What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Listened to the first track- “I Swear, I Really Wanted to Make a “Rap” Album But This Is Literally the Way the Wind Blew Me This Time“ 

Not that impressed on first listen. 

Second track - “ The Slang Word Pussy Rolls Off The Tongue With Far Better Ease Than The Proper Word Vagina. Do You Agree?” :lol:

Better. 

I’ll have two of whatever he was on when he came up with the track titles. 

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Listened to the first track- “I Swear, I Really Wanted to Make a “Rap” Album But This Is Literally the Way the Wind Blew Me This Time“ 

Not that impressed on first listen. 

Second track - “ The Slang Word Pussy Rolls Off The Tongue With Far Better Ease Than The Proper Word Vagina. Do You Agree?” :lol:

Better. 

I’ll have two of whatever he was on when he came up with the track titles. 

Can he do match threads? Asking for a friend. 🙂 

• Haha 4

This is an interesting listen with Jonny Vegas

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09jl84m

I've seen him at Headingley a few times watching St Helens.  He used to come to Headingley in a mini bus they called the 'fun bus'  Its basically a bunch of piss heads.  It turned up and he physically fell out he was that hammered :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

As Christmas is on the way, time to dig out this old chestnut again.

Seen that loads of times and it somehow gets worse every time :lol: 

• Haha 3

So, was reading a bit about bands that managed to get a wee sweary past the radioplay censors in their songs, most of which I knew about. 
e.g.

Who Are You? by The Who

Pokerface by Lady Gaga

The one that came as a surprise, firstly because I’d never picked it up, and secondly because of the sheer frequency, was this little belter. 

Did you spot them? :lol:

• Haha 1

Pretty sure yer local South Shield's lads from The Wildhearts told TOTP's the lyrics to Caffeine Bomb were "baby can't you see I'm in deep water" when it was actually "I'm shitting brown water".

They were invited back on at least twice. I see no harm in this unless you look at any of these folks long term career trajectory.

As an aside your need to get MF jr onto the (early-mid 90's) Wildhearts if you haven't already. Even Paul Gilbert is a fan. Theres some really bizarre footage of Paul and Ginger playing as a dodgy half-baked acoustic duo in Japan back in the mid late 90's floating about on YouTube. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So, was reading a bit about bands that managed to get a wee sweary past the radioplay censors in their songs, most of which I knew about. 
e.g.

Who Are You? by The Who

Pokerface by Lady Gaga

The one that came as a surprise, firstly because I’d never picked it up, and secondly because of the sheer frequency, was this little belter. 

Did you spot them? :lol:

WTF? - no not the post, it's in the song.

The same EMF which the bass player was found a week after he'd died in his flat because a freind from the States was over and he didn't answer the door?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/emf-4-1377700