What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

TV on the radio - Dear Science and now Desperate youth, blood thirsty babes.

Personally I can't hear what all the fuss is about.

dancing choose and halfway home are good tracks :rolleyes: asides from that i wasn't overly bothered about dear science either

Oviously we are brother in music, except for the strokes, good luck in Survivor series 1 :good:

iron & wine - our endless numbered days

I hated it at first. It just seemed like John Homme` (Dude like don't throws stuff cause I'm Ill!1. THWACK!)ruining a dream rhythm section.

It's a grower though.

I adore Josh Homme..(the sound and the man).... so I dont mind it sounding typically him, but have to say so far I'm not mad keen. I hope this doesnt mean QOTSA are finished :good:

I hated it at first. It just seemed like John Homme` (Dude like don't throws stuff cause I'm Ill!1. THWACK!)ruining a dream rhythm section.

It's a grower though.

It's Josh isn't it? Anyway, my first impressions were that I hated it too. Really disappointed as I thought a blend of DG and JPJ was really exciting. It just seems weird for the sake of it in many places. Maybe it's becuase I'm not really much of a QotSA fan, I dont know.

It's definitely leans more towards QotSA and less LZ or FF; but not as good as any of them on their own.

I'll try again, but I found myself skipping and it was an effort to get to the end frankly.

It's a grower though.

I adore Josh Homme..(the sound and the man).... so I dont mind it sounding typically him, but have to say so far I'm not mad keen. I hope this doesnt mean QOTSA are finished :good:

Didn't spot your reply before I replied to Tom's. I guess your reply shows it's not just me then. I came to the conclusion that I don't like it because of the heavy QotSA influence and I have to be in the mood for them. However, as you're a big fan of them and you don't like it either tells me my gut feeling is right and it just isn't any good :rolleyes:

Went to see this lot on Thursday night....Mark E Smith looks like hes 70 odd and recovering from stroke or something...but as usual the band he's put together sounds fuckin brilliant..

ps.....how do you embed the youtube videos on to here?...cheers, from an IT moron :good:

Tom Waits - Rain Dogs

Mint.

I'll raise a whisky to that. One of the best by one of the best. :good:

Strangely enough I went to the office license I often talk to the lad in there as we share similar tastes and he was playing the new Tom Waits live album and he advised I invest in some.

Loving it at the moment. :rolleyes:

Went to see this lot on Thursday night....Mark E Smith looks like hes 70 odd and recovering from stroke or something...but as usual the band he's put together sounds fuckin brilliant..

ps.....how do you embed the youtube videos on to here?...cheers, from an IT moron :good:

Fucking hell Mark E Smith is only 52 obviously not using the same drugs as Iggy Pop.

Mark Snarski cover Bury me deep in love.

It's a grower though.

Didn't spot your reply before I replied to Tom's. I guess your reply shows it's not just me then. I came to the conclusion that I don't like it because of the heavy QotSA influence and I have to be in the mood for them. However, as you're a big fan of them and you don't like it either tells me my gut feeling is right and it just isn't any good :rolleyes:

Well after more listens, I have to say I cant take to it. 'New Fang' is ok. Thing is though I love QOTSA, I prefer their more melodic, softer songs such as Into the hollow, Autopilot, Long slow goodbye and I never came. With TCV all I hear is noise, its so disjointed, no melodies.