What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Inspired by the thread I listened to Hail To The Thief by Radiohead on the way in. Still brilliant.

Then I tried listening to the new Chili Peppers album again, but once again got bored by track 3 and couldn't listen to anymore. Is any of it any good? They seem to have found a sound they like and want to stick to it. It's just very dull now.

Moved on to School Of The Flower by Six Organs of Admittance now, which despite some atrocious free form jazz drumming that pollutes my ears has some of the most luscious chilled out acoustic guitar.

Then I tried listening to the new Chili Peppers album again, but once again got bored by track 3 and couldn't listen to anymore.  Is any of it any good?  They seem to have found a sound they like and want to stick to it.  It's just very dull now.

139288[/snapback]

I concur. They're selling more records then they ever have done in their career yet it's arguably the most boring music they've played.

Devandra Banhart - Cripple Cow.

139341[/snapback]

"Well I feel Just like a child,

Yeah I feel Just Like a child,

Well I feel Just like a child,

Well I feel Just like a child,

From my Womb to my tomb

I guess I'll always be a child.

Well some people try and treat me like a man,

Yeah some people try and treat me like a man,

well I guess they just don't understand,

Yeah some people try and treat me like a man,

They think I know shit,

but that's just it

I'm a child"

;)

"I see so many, little boys I want to marry,

I've seen plenty, little kids I've yet to have"

:icon_lol:

Edited by Happy Face

Pearl Jam - Worldwide Suicide

139347[/snapback]

Got their new album then? :icon_lol: I think it's class meself!

Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter

139355[/snapback]

Yeah but not listened to much of it yet.

Listened to Jolie Hollands new album which wasn't really to my taste.

Then had another listen to Goin Against Your Mind by Built to Spill which is a track I basically put on between every album I listen to because it's the best song i've ever heard and I can't get enough of it at the minute.

Currently listening to the new Gomez album and jolly good it is too. How We Operate (the title track) and Hamoa Beach stand out straight away. They're on at the acadamy soon I seem to rememember. I wasn't going to bother because I saw them after their first album came out, and though they were good, they haven't done owt great since so didn't see the point. Might purchase tickets if it continues to hold my interest.