What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

It was good. I liked Highway To Heaven too (I think that was the name) with him off Little House on the Prairie on it.

No, that was shit. :lol:

Manic Street Preachers - Send Away The Tigers

Liking it so far, sounding like they did pre Everything Must Go.

Seriously though? I might, just might give it a go if that's the case. Though I won't forgive them for the intervening decade of AOR shite just yet. :lol:

I can't listen to the Manic Street Preachers. Is it just me or does anyone else know what I mean when I say that James Dean Bradfield just tries to crowbar words into the tunes? Like they'll have a tune and he just crams as many/few words as he can in to match the melody.

I know it sounds like I'm basically just describing writing lyrics for a song, but I know what I mean. "A Design for Life" is a good example. The sentences just sound like total bollocks.

I can't listen to the Manic Street Preachers. Is it just me or does anyone else know what I mean when I say that James Dean Bradfield just tries to crowbar words into the tunes? Like they'll have a tune and he just crams as many/few words as he can in to match the melody.

I know it sounds like I'm basically just describing writing lyrics for a song, but I know what I mean. "A Design for Life" is a good example. The sentences just sound like total bollocks.

Aye, they've never been particularly bothered about matching the stresses of the syllables to the stresses of the tune, if that makes sense. It's particularly bad on "The Holy Bible" which was basically just a bunch of Mad Richie's freeform ranting and Nicky Wire's non-scanning sixth-form poetry set to music, but I was 15 when that album came out and you always forgive the flaws of the stuff that meant something to you when you were 15. :lol:

I remember when there had been some news about Richie from the Manic Street Preachers because the same night someone played Manics songs all night in my local.

Fucking depressing tbh

Manic Street Preachers - Send Away The Tigers

Liking it so far, sounding like they did pre Everything Must Go.

Seriously though? I might, just might give it a go if that's the case. Though I won't forgive them for the intervening decade of AOR shite just yet. :lol:

I'm not so sure now I've finished it. It starts off well and sounds like the older stuff but towards the end it's not the case. Might need a couple of listens. No real need for the working class hero cover at the end either.