Martins

Dr Gloom

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's really starting to look the part now. I'm just dead pleased that we've got someone in who looks like he is (and will continue to be) a regular scorer in the Premiership. Assuming a partnership with Owen would work, there's tons of goals between those two.

Cant see why Oba cant go on and get another 5 goals in the prem without problem.

Once we sort out the defence, and get all of our players back, i think we've got the makings of a good team once again

All is rosy in the Roeder camp ;) Great what a good result does

He's really starting to look the part now. I'm just dead pleased that we've got someone in who looks like he is (and will continue to be) a regular scorer in the Premiership. Assuming a partnership with Owen would work, there's tons of goals between those two.

Agree. Well done Roeder ;):razz:

For tomorrow...

£5 Martins to score a hatrick @ 25/1

£10 Martins to score 2 or more @ 6/1

It's with Paddy Power if anyone fancies a flutter. :gettin:

Not one for it myself, but i think he's a good shot for 2 goals!

Someone actually mentioned to me that we should play 3-5-2 and you were my first thought mate. :D

For tomorrow...

It's with Paddy Power if anyone fancies a flutter. :D

I thought I'd bet 2 goals or more just to be on the safe side after last time, me and my old man had £20 each on him to get a hatrick against Levadia Tallinn only for Roeder to take him off after he scored 2 with 20 minutes still to go! :D

I'd be gutted if that happened again. :gettin:

For tomorrow...

Someone actually mentioned to me that we should play 3-5-2 and you were my first thought mate. :D

:gettin:

I get that alot!

For tomorrow...

:D

I get that alot!

I remember doing the gesture on Saturday like. :gettin:

For tomorrow...

It's with Paddy Power if anyone fancies a flutter. B)

:D

I get that alot!

I remember doing the gesture on Saturday like. :gettin:

Like a Satanic Ted Rodgers, doing 3-5-2 instead of 3-2-1perhaps? :D

he reminds me of yakubu.

on his day he's awesome. great shot, pace etc. but he's a bit hit, miss or maybe. you can't argue with his workrate but he ran around a lot last night to little effect.

he still needs to hold the ball up better and play the easy pass more often.

he reminds me of yakubu.

on his day he's awesome. great shot, pace etc. but he's a bit hit, miss or maybe. you can't argue with his workrate but he ran around a lot last night to little effect.

Do you ever post comments about him when he's had a good game?

It seems you can't wait to criticise the lad and pick holes in his game.

he reminds me of yakubu.

People need to get past the idea that anything other than gushing praise amounts to slagging someone off. He does say that "on his day he's awesome", but the other stuff he says is also a reasonable assessment.

he reminds me of yakubu.

Was to be expected after putting up the odds of him scoring a hattrick, wasn't it...

(NB: I am pleasantly surprised so far, although thinking there is still a lot of room for improvement - something I wouldn't say about a player with the necessary talent by the way)

he reminds me of yakubu.

yes. i think that on his day he can be a great player, but he's frustrating to watch and there are areas of his game where he has lots of room for improvement.

is he worth £10m? i'm not sure. you'd have to say yes when you compare him to luque and there are signs that he can be a quality player for us but i think he's going to follow in the line of newcastle forwards like ginola, robert and bellamy that can be brilliant one week, then disappointing the next.

Guest Patrokles

he reminds me of yakubu.

yes. i think that on his day he can be a great player, but he's frustrating to watch and there are areas of his game where he has lots of room for improvement.

is he worth £10m? i'm not sure. you'd have to say yes when you compare him to luque and there are signs that he can be a quality player for us but i think he's going to follow in the line of newcastle forwards like ginola, robert and bellamy that can be brilliant one week, then disappointing the next.

Don't agree with that at all. Ginola and Robert only blew hot and cold because of their poor attitudes. Bellamy wasn't anything like brilliant/rubbish. He always gave his best and very often made a difference. You always knew he would be a threat. Martins is more in the Bellamy camp but is currently inconsistent because he's young and adapting to a new league. Comparisons with Ginola and Robert are bewildering.

he reminds me of yakubu.

Don't agree with that at all. Ginola and Robert only blew hot and cold because of their poor attitudes. Bellamy wasn't anything like brilliant/rubbish. He always gave his best and very often made a difference. You always knew he would be a threat. Martins is more in the Bellamy camp but is currently inconsistent because he's young and adapting to a new league. Comparisons with Ginola and Robert are bewildering.

not saying it's a lack of effort on martins part - you can't fault his workrate - but, like robert and bellamy, he can destroy a team one match then frustrate the next. good player on his day but frustrating. a £10m player should do it every week, or more often than not.

so far, i'd give martins a 6 or a 7 out of ten, which is pretty good when you consdier his alleged age, the fact that it's his first season at a new club and country and some of the shite service he's had to deal with this season.

Edited by Fancy Dan lecturer

Bellamy was one of those players who was worth playing even when he wasn't playing well because of his attitude / workrate.

Copycat. :D

I was ageeing with you :D