True Faith today

geordieshandy

There is no place for bottle-merchants at Newcastle United from now until May.

Its going to be shit, we're scrapping for every point and the football will not be what we think it should be from a Newcastle United side. The ascetics of our performances have to be forgotten about. We just have to fight for our just and righteous cause! We have to play our part by getting behind the players in every game we play. But at the same time we can agitate for those men who have brought us to this position to fuck off out of Newcastle United.

They have let us down badly and they have no right to continue to have the responsibilty for the stewardship of our club, regardless of what it says on their share-owning, because frankly, if supporters walk away from Newcastle United, there is no club.

Too right. Everyone needs to wake up and realise we are not too good to go down and we are already in a relegation fight. Trouble is I fear the majority of our players and managers are bottlers.

all this talk of planning. leazesmag will be seething.

on the contrary - dumb shite - what exactly do you think the true faith writers have that I don't that would make me in awe of their "opinion"..... did you see this bit in bold

No-one can hide. Everyone needs to stand up to be counted. Shepherd can start the ball rolling by sorting the players we need to keep this club afloat when the transfer window opens in January (what he should have done in the summer), the players need to give fucking everything on the park and some of them need to start acting like proper athletes outside the game as well if rumours we have had passed to us are correct. Glenn Roeder is facing his sternest examination of his career as a manager. He will know if he gets this wrong he'll never manage at this level again

absolutely typical to blame the chairman for interfering with the playing side of things, then endorse it :lol::icon_lol::blush: and of course only fuckwits like you are too stupid to spot it ...

It gets better, somehow I knew some people wouldn't see that .... and yes you were one.

Edited by LeazesMag

on the contrary - dumb shite - what exactly do you think the true faith writers have that I don't that would make me in awe of their "opinion"..... did you see this bit in bold

No-one can hide. Everyone needs to stand up to be counted. Shepherd can start the ball rolling by sorting the players we need to keep this club afloat when the transfer window opens in January (what he should have done in the summer), the players need to give fucking everything on the park and some of them need to start acting like proper athletes outside the game as well if rumours we have had passed to us are correct. Glenn Roeder is facing his sternest examination of his career as a manager. He will know if he gets this wrong he'll never manage at this level again

absolutely typical to blame the chairman for interfering with the playing side of things, then endorse it :lol::icon_lol::blush: and of course only fuckwits like you are too stupid to spot it ...

It gets better, somehow I knew some people wouldn't see that .... and yes you were one.

Roeder said himself that he handed Fred a list of players which he wanted to buy. Isn't that being involved already?

Roeder said himself that he handed Fred a list of players which he wanted to buy. Isn't that being involved already?

oh dear. That is, sadly, not what the article is saying, nor what those on here who have said similar to.

Don't say that you can't see it either...or just refuse to :nufc:

This seems as good a place as any to stick this without starting a new thread:

Got forwarded an email today that a bloke I know had sent to Alan Oliver. Basically he sent him a copy of Henry Winter's article, a copy of Bobby Robson's extracts from his autobiography, and then went on to question Oliver's role as a local press man. The basic gist was that we should be seeing more of the sort of stuff that Winter has written coming from Oliver. Anyway, it was all pretty polite stuff, basically explaining that most of the fans can see through Shepherd these days and that it's about time Oliver started reporting things a bit more honestly instead of wittering on about the new changing rooms.

Within an hour he had a reply from Oliver, which I've also read. It basically said that he has discussed it with his editor, and his role is not to try and dislodge the chairman from the club. He reckons that 9 of the current first team won't talk to him because he's criticised their performances, and that there is only so much someone in his position can say without losing any and all access to the club.

He said something about how Shepherd isn't happy with him since he suggested that he should have made money available to Roeder in the transfer window, in a piece he wrote on September 2nd. In addressing the Robson extracts, he didn't say much - it was something along the lines of "Robson says in his book that I know more about what's going on at the club than he did. Long may it continue - surely that is the sign of a good reporter." Personally I would suggest it's a sign that he's in Shepherd's back pocket, but there you go.

Anyway, it was quite an interesting read. I don't really want to post the whole thing up on here cos it's not mine to post, but there you go. I've covered most of what was said anyway.

Although he did start the email by saying thanks for not getting abusive like most of the emails I get, then commented that the Hitzfeld lot attached a picture of a penis to his head and sent it on to him. :lol:

Just re-read the email there and he actually says he hasn't done a piece with Shepherd since that September 2nd article cos Shepherd is pissed off with him. He also says, if you want the Chairman out, basically make your feelings known at the match. Chant for him out.

Fair enough LM but whats your view on the article itself?

Its easy enough to pick up on what people here are saying but do you disagree with the actual article?

some bits are OK. I don't consider True Faith writers to be any different to anyone else with an opinion, such as me and no better or informed about the club either, and that particular comment made me laugh. Because things like THAT, make a hole in whatever good points they make and their credibility straightaway. It stands out like a sore thumb, and suggests to me they don't really understand what they are saying.

Got forwarded an email today that a bloke I know had sent to Alan Oliver. Basically he sent him a copy of Henry Winter's article, a copy of Bobby Robson's extracts from his autobiography, and then went on to question Oliver's role as a local press man. The basic gist was that we should be seeing more of the sort of stuff that Winter has written coming from Oliver. Anyway, it was all pretty polite stuff, basically explaining that most of the fans can see through Shepherd these days and that it's about time Oliver started reporting things a bit more honestly instead of wittering on about the new changing rooms.

Within an hour he had a reply from Oliver, which I've also read. It basically said that he has discussed it with his editor, and his role is not to try and dislodge the chairman from the club. He reckons that 9 of the current first team won't talk to him because he's criticised their performances, and that there is only so much someone in his position can say without losing any and all access to the club.

He said something about how Shepherd isn't happy with him since he suggested that he should have made money available to Roeder in the transfer window, in a piece he wrote on September 2nd. In addressing the Robson extracts, he didn't say much - it was something along the lines of "Robson says in his book that I know more about what's going on at the club than he did. Long may it continue - surely that is the sign of a good reporter." Personally I would suggest it's a sign that he's in Shepherd's back pocket, but there you go.

Anyway, it was quite an interesting read. I don't really want to post the whole thing up on here cos it's not mine to post, but there you go. I've covered most of what was said anyway.

Although he did start the email by saying thanks for not getting abusive like most of the emails I get, then commented that the Hitzfeld lot attached a picture of a penis to his head and sent it on to him. :lol:

Very interesting.

Just re-read the email there and he actually says he hasn't done a piece with Shepherd since that September 2nd article cos Shepherd is pissed off with him. He also says, if you want the Chairman out, basically make your feelings known at the match. Chant for him out.

I've got no gripe with that, I have always agreed these people have to take the flak along with the pats on the back when things go well, and the board did appoint Souness and so have to take the blame.

The difference between me and you and some others, is although I'm bothered about the clubs current position I'm not making things up as I go :lol: to the point I can't recognise their good points or think anyone else would be better, although that is because I have seen what a shit board can really do.

Maybe now you will believe I'm not he - I'm much younger looking than Oliver :icon_lol:

Very interesting.

Ditto.

Its easy enough to pick up on what people here are saying but do you disagree with the actual article?

some bits are OK. I don't consider True Faith writers to be any different to anyone else with an opinion, such as me and no better or informed about the club either, and that particular comment made me laugh. Because things like THAT, make a hole in whatever good points they make and their credibility straightaway. It stands out like a sore thumb, and suggests to me they don't really understand what they are saying.

It suggests to me that they didn't think that particular bit out in full and that they want some sort of leadership to get us out the mess we find ourselves in, which is not forthcoming from Shepherd's appointed manager, Roeder. You picked one point out of a lengthy article, am I to assume you agree with the rest? Do you agree that we are in a relegation fight? Do you agree that the consequences of relegation could destroy the club, given that we are already running at a massive loss and have an enormous debt? And who do you think ultimately carries responsibility for a failing club? The chairman? The board? Or no one?

Don't bore me with your fifth best crap btw, I'm talking about the here and now, the present reality of the club's situation, not 5, 10, or 25 years ago.

Guest Patrokles

It suggests to me that they didn't think that particular bit out in full and that they want some sort of leadership to get us out the mess we find ourselves in, which is not forthcoming from Shepherd's appointed manager, Roeder. You picked one point out of a lengthy article, am I to assume you agree with the rest? Do you agree that we are in a relegation fight? Do you agree that the consequences of relegation could destroy the club, given that we are already running at a massive loss and have an enormous debt? And who do you think ultimately carries responsibility for a failing club? The chairman? The board? Or no one?

Don't bore me with your fifth best crap btw, I'm talking about the here and now, the present reality of the club's situation, not 5, 10, or 25 years ago.

Fans, tbh. :lol:

of couse I think relegation would be disastrous. But I can't agree that a board who backs their managers professional judgement is a shit board, believe me far worse is a board that doesn't, at least you know when you appoint a good manager he will get backing. The only people who slate the board for backing "trophy" players obviously have no idea what it is like when you sell "trophy players" and replace them with has beens instead. Its a ludicrous statement.

Buying Owen could indeed be seen as an attempt to stave off a relegation fight after realising that losing Bellamy and Shearers future retirement was leaving a big gap. So what would you prefer ? Buying Owen and attempting to stay in the premiership or just accept the situation ? But I would say the money spent on Luque and Boumsong was a waste of money rather than the money spent on Owen ? So much for "trophy players" :lol: who would rather we had kept Luque and Boumsong rather than the "trophy player"

You can't ignore the past, it is relevant to not repeating errors that were made in the past, and having a board with that mentality is something we don't want ever again and could easily happen. The simple fact is that under this board the club has came a long way and gave us more than any other since the 1950's over a consistent period. Like managers though, they have their day and then their time is up, and if it is indeed up then fair comment but they should go down for having gave us a far higher profile, a couple of Cup Finals, regular european football, England and other top internationals, a spanking state of the arts stadium and training complex. Hopefully they will leave a good club for someone to take it further forward, but THAT is the rub. You have yourself seen from us replacing managers, and if you look at other clubs too who have replaced boards etc, it just doesn't work like that.

As for True Faith, sorry Renton, it suggests to me they don't understand what they are saying, they have been complaining for ages that he meddles, now they say he should ! They are just as confused as the chairman and board they slate for it .......

Edited by LeazesMag

Oliver also said that no local press man in the country could write a piece like Winter did and expect to be allowed to continue in his job. He would be banned from the ground and from having any access to the club and would basically be rendered incapable of doing his job. To be fair to him, he's probably right.