocks and Star Trek uniform :lol: 

One of my little lad’s favourite songs that-the whole album is a belter, tbh. 
(That’s Yoshimi stuffing her face at the start of the video, too)

This is one of my favourite tracks from that album…

• Like 1

Currently binging on Dire Straits & I’m always took back by some of the production crimes of the 80s.

Just sticking random back vocals in anywhere. “OOooOooo the subject of the song,  baaAaaaAby” 

The two minute Pink Floyd style intro to “Money for nothing” for fucks sake :lol: 

He’s a good song writer and a fantastic guitar player, it’s just everything around him....who is that saxophone player? Where did he come from? 

• Like 1