What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

The most recent Arctic Monkeys album.

Utter, utter cack.

It's a shame really. The first album was mint as was the subsequent E.P, second album was gash, third album is gash.

But I suppose the original appeal of a down to earth, witty band is lost now they are just a bunch of millionaires, the music is bound to be different.

Utter, utter cack.

It's a shame really. The first album was mint as was the subsequent E.P, second album was gash, third album is gash.

But I suppose the original appeal of a down to earth, witty band is lost now they are just a bunch of millionaires, the music is bound to be different.

First album lost the edge the demos had for me.

Hmm I thought it was really well produced and that kind of helped it.

Some songs need to be produced, like a Certain Romance sounds very flat live but the proper studio version is class.

There's scrappy in the form of an early Strokes album or the first Libertines record and there's bands that can't get away with it too well and need to be influenced a bit.

Utter, utter cack.

One man's ... and all that.

The interest in the Arctic Monkeys sort of passed me by and I never got it, must be old age.

But I came across this a while ago, from the head of their record label posted on another forum in July.

... I've been heads down for a long while- new Monkeys album keeping us honest currently. It's a piece of what can only be described as "high art" to Radio One folks!?! It's a great album indeed - making us take them a different direction in the way we work - scarcity is the new buzzword. Over saturation of media is horrible - everything shoved down our gullets - with this album we have the confidence to try it a different way for a change here in the UK

Archie Bronson next year at this rate, Feelies soon, Orange Juice catalogue next year, taken over the Townes catalogue now, new Wild Beasts album is worth a listen - Dirty Projectors ( the video for Stillness is worth looking for ) and Animal Collective excite folks in the west - Flipper catalogue anyone? ... I didn't mean to make this an advert, off to be ritually humiliated by HMV. bye

Oh and something by Broken Social Scene.

Utter, utter cack.

One man's ... and all that.

The interest in the Arctic Monkeys sort of passed me by and I never got it, must be old age.

But I came across this a while ago, from the head of their record label posted on another forum in July.

... I've been heads down for a long while- new Monkeys album keeping us honest currently. It's a piece of what can only be described as "high art" to Radio One folks!?! It's a great album indeed - making us take them a different direction in the way we work - scarcity is the new buzzword. Over saturation of media is horrible - everything shoved down our gullets - with this album we have the confidence to try it a different way for a change here in the UK

Archie Bronson next year at this rate, Feelies soon, Orange Juice catalogue next year, taken over the Townes catalogue now, new Wild Beasts album is worth a listen - Dirty Projectors ( the video for Stillness is worth looking for ) and Animal Collective excite folks in the west - Flipper catalogue anyone? ... I didn't mean to make this an advert, off to be ritually humiliated by HMV. bye

Oh and something by Broken Social Scene.

Got The Feelies back catalogue recently.

Superb.

Went to see these when I was in Faro a couple of months back. Hands down the scariest gig Ive ever been to.

Held in some derelict building at the yon end of a railyard in the middle of the night. Then the police turned up and kicked everyone out before it finished in a none too friendly manner. I couldnt understand a fucking word they were saying! I had visions of Midnight Express!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

The Vandals - Hitler Bad, Vandals Good

Nice light hearted punk but if you're going to spend the money on hiring a studio and a producer at least sing in key. Sometimes when the lead is in key the harmony knocks it out of key.

Good fun though. :D