Beckham £5Million

@yourservice

The deal would pay for itself tbh. Doubt it'll happen but I would love to see him here.

I wouldn't. I'd rather spend the £5m or whatever on defenders. Trust Shepherd to at least try to get Beckham though - trophysigningtastic.

I wouldn't want him here at the expense of signing defenders, but that wouldn't have to be the case imo.

You'd need to sell 40,000 extra replica shirts every month of his contract just to cover his salary - it's not going to happen.

That would mean he was on £400,000 a week. (10,000 shirts a week @ £40 each = £400,000).

I dont think we make £40 profit on each jersey sold. If we did then Fred is a business genius. And he's not. Though they are made out of shit material according to the Gerald Ratner of football himself, so perhaps the profit margin is near to the 100% mark after all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The deal would pay for itself tbh. Doubt it'll happen but I would love to see him here.

I wouldn't. I'd rather spend the £5m or whatever on defenders. Trust Shepherd to at least try to get Beckham though - trophysigningtastic.

I wouldn't want him here at the expense of signing defenders, but that wouldn't have to be the case imo.

We'd never sign a winger in lieu of defenders...... :(

I don't know why everyone goes on about us needing defenders though (which we do) when the stats show we need goal scorers even more. Assuming cash is limited (which I am sure it is), buying Beckham would be madness. How is he going to pay for himself btw? You'd need to sell 40,000 extra replica shirts every month of his contract just to cover his salary - it's not going to happen.

There'd be more to having Beckham here than just increased shirt sales. Would raise our profile world wide. He's arguably the most famous person let alone footballer in parts of the Far East (including Japan) and even some of the septics know who he is. I'm not quite sure who would head his crosses in though.

I like Becks, good player, grafter, good at set pieces etc and would like him here however doubt very much he'll end up here and i woulden't be absolutely gutted if he didn't. He would be a luxuary player that we are not desperate for.

Top signings for me would be Luke young from charlton, a top center back and then a 'big man' striker too if Shola's off for his op ( why the F*** he didn't have it in the summer??) .

Edited by TOPTOON

You'd need to sell 40,000 extra replica shirts every month of his contract just to cover his salary - it's not going to happen.

That would mean he was on £400,000 a week. (10,000 shirts a week @ £40 each = £400,000).

I dont think we make £40 profit on each jersey sold. If we did then Fred is a business genius. And he's not. Though they are made out of shit material according to the Gerald Ratner of football himself, so perhaps the profit margin is near to the 100% mark after all.

I was estimating a pure profit of £10 a shirt after materials, labour, distribution and middle men have been taken into account. Even if it is double this, we still will be short on the number needed to sell by a magnitude or so. Personally, I doubt many extra shirts would be bought, I reckon the ones that were bought would already have been but just have Beckham put on the back rather than Owen.

Beckham would raise our profile but in the present circumstances I'd rather lie low! Of course, we'd lower his which is why it probably won't happen, plus I can hardly see Posh shopping in the Metro centre. It's a non-starter.

I was estimating a pure profit of £10 a shirt after materials, labour, distribution and middle men have been taken into account. Even if it is double this, we still will be short on the number needed to sell by a magnitude or so. Personally, I doubt many extra shirts would be bought, I reckon the ones that were bought would already have been but just have Beckham put on the back rather than Owen.

Beckham would raise our profile but in the present circumstances I'd rather lie low! Of course, we'd lower his which is why it probably won't happen, plus I can hardly see Posh shopping in the Metro centre. It's a non-starter.

I was agreeing with you, you fucking bent quack!

Agreeing with him has never stopped Renton from having an argument :(

I know you were you stupid manc bastid! It was for O Nut's and Alex's benefit.

I know you were you stupid manc bastid! It was for O Nut's and Alex's benefit.

Alex's interest in this issue is driven solely by his forthcoming hair transplant surgery operation (for which we wish him well) and his triumphant return to the barbers after a 20 year hiatus. Beckham is his inspiration (he's hoping he'll visit him in hospital if he signs for the toon). Last visit to the hairdressers his inspiration was Terry Mac.

Wouldn't say no to a winger who could cross. We need some of those.

N'Zogbia was a fantastic crosser of the ball last season, God knows what's happened to him this year. Is it just that he's young, that Roeder's fucked up, or that he's on his way and his heart's not really in it any more?

Does anyone know if he's signed the contract? Don't answer unless you're 100% sure and you understand what that means! :(

They'd be shouting it from the rooftops if he had.

You know, any good news will be multiplied at the minute.

That's true like, doesn't look good on that front.

Like whats already been said, Becks would raise our worldwide profile meaning shirt sales in the far east. Still an excellent player but i doubt he would come in our current plight and we do need other areas strengthening first

Guest Patrokles

Wouldn't say no to a winger who could cross. We need some of those.

N'Zogbia was a fantastic crosser of the ball last season, God knows what's happened to him this year. Is it just that he's young, that Roeder's fucked up, or that he's on his way and his heart's not really in it any more?

Yeah, agree with you entirely about last season. I don't think it's Roeder or Charlie's fault, because he's still doing the decent approach work. Same could be said of Milner; last season, apparently, he had hugely impressive assist stats. Just, for some reason this season, neither of them (nor Duff, to be fair, nor Solano), have been able to cross the ball.