What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

School Of Seven Bells - Disconnect from Desire. Not convinced yet but some good tracks, growing on me.

Kode9 - You Dont Wash

Autechre - Y7

Mount Kimbie - Mayor

I've listened to it once and enjoyed it. I love the sound of this type of thing but I usually find that they never have a any songs that I can really grab hold of and keep coming back to. I've always found Radio Dept like that and I hoping that I'm going to like their new one more with the good reviews it's had.

Broken Bells - Broken Bells

Bit like the above actually except I'm really loving The High Road.

Heavens on fire. Keep going back to that for the piano. Best track on the new album.

Will probably give it a listen today so I'll let you know what I think.

Wolf Parade - Expo 86

More like Appologies than Mt Zoomer which for me is a very good thing. Not sure it's as strong as their debut but I'm certainly enjoying it and it's much more the direction I prefer them to go in.

One of my favourites of the year (and one of my favourite bands). What Would My Lover Say? and Cave-o-Sapien are both class. The synths in Ghost Pressure are incredibly catchy as well.

I've had a year or so of that (mind you my ipod fucked up so I can't put anything new on it which has probably had a lot to do with it) but now I'm ready for as much new stuff as I can find. Which this year seems to be of a very high quality I'm happy to say.

Didnt give that Wolf Parade album much of a listen tbh.

On the electronic / techno / post-dubstep side of things, there are some quality tracks on Actress - Splazsh (Lost, Maze, Lets Fly). Wouldnt recommend the whole album unless your a chin-stroking weird electronica fan but the stand-outs are quality.

I've had a year or so of that (mind you my ipod fucked up so I can't put anything new on it which has probably had a lot to do with it) but now I'm ready for as much new stuff as I can find. Which this year seems to be of a very high quality I'm happy to say.

I go through phases of it too. Completely overloading on new bands.

New Of Montreal album. Bit of a shit attempt at RnB-ized indie pop. Bad quality rip mind so it might sound better higher quality and in headphones.

Hooray, looking forward to this. When's it out?

talking heads -stop making sense

And a tramp with half an ear hanging off who asked for 30p on the bus i have it but he is not getting it 1-0

The Books - Thirty Incoming

From the new album The Way Out.

I like tracks with answer machine messages.

I think my favourite is Mike Strutter on the latest Fun Lovin Criminals album.

Kanye West - 808s and Heartbreak

Is it supposed to sound like shite or have I got a dodgy copy?

I bought the CD yesterday cos HMV are doing it for £3.

Seems the copy I had wasn't in the least bit dodgy.

:icon_lol:

Completely against my musical instincts this, but also my favourite song this year. They had as the backing music without the words showing you the England line up against Germany introducing each player, with the SGC in loads of little lights, worked well.

Nowt to do with the scantily clad women in the video though eh? :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

We no speak Americano :icon_lol:

Along with a bita muse.

My girlfriend loves that one, always playing it. Catchy song.

Have you seen Muse live young Kevin!? Absolutely incredible band.

I actually seen them live last Saturday :icon_lol:

They are superb live. Put on a great show for the fans.

The Books - Thirty Incoming

From the new album The Way Out.

I like tracks with answer machine messages.

I think my favourite is Mike Strutter on the latest Fun Lovin Criminals album.

Just got 7 tracks off that yesterday :icon_lol:

Liking it too.

Edited by ChezGiven