Knee jerk alert: Roeder out

Jimbo

Before you chuck him out, who are you going to get in?

Lee Carsley, he may have zero footballing ability but at least he gets stuck in :lol:

So, what else is Emre offering at the moment than getting stuck in?

Emre is doing his job the best he can with the team he's in, he's winning balls and spreading them about the pitch, his biggest problem is that we seem to have zero movement in the side, as I've said to you before if you put him in Arsenal's starting 11 he'd be one of the best midfielders in the league.

Our team play awful football which is the reason we doesn't shine as often as he should, could you imagine Carrick in our midfield with the long ball style we play?

Perhaps he is the weak link in our midfield, however I'd prefer to change our style of football to fit a player of his ability rather than get rid and play another midfielder who's more comfortable with long ball football.

I agree to a certain extent. Although I think that Emre only has to blame himself for all the misplaced passes, set pieces and balls he is losing in the opposition half.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When we went 2-1 down, one would expect the manager to show some movement from the sideline. Try to lift the boys, change things around a bit and push them for a fightback. But Roeder just stood there looking like an idiot and made the same changes he does everytime, after it was too late by the way.

What worries me nearly as much as our comical defence is the team's lack of fighting spirit and belief, and only the manager is to be blamed for that. We just faded away today after they went up, like we always do.

Alright, Emre critics:

What has Duff done?

What has N'Zogbia done?

What has Solano done?

What has Milner done?

What has Martins done?

What has Bramble done?

What has Taylor done?

What has Moore done?

What has Ramage done?

What has Babayaro done?

What has Ameobi done?

I can go on if you like. The entire team is rotten because of the piss-poor foundations at the back. Emre does more than anyone else in the side, Parker possibly excluded.

Well, I don't expect a donkey to win the the grand national. So much for listing the likes of Bramble et al.

I expect a player playing close to his ability and his strength. And Emre is not doing this. Duff has not really done this as well, I agree. Although he looked alright today until he got moved to the right wing. N'Zogbia is at least taking on players and has shown his huge talent a couple of times this season again. I would play him ahead of Emre tbh.

And don't get me started on Martins...

Racist.

Emre's attitude is questionable to say the least. I have a feeling he'll be the type to check the thermometer before declaring himself fit for games when the winter kicks in.

Chased down and won more than anyone else today. I can understand criticism of his low conversion of final balls, but for me his workrate has never been in doubt.

And don't get me started on Martins...

Not looking good is it? Ten. Fucking. MILLION. Pounds.

Maybe my rational and way of looking at things is a bit different to others.

Forget the lack of service, forget the long-ball game, forget the short-passing game, and look at what Martins does when he has sole pocession of the ball and the opportunity to stamp HIS mark on the game.

I'm afraid he is not impressing me with his indvidual skills at taking on defenders, holding up the ball, looking dangerous when in pocession, and trying to get the shot in, which is what we want to see from our No.9's.

Ten fucking Million pounds might not be money well spent!

I'm not one for kneejerk reactions but I think Roeder is going to have to go sooner or later. And I'm gutted to say that as in many ways another change of manager is the last thing the club needs.

On the bright side, I'm still delighted we got Duff instead of concentrating on getting some decent defenders in :lol:

I'm not one for kneejerk reactions but I think Roeder is going to have to go sooner or later. And I'm gutted to say that as in many ways another change of manager is the last thing the club needs.

On the bright side, I'm still delighted we got Duff instead of concentrating on getting some decent defenders in :lol:

The annoying thing is he was doing fantastic at the academy and building a good platform there. He should have been left to do thatand got a good amnagaer in.

The annoying thing is he was doing fantastic at the academy and building a good platform there. He should have been left to do thatand got a good amnagaer in.

I expect to see him back there soon enough <_<

I expect to see him back there soon enough <_<

But he wont go back. If we sack him he will just bugger off altogether. And quite obviously I completely screwed up the typing of the word manager there.

If anyone is surprised that Roeder is turning out to be a shit manager they want to give their heads a shake. It's amazing how many people completely ignored his previous managerial CV because he did a good job as caretaker.

There's a small chance he will get us relegated this season I think, if this looks any more likely then a change will be necessary sooner rather than later. How about making a cheeky bid for Paul Le Guen?

If anyone is surprised that Roeder is turning out to be a shit manager they want to give their heads a shake. It's amazing how many people completely ignored his previous managerial CV because he did a good job as caretaker.

There's a small chance he will get us relegated this season I think, if this looks any more likely then a change will be necessary sooner rather than later. How about making a cheeky bid for Paul Le Guen?

His CV was irrelevent though as he'd gotten us to 7th :lol:

'Funny' how us and England have lost out to Villa by not getting O'Neill it would seem.

Fuck right off he is making a complete arse of managing rangers. Never seen someone have so many favourites detremental to the team performance. Every one up here is comparing him to Souness.

No matter how much I keep thinking that sacking him now might be detrimental i firmly think he has to go.

All season I think we've been poor but yesterday took the piss. I thought the way the team played under souness was shite but the football we are playing now is nothing short of embarrasing.

I think man for man we have a quality squad, one or two defence frailties, but these could be overlooked if we could create the occasional chance as well. I'm sure a decent manager could get us out of the shit. I'm convinced Roeder will take us down, five defeats out of eight tells its own story.

Catholic boy and confirmed proddie-hater Renton just wants to get one over on Rangers tbh.

It'll take more than that to pay them back for Boumsong like.

Fuck right off he is making a complete arse of managing rangers. Never seen someone have so many favourites detremental to the team performance. Every one up here is comparing him to Souness.

It's because he is doing shit with Rangers (very early days yet like) I think we might be able to poach him, obviously I was hoping it would be possible for him to show his pedigree he had with Lyon. Just a suggestion like, really there's very few options now. Personally I can see no comparison with Souness and I think he'd do better than Roeder though.

Perhaps we can prise O'Neill away from his 5 year deal at Villa? :lol:

It's because he is doing shit with Rangers (very early days yet like) I think we might be able to poach him, obviously I was hoping it would be possible for him to show his pedigree he had with Lyon. Just a suggestion like, really there's very few options now. Personally I can see no comparison with Souness and I think he'd do better than Roeder though.

Dropping Kris Boyd top scorer last season. Dropping Goalkeeper who had won player of the month. Both so he could play people because he picked them. I wouldn't go near with a barge pole. Had enough of that crap.

Dropping Kris Boyd top scorer last season. Dropping Goalkeeper who had won player of the month. Both so he could play people because he picked them. I wouldn't go near with a barge pole. Had enough of that crap.

Tbf you will know a lot more about the SPL than me, but did you know Le Guen only won 3 of his first 10 matches at Lyon? <_<

ottmar hitzfeld TBH.

some ruthless german efficiency would do us no harm. we won't in the next 3 years get into the top 4 unless we scrap the majority of this team and buildfrom the defence forwards. we have ( if he comes back from the nasty injury) 1 world class player in owen, and several (like duff parker and emre) that are good enough to keep us in the top half of the table.

oh and forget about the attacking flair side of things, i'd rather us play badly for 80 minutes and nick a 1-0 or a 2-1 any day.