***The Official Ashes 2006/07 Thread***

Tooj

Incredible insight from the Beeb:

'The net result was that England were 123-9, leading by just 21, with nearly two hours to go until lunch on the fourth day - a whitewash is certain.'

No shit? :lol:

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. We lose in SPECTACULAR fashion. I may well have to deny any association with all the Aussies that I know as the gloating is going to be simply too much to bear :lol:

More top honest opinion from Boycott this morning, summed the whole series up nicely. Also reckons he and Botham should be brought in as advisors but that the ECB are too scared to do it as they're not afraid to tell the truth. You've got to love him, he's arrogant, but he's usually (imo anyway) right. :yes

More top honest opinion from Boycott this morning, summed the whole series up nicely. Also reckons he and Botham should be brought in as advisors but that the ECB are too scared to do it as they're not afraid to tell the truth. You've got to love him, he's arrogant, but he's usually (imo anyway) right. :yes

Aye, he expressed a lot of fears (selection, lack of preparation, etc.) that have turned out to be the case before the series even started.

So is this over then?

Can't say I'm too disappointed to see England get hammered, I don't give a fuck about cricket but glad I don't have to face all the wall to wall shite in the media about it despite the fact that few people outside of England care.

So is this over then?

Can't say I'm too disappointed to see England get hammered, I don't give a fuck about cricket but glad I don't have to face all the wall to wall shite in the media about it despite the fact that few people outside of England care.

Just one of the perils of being ruled by a foreign power I'm afraid. :yes

I find the whole business with Harmison and his home-sickness pathetic tbh. You're a grown man ffs, stop behaving like a kid on a school trip.

Nasser Hussein ripped into him last night on Sky about that. Spot on too.

Edited by nufc4ever

Would love to get over for the 09 series.

I didnt think it would be a whitewash at the start of the series but it has been the biggest whitewash of all. I think the Adelaide test killed it for England, heads would of slumped big time over that result.

The English fans that follow this rabble around and pay big bucks have gotten nothing out of this. I feel for them as i would at least liked to have seen an English win. Although the England Legends side beat the Australian Legends side at least.

Hopefully this side can go on and beat our record of 16 (i think) test victories in a row as we are now on 12. Happy times for all and for all a good night.

Love Australia. :yes

are the Australian celebrations not neutered slightly by the blatant disregard for this "sport" displayed by the majority of English folk?

serious question, I really don't think the majority of English people care about cricket anymore. Yet every time we play the Aussies they whoop and hooler like they've got a major scalp or something...

it'd be like Bolton fielding a bunch of kids and reservists in the league cup against Tottenham... then Tottenham fans celebrating their inevitable victory as if they'd just won the league...

this is definitely not the whining of a bitter pom, I couldn't give a crap about cricket, it's an interminably dull game with little to get excited about.

If Australia were celebrating a 5-0 defeat of England in the World cup Finals I'd be bitter and twisted, but with cricket I'm simply curious as to why they get so freaking excitable when it's clear the opposition nation couldn't give a shit...

are the Australian celebrations not neutered slightly by the blatant disregard for this "sport" displayed by the majority of English folk?

serious question, I really don't think the majority of English people care about cricket anymore. Yet every time we play the Aussies they whoop and hooler like they've got a major scalp or something...

it'd be like Bolton fielding a bunch of kids and reservists in the league cup against Tottenham... then Tottenham fans celebrating their inevitable victory as if they'd just won the league...

this is definitely not the whining of a bitter pom, I couldn't give a crap about cricket, it's an interminably dull game with little to get excited about.

If Australia were celebrating a 5-0 defeat of England in the World cup Finals I'd be bitter and twisted, but with cricket I'm simply curious as to why they get so freaking excitable when it's clear the opposition nation couldn't give a shit...

Tbf that's exactly what you poms did 18 months ago.

I think it's a matter of winning back the Ashes and righting the wrongs of 2005. And going about it in an emphatic way.

By the way, there were far too many mackem shirts in the various crowds for my liking.

but surely Cricket is still a major sport in Australia... which was my point.

Aussies don't seem to notice that the English (in general)don't take cricket as seriously as they do football, or even rugby.

Fish, were you asleep for the Ashes series last year? A lot of people care about cricket, as shown by the attendances and passion for it last year. The Australians were far better this year, but claiming we don't care just because we got hammered doesn't seem to stand up really. No-one was pointing out the relative popularity of cricket last year.

Fish, were you asleep for the Ashes series last year? A lot of people care about cricket, as shown by the attendances and passion for it last year. The Australians were far better this year, but claiming we don't care just because we got hammered doesn't seem to stand up really. No-one was pointing out the relative popularity of cricket last year.

I'm well aware of the attendances for the last Ashes, but I maintain that cricket isn't half the popular sport here as it is with the aussies.

I'm saying that the Australians go over the top with their celebrations.

to be honest it'd be like Newcastle twatting Darlington in the 3rd round of the cup and the Newcastle fans celebrating like we'd won the fucking thing.

I'm well aware of the attendances for the last Ashes, but I maintain that cricket isn't half the popular sport here as it is with the aussies.

to be honest it'd be like Newcastle twatting Darlington in the 3rd round of the cup and the Newcastle fans celebrating like we'd won the fucking thing.

MBEs, a ticker tape parade, and an audience with the Prime Minister for us last year. Not sure how you can say the Aussies are celebrating more than the English did/would. :yes

you're talking about official recognition, I'm talking about the average joe.

maybe I've just forever lived in a bubble of people who have never given a crap about cricket, be it at home, at work or at uni. :yes

i would at least liked to have seen an English win.

Thats why you have "5-0" in your sig then is it? :yes

Nah i was writing as if i had just flow half way around the world to see my team play cricket but get thumped time and time again. So if i had done that i would of at least liked to have seen at least one win through the whole series.

I seem to recall countless messages on my phone from a mate in England taking the piss and countless posts on here last year, a ticker tape parade and MBE's given to everyone and i think at one stage a knighthood or something was being talked about or maybe that was just messageboard jargen. I dont think i have ever really celebrated belting England, it hasnt phased me to be honest until we lost last year and i saw all the festivities and royalty that the England cricket team were given. It annoyed me as we have dominated time and time again year after year and we dont get all that stupid royalty shit, ticker tape parades and crap like that so this year i was going to kick up a stink once we won to bring England back down to Earth with a thud. But it wasnt as close as i hoped so once again it is back to normality and im sorta bored of it already.

Was a good dominating series but England were an utter shambles and to be even more honest i think it is the papers kicking more of a stink out of it then anyone. I dont think too much has been said about it at my local cricket club so im not sure where this motion of kicking up a hooler and whoop is. It is banter most of it tongue in cheek and it goes back and forth even when you lose. I think ive just written a whole lot of bollocks, tbh :yes

I would say it is probably cause your England and our apparent 'motherland' but fuck knows. Maybe it is cause so many English live in Australia and vice versa, who knows really.

MBEs, a ticker tape parade, and an audience with the Prime Minister for us last year. Not sure how you can say the Aussies are celebrating more than the English did/would. :yes

Spot on.