What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

new arcade fire

snore snore snore

You a fan of their previous albums Sloop?

I'm listening to this for a second time now and I think it really good actually. Much more interesting than Neon Bible which (while enjoyable) just seemed like more of Funeral but not as good. This seems like they've took their time over it and it's really paid off. It's not a major change in direction or anything like that, just an increase in quality. Not better than OK Computer like the BBC review suggests but yet another very good album for the year.

I liked The Suburbs on first listen but it could certainly use some trimming.

Not sure I agree with that. I thought one of the biggest problems with Neon Bible was it seemed a bit slight. I like this being a bit more grand.

Arcade Fire's new effort. Gets better each time I listen to it. Although inevitably everything they do will be compared to the still brilliant "Funeral".

Arcade Fire's new effort. Gets better each time I listen to it. Although inevitably everything they do will be compared to the still brilliant "Funeral".

I still haven't listened to any of it except the couple of songs that leaked a month or two ago. The reviews are gushing....

Even on a cursory listen, a water-testing foray into its 16 tracks, it’s immediately apparent that this is an album unlike either that came before it - BBC Music

For all the over-arching themes, The Suburbs is the most rocking Arcade Fire album yet - Prefix

The band certainly aims for transcendence on The Suburbs — a work of impressively fervent majesty - EW

One of the 21st century's most intelligent and satisfying bands (musically, lyrically, emotionally) have once again set out their stall, and once again produced a work of inspired resonance, capturing truth after truth, in all its muddled, human realism - Music OMH

You barely detect it at first, but something miraculous happens on Arcade Fire’s revelatory third album. The songs breathe — occasionally in long exhales, sometimes in staccato gasps - Boston Globe

Further proof that The Arcade Fire may indeed be the best band on the planet - Clash Music

I shouldn't have read them before listening. No way will it live up to the hype now.