What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Feeling in an Aussie rock mood (on account of a program I watched earlier featured 'She's a Genius' by Jet).

Currently listening to (probably/possibly/ermmmm maybe) my favourite Jet track 'Cold Hard Bitch' - a live version of course.

Gone off at a complete tangent.... as one does sometimes :(

I can't call myself a proper Pink Floyd fan.... I just can't get into a lot of their stuff; however: Wish You Were Here is lovely as is Fearless.

No doubt any Pink Floyd aficionado will argue they've done umpteen better/cleverer etc tracks - but I defy anyone to tell me the two I've stated aren't fucking lovely :D

Right, I'll fuck off now.....

btw Jet to Pink Floyd via Velvet Revolver...... wtf?

Anais Mitchell - Hadestown. Only a couple of tracks in but seems very good so far. Happy Face I think this might one you would appreciate.

Couple of tracks in on Grooveshark now. Doubt Comes In Reminded me of Nick Cave's soundtrack to Jesse James....which I love.

Cheers.

6Music

Has it been saved or did I make that up in my head?

Yeah.

Well it's not doomed like the Asian Network. It's as safe as any other station in the ongoing digital experiment.

Apparently it's some sort of concept album based on the Orpheus story. My knowlege of which is limited at best but I've enjoyed it without the context.

Listening to the new Band of Horses album now which seems to be a decent choice considering the hangover I have!

Is that the same Japanese guy you posted a couple of months back?

Been meaning to check him out if it was.

Dont know about this year being poor, The National, Broken Social Scene, Erykah Badu, Janelle Monae, The Radio Dept, Ariel Pink, Broken Bells, LCD Soundsystem, Big Boi to name a few.

Dont know about this year being poor, The National, Broken Social Scene, Erykah Badu, Janelle Monae, The Radio Dept, Ariel Pink, Broken Bells, LCD Soundsystem, Big Boi to name a few.

It is that Japanese guy. Canny, but not as good as his last album.

I think that's the problem with 2010 generally. I've been looking forward to a lot of albums that (although good) I haven't got as much play out of as previous ones. A couple you mention plus Eluvium, Titus Andronicus, Beach House, Shugo, Eels, Laura Marling, FLC, Flying Lotus, Caribou, Vampire Weekend, Joanna Newsom, Hot Chip...

I can only think of Spoon that I've enjoyed as much as anything else they've done before. Maybe Gorillaz too, but I wasn't a big fan of them in the first place.

Edited by Happy Face

...and I've gone off Janelle Monae since I started following her on Twitter.

learned a Lot from Avatar & the Last Airbender movie. Life lessons. There's a message to be found & a lesson to b learned 2 help you on your personal journey

:unsure:

If you hadn't learned those lessons before seeing those films you're a bit slow on the uptake.

I think that's the problem with 2010 generally. I've been looking forward to a lot of albums that (although good) I haven't got as much play out of as previous ones. A couple you mention plus Eluvium, Titus Andronicus, Beach House, Shugo, Eels, Laura Marling, FLC, Flying Lotus, Caribou, Vampire Weekend, Joanna Newsom, Hot Chip...

I can only think of Spoon that I've enjoyed as much as anything else they've done before. Maybe Gorillaz too, but I wasn't a big fan of them in the first place.

Most of those have made albums of such high quality in the past that it's almost impossible for them to better them (although on the admittedly limited listens I've given them at this stage, I like the Beach House and Hot Chip albums more than anything they've done previously and the new Wolf Parade is certainly a lot better than their last). I think the High Violet might well be at least on par with Boxer (which is still growing on me now) but Plastic Beach is still the stand out of what I'm personally thinking is a stellar year for music. Never really got into a Gorillaz album before but I love this.

I'm just hoping that Arcade Fire manage to come up with the goods again and Radiohead bring out (what would undoubtedly be) another great album!

Most of those have made albums of such high quality in the past that it's almost impossible for them to better them (although on the admittedly limited listens I've given them at this stage, I like the Beach House and Hot Chip albums more than anything they've done previously and the new Wolf Parade is certainly a lot better than their last). I think the High Violet might well be at least on par with Boxer (which is still growing on me now) but Plastic Beach is still the stand out of what I'm personally thinking is a stellar year for music. Never really got into a Gorillaz album before but I love this.

I'm just hoping that Arcade Fire manage to come up with the goods again and Radiohead bring out (what would undoubtedly be) another great album!

I think High Violet is on a par with Boxer too. That or Ariel Pink is one of my favourites of the year so far.

Electronic music has been good this year without doubt. LCD, Bonobo, Gonjasufi, Mathew Johnson, Pantha du Prince, Chemical Brothers, Four Tet, Scuba, Rusko, Guido have all released spanking albums. The Samps EP i mentioned the other day is worth a listen too. A few producers like Tim Green arent doing albums but churn out loads of great 12s.

Didnt think the Chemicals had another good record in them. That Escape Velocity track is loads of fun.

Can I add Besnard Lakes', Adam Franklin's, Roland S Howard's and the Clientele's releases from this year to that list?

I think High Violet is on a par with Boxer too. That or Ariel Pink is one of my favourites of the year so far.

Electronic music has been good this year without doubt. LCD, Bonobo, Gonjasufi, Mathew Johnson, Pantha du Prince, Chemical Brothers, Four Tet, Scuba, Rusko, Guido have all released spanking albums. The Samps EP i mentioned the other day is worth a listen too. A few producers like Tim Green arent doing albums but churn out loads of great 12s.

Didnt think the Chemicals had another good record in them. That Escape Velocity track is loads of fun.

Only had one listen to quite a few of those elctronic albums you mention and so far Pantha Du Prince is the one that stands out although I'm certain the LCD and Four Tet albums will be brilliant again once I give them more time.

I'm going to throw my hat in for Yeasayer's Odd Blood. Absolutely fantastic 80s inspired dance pop but it was pretty much my soundtrack when on the metro at night time around February. Listening to "Madder Red" when looking at snow-covered hills just worked.

To salvage this post and some man points, I thought The Black Keys album was incredible and Paul Weller's pleasantly surprised me.