What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

interpol - interpol. Solid like their other albums. Onto my third or fourth listen and Barricade is starting to stand out.

the national - boxer. Really rate their current release so I'm working my way through their back catalogue and Boxer doesn't disappoint.

Cheers Tom, I'll give them a whirl later. Left Lane Cruiser are great-I love the album. Fish may be able to point me in the direction of similar if he sees this.

Currently listening to a stream of shit robots new album. He's an Irish guy on the same label as Hot Chip/LCD Soundsystem and many other artists from the lable have collaborated on his new album

Here for anyone interested

Also listening to a band called Pony the Pirate, I think they're a Norweigan group. They sound a lot like Dogs Die in Hot Cars.

Edited by Barney

Knew you have good taste T-Keith :lol:

One of my all time faves who are now gone :D are the Amazing Royal Crowns (they had to change their name to the Royal Crowns after their 1st release).

They toured a bit with the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, also worth a listen and the Dropkick Murphys (who I think you know?).

The Porkers, an Aussie ska/rockabilly band. The Fireballs, again Aussie, punkabilly band; The Living End, started out as a Stray Cats cover band and grew from there.

Plus you know Jon Spencer and all his bands, don't you?

Somebody mention Jon Spencer??? :icon_lol:

Love Dropkick too. Massive Bruins fans, show up to play at fan's funerals, what's not to like about those guys? :omgwank:

Sufjan Stevens: The Age of Adz

He's not fucking around indeed. Top class. Especially the 25 minute closer where he gives you a whirlwind tour of every contemporary genre and pulls them all off. It's great how the album is just full of 5-8 minute songs and then the longest song on the album is full of 3 minute chunks. Double LP next month should be more wonderful.

I picked up Left Lane Cruiser from Fish in this thread, and Buffalo Killers from someone else. Monkeys Fist also mentioned Black Diamond Heavies, which I just started listening too and really like.

Any suggestions?

just looked these up Barney, good shout.

Somehow I cant see these doing a Kings of Leon image change :wub:

Knew you have good taste T-Keith :wub:

One of my all time faves who are now gone :icon_lol: are the Amazing Royal Crowns (they had to change their name to the Royal Crowns after their 1st release).

They toured a bit with the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, also worth a listen and the Dropkick Murphys (who I think you know?).

The Porkers, an Aussie ska/rockabilly band. The Fireballs, again Aussie, punkabilly band; The Living End, started out as a Stray Cats cover band and grew from there.

Plus you know Jon Spencer and all his bands, don't you?

Somebody mention Jon Spencer??? :icon_lol:

Love Dropkick too. Massive Bruins fans, show up to play at fan's funerals, what's not to like about those guys? :icon_lol:

As backed by the Blues Explosion

I picked up Left Lane Cruiser from Fish in this thread, and Buffalo Killers from someone else. Monkeys Fist also mentioned Black Diamond Heavies, which I just started listening too and really like.

Any suggestions?

just looked these up Barney, good shout.

Somehow I cant see these doing a Kings of Leon image change :icon_lol:

:wub:

If you can think of anything similar to that lot, then let me know.