Arsenal fans taunted Roeder about Tumour.

Jimbo

Because it's not that offensive. Shows him up to be a whining tart and it isn't the first time.

*sob* they made fun of me, sir, a condition which I haven't even got anymore but I still don't like it *sob*

Trying (but failing) to divert criticism away from his team's poor form is his aim.

No doubt you'll come back to me and said no-one has ever died as a direct result of them being black again.

You've just inspired my from btw ;)

You really believe "it's not that offensive"? and therefore acceptable ?

Didn't realise they mere mutually exclusive, is it one or the other?

I'd love to live in a polarised world like you do.

Edited by Sima

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's not that offensive. Shows him up to be a whining tart and it isn't the first time.

*sob* they made fun of me, sir, a condition which I haven't even got anymore but I still don't like it *sob*

Trying (but failing) to divert criticism away from his team's poor form is his aim.

No doubt you'll come back to me and said no-one has ever died as a direct result of them being black again.

You've just inspired my from btw ;)

You really believe "it's not that offensive"? and therefore acceptable ?

If Roeder had lost his wife due to a brain tumor (for example) then yes, it's offensive.

How is it offensive when he doesn't actually have a brain tumor anymore? Would you seriously be offended if someone shouted it at you?

I am only defending his right to reply.

I do not believe because he got better he's fair game. I guess his family who probably went through hell and others who simillarly suffered and then read/hear of the reports will feel OK as well.

I'm just curious what makes it acceptable in this day and age of "correctness"

As it happens I personally find the Lua Lua issue more personally offensive and hurtful having been there myself but that doesn't effect my opinion of Roeders "right to reply" IMO.

And Sima you still haven't answered my question - is it in your opinion acceptable?

That's what one of these "?" means, I was asking a question not stating anything

Harry Roberts is our friend

How many lived and how many died

Who is honest enough to admit chanting these in the past?

I have

the Harry Roberts one many times ;) , but usually i would say the police have been cunts to provoke such response

i hate man utd, but never the hillsboro one

I do not believe because he got better he's fair game. I guess his family who probably went through hell and others who simillarly suffered and then read/hear of the reports will feel OK as well.

As it happens I personally find the Lua Lua issue more personally offensive and hurtful having been there myself but that doesn't effect my opinion of Roeders "right to reply" IMO.

And Sima you still haven't answered my question - is it in your opinion acceptable?

That's what one of these "?" means, I was asking a question not stating anything

Where have I said it's acceptable? Like I said before, my disagreeing with you in saying that it's as bad as racial chanting seems to make you believe that I think it's acceptable. Like I said before it's not mutually exclusive. Twisting my words tbh

Edited by Sima

Where have I said it's acceptable? Like I said before, my disagreeing with you in saying that it's as bad as racial chanting seems to make you believe that I think it's acceptable. Like I said before it's not mutually exclusive. Twisting my words tbh

Not twisting your words at all.

You said it wasn't that offensive, so I asked did you think it was therefore acceptable, which I guess you're now saying it's not.

SOOOO Roeder has every right to comment, SOOOOO I win ;)

Just because it isn't offensive doesn't mean that it's totally acceptable ffs. You sound like the kind of person that complained that all people were paedos if they weren't apalled by the Brass Eye special.

Maybe in your world things are so polarised.

Just because it isn't offensive doesn't mean that it's totally acceptable ffs. You sound like the kind of person that complained that all people were paedos if they weren't apalled by the Brass Eye special.

Maybe in your world things are so polarised.

Fuck me all I asked was "do you think it's acceptable" is it or isn't it ?

I never stated you thought so, but simply asked the question

So do you ?, yes or no (and hurry up because I've got to fuck off 250 miles to Aberdeen in 20 minutes time)

BTW in my world it's always various shades of grey and there's very little black and white or + and - if you prefer

I think Roeder (or anyone else in a similar situation) is entitled to fidn it as offensive as any racist type chanting, though i don't think they would.

To paraphrase Roeder, he's not offended by the opinion of the fuckwitts who were saying that stuff and could only be botherd by the words of somebody he actually respects.

And i agree with the person who said it would be far worse and every bit as bad as racist abuse if his wife had died of a disease and people taunted him about that. Whereas mentioning he had a tumour something he's well aware of but free from now isn't going to bother him that much at IMO, but he's entitled to be botherd by it.

;)

for fucks sake....

It is offensive and it takes a right cunt to say it.

End of the line.

:lol:

The bloke nearly died ffs. Yes, he should rise above the morons, but I'd say he has every right to be bothered by someone taunting him because of that.

Guest Patrokles

If you are a top-level manager (Glenn's not ability wise, just club wise) you expect baiting from opposition fans. If he can't take it, he can fuck off tbh.

One of his coaching staff? Probably Lee Clark tbh. Surprised he can gurn and move his fingers at the same time.

I can only assume that you didn't actually bother reading the article, where he showed that he can, in fact, take it.

I believe he has the right to comment on it all he likes but the more he choses to comment on it the less respect I will have for him. His priorities should not include highlighting the hitherto silent struggle of managers with tumours.

................ but a taunt about skin colour isn't a taunt about something that could kill you.

Holy mackeral Andy, lotta darkies south of the Mason-Dixon line might argue that point. them hooded Klan boys could kill you because of skin colour ;)

;)

for fucks sake....

End of the line.

The bloke nearly died ffs. Yes, he should rise above the morons, but I'd say he has every right to be bothered by someone taunting him because of that.

Did he? That's a serious question by the way, as all I've ever heard is that he collapsed whilst working. Didn't realise he was close to death with it.

;)

for fucks sake....

End of the line.

Did he? That's a serious question by the way, as all I've ever heard is that he collapsed whilst working. Didn't realise he was close to death with it.

Well, to be honest with you I don't know. The point I was trying to make is that it is a life-threatening illness. I should have really said he could have died.

Terms that may or may not be offensive to a manger/player:

Cunt

Cancer/Tumour boy

Coon

Paki

Lazy French Twat

Wanker

Things that will cause untold offence/nervous breakdown to a football fan:

Waving

Celebrating

Clapping

Doing a small jig