luque signs

newsource

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If he signs, then Souness won't be the knobhead you make him out to be.

18149[/snapback]

Souness could sign the Brazilian national team and we'd still struggle with HIM at the helm - doesnt stop stop him being a knob.

If he turns out to be the new Viana, will there still be people screaming at Shepherd to give Souness more money

18133[/snapback]

if the other Board was up they'd be screaming it was all a terrible error and we should spend the money on Crouch! On Anelka!! On Bellamy!!! On Owen!.... hang on????

Board collapses again

its on .com

18234[/snapback]

Luque agreement?

From the Deportivo website, Thursday:

"Luque al Newcastle por 14 millones de euros."

Confirmation of this being sought. :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::(

18269[/snapback]

It has now been REMOVED from .com.

A false start maybe!

Luque here could I be the first to say:

I SHOULD BE SO LUQUE, LUQUE LUQUE LUQUE, I SHOULD BE SO LUQUE

I'm Owen a trophy for that.

Ithankyou  :D

18231[/snapback]

:D

18149[/snapback]

Souness could sign the Brazilian national team and we'd still struggle with HIM at the helm - doesnt stop stop him being a knob.

18168[/snapback]

Correct!

If Souness had the 1970's Brazil team i'd expect him to just miss out on the top 6...of the championship!

18149[/snapback]

18168[/snapback]

Correct!

If Souness had the 1970's Brazil team i'd expect him to just miss out on the top 6...of the championship!

18387[/snapback]

Aye, they are all either dead or retired though :D

more info from .com

Latest from Deportivo, via the La Voz de Galicia newspaper, Thursday:

Albert Luque, forward of Deportivo is getting closer to signing for Newcastle, after he withdrew himself from training before the rest of his team-mates this morning.

Sources at the club recognised that these actions indicate that talks between the clubs are headed down the right path, even though at this moment the deal hasn't been completed for the Spanish international.

Even though it looks like the negotiations between the clubs were over, especially after Newcastle showed their interest for Michael Owen, The Magpies, whom Depor played in the semi-finals of the Intertoto Cup, reignited their interest over the past few hours.

Whether that means we've upped our bid is uncertain - or that we hope to exploit the fact that the Spanish side failed to qualify for the UEFA Cup, losing a potential revenue stream in the process.

Perhaps crucially, the departure of Viana on loan to Valencia would make any new bid a purely cash-based one - unless they'd like Faye.....

If he turns out to be the new Viana, will there still be people screaming at Shepherd to give Souness more money

18133[/snapback]

SBR signed Viana, but I guess it was Souness's fault. He should have known he was gonna be the next manager and advise Bobby he (Viana) was completely unsuited to the Premiership.

In fact, looking back, how didnt SBR recognise this, it seems pretty apparent that with no pace and requiring an hour on the ball to make a pass he was never going to make it in the PL.

18133[/snapback]

SBR signed Viana, but I guess it was Souness's fault. He should have known he was gonna be the next manager and advise Bobby he (Viana) was completely unsuited to the Premiership.

In fact, looking back, how didnt SBR recognise this, it seems pretty apparent that with no pace and requiring an hour on the ball to make a pass he was never going to make it in the PL.

18460[/snapback]

emm i think he realises that souness didnt buy Viana, he's talking about Luque being the 'new viana'. see the subtle difference there?

18133[/snapback]

18460[/snapback]

emm i think he realises that souness didnt buy Viana, he's talking about Luque being the 'new viana'. see the subtle difference there?

18487[/snapback]

Well if Luque is a floppy haired Portuguese central midfielder, who's slower than Lee Clark and couldn't tackle a dinner then I'm not sure we need him..

Has Luque been former European Young Player of the year as well, cos that would be just weird... :D