What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

5 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

He’s got a few more albums and they’re all along the same lines, mate. Fucking quality summer music 

Aye, I looked up some of his other bands too on the back of this - Moon Duo stood out to me. 

Right up my straße this. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, sammynb said:

Mitski's new one is interesting from wheat I've heard so far.

Also really like Holy Waves new album, Five Of Cups

My eldest is a huge Mitski fan, she was at an album launch listening party just the other day. I haven't given any of it much of a chance but Mrs B was surprised how much she enjoyed it and used the same word as you just there, "a lot of it was really interesting". Her copy of the album arrived today.

In other news we managed to get a rare rake around Scotland's biggest independent record store this afternoon. Mrs predictably came away with some Kyle Faulkner solo stuff. I managed to find a copy of Heartwork by Carcass on vinyl and an old Gong album but sadly had to pass on the Gong record as it was 90 fucking quid. If it wasn't for the Kyle records I'd have sworn that shop visit was like stepping back in time 20-odd years, complete with Monster Magnet's "Powertrip" being the soundtrack playing for most of our browsing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

My eldest is a huge Mitski fan, she was at an album launch listening party just the other day. I haven't given any of it much of a chance but Mrs B was surprised how much she enjoyed it and used the same word as you just there, "a lot of it was really interesting". Her copy of the album arrived today.

In other news we managed to get a rare rake around Scotland's biggest independent record store this afternoon. Mrs predictably came away with some Kyle Faulkner solo stuff. I managed to find a copy of Heartwork by Carcass on vinyl and an old Gong album but sadly had to pass on the Gong record as it was 90 fucking quid. If it wasn't for the Kyle records I'd have sworn that shop visit was like stepping back in time 20-odd years, complete with Monster Magnet's "Powertrip" being the soundtrack playing for most of our browsing. 

The show I work on these days uses commercial music so I've had to listen/use to a lot of stuff I would have just previously ignored and it's surprising how good some of this stuff is. I still can't be fucked with the r'n'b or the shite they now call r'n'b.

@Blastronaut while I've got your attention, Bass Drum Of Death are doing a gig in Glasgow at Room 2 on Oct 11 if you have a chance go see them. @PaddockLad saw them when they toured with the Lemonheads last year/early this, fuck knows why they were supporting Evan and that shite, and was impressed. BTW Rob closest show to you is London 13/10 at Moth Club.

On 15/09/2023 at 23:07, sammynb said:

The show I work on these days uses commercial music so I've had to listen/use to a lot of stuff I would have just previously ignored and it's surprising how good some of this stuff is. I still can't be fucked with the r'n'b or the shite they now call r'n'b.

@Blastronaut while I've got your attention, Bass Drum Of Death are doing a gig in Glasgow at Room 2 on Oct 11 if you have a chance go see them. @PaddockLad saw them when they toured with the Lemonheads last year/early this, fuck knows why they were supporting Evan and that shite, and was impressed. BTW Rob closest show to you is London 13/10 at Moth Club.

Oi. I'll have you know Im no mad fan but have a soft spot for "Evan and that shite". 

Evan Dando probably pulled off the second most unexpectedly impressive (local) open air festival performance I've seen, second only to an absolutely rubbered Mark Chadwick's Levellers. 

Mark only edges it because I like my live music to be hanging by an absolute thread. Evan loses points for having it all under control.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Work colleague has just introduced me to these. Fucking hell, I need to bleach my brain. :cantlook:

I think Tooj just saw them live :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think Tooj just saw them live :lol: 

Yeah, my colleague just did. Actually paiud money. Apparently they stripped of and a few grannies threw their bra and knickers on stage. :lol:

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Renton said:

Work colleague has just introduced me to these. Fucking hell, I need to bleach my brain. :cantlook:

TBF they're just a better version of the Sleaford Mods.

Thanks to Gene Clarks blog on the 59 tapes he found and listened to, this:

It's typical Swans, amazing and interesting then all of a sudden like some cunt is trying to force a jackhammer through your ear.