Team V Frankfurt

TOPTOON

With Parker and the Zog doubtfull and Moore and Baba still expected to be out too with Owen, Ameobi and Bernard. what should the team be??

IMO Although this would be nice to win, this is definately not a 'must win', so i'd save the very delicate and seemingly very important Dyer for the more important premiership for starters (as he could break down at anytime now) and give Luque another chance. I'd also want Martins to play only a bit part too ideally. I'd also try and get as many of the young lads on as i could and i'd be tempted to blood young huntingdon as we may be needing him very very soon. Also would be nice to see Pattison and O'brien given a run out too.

Similar formation to ours v Celta i'd go:

GIVEN

NOBBY TAYLOR BRAMBLE/HUNTINGDON RAMAGE

PATTISON BUTT EMRE

MILNER SIBIERSKI LUQUE

SUBS

HARPER/PAV

HUNTINGDON (tempted to start him instead of Car or Shambles)

EDGAR

CAR

O'BRIEN

TROISI

MARTINS

I would be making a list of all of the players we have registered for Europe who don't get a game normally and cobbling together a team from it. With the injuries we've got we should be resting pretty much anyone we can for what is pretty much a meaningless game. I don't see Fener winning their next two games.

I would be making a list of all of the players we have registered for Europe who don't get a game normally and cobbling together a team from it. With the injuries we've got we should be resting pretty much anyone we can for what is pretty much a meaningless game. I don't see Fener winning their next two games.

Unfortunately I would go for the same. I hate Frankfurt winning this game, but looking at the injury problems and the league position this game should be regarded as a reserve game.

I'll sit in the main stands among Frankfurt fans. If we send a better youth team and Frankfurt give us a tonking we can run a sweepstake at what minute I'll get chucked out of the stadium. :calmdown:

What's the state of play with the table? Have Frankfurt got a chance of qualifying or are they out? I hope it's the latter, and that they send out a weakened side.

As Gemmill says, I hope we send out a cobbled side full of youngsters and get a draw - if the table says that a draw will be enough.

What's the state of play with the table? Have Frankfurt got a chance of qualifying or are they out? I hope it's the latter, and that they send out a weakened side.

It's a must win game for Frankfurt. They need wins against us and Fenerbahce in the last game. They looked shambolic in the last couple of weeks.

Agree but I'd like to see the same back four as the weekend working together again, even better workout if there's kids in front and they're under the cosh.

Agree but I'd like to see the same back four as the weekend working together again, even better workout if there's kids in front and they're under the cosh.

Absolutely, need to keep the back five together to build up a bit of understanding and teamwork.

As we have already qualified for the next round and we have so many injuries I would sugest:-

.....................................................Given

..Reserve team LFB.......Huntingdon..............Taylor.............Reserve team RFB

...Nobby................Reserve team LMF.............Butt.................Reserve team RMF

.........................................Martins....................Luque

Sibby

Res

Res

Res

Pav

Let's see what we have in reserve!

As we have already qualified for the next round and we have so many injuries I would sugest:-

..Reserve team LFB.......Huntingdon..............Taylor.............Reserve team RFB

...Nobby................Reserve team LMF.............Butt.................Reserve team RMF

Sibby

Res

Res

Res

Pav

Other than you mixing up your left and rights i agree in principle it may be foolish to take unesscessary risks with certain players and i'd like to see more of Huntingdon pattison and O'brien in particular. You don't rate Martins then? or is he there just to give us a chance?

Edited by TOPTOON

I'd be resting as many senior players as possible, and giving a chance to players who haven't had many/any games this season.

I can see what people are saying about keeping the defence together since in recent games they are going well and you want that to continue, but you just know we will get more injuries to anyone who is playing well!

..Reserve team RFB ;) .......Huntingdon..............Taylor.............Reserve team LFB :D

Sibby

Res

Res

Res

Pav

Other than you mixing up your left and rights i agree in principle it may be foolish to take unesscessary risks with certain players and i'd like to see more of Huntingdon pattison and O'brien in particular. You don't rate Martins then? or is he there just to give us a chance?

Ooops, I just corrected that :P

It isn't that I don't rate Martins, I think the more playing time he has the more chance he has to start scoring and prove he was a good buy.

..Reserve team RFB ;) .......Huntingdon..............Taylor.............Reserve team LFB :D

Sibby

Res

Res

Res

Pav

Ooops, I just corrected that :P

It isn't that I don't rate Martins, I think the more playing time he has the more chance he has to start scoring and prove he was a good buy.

Not registered to play in Europe

I'd play Carr and rest Solano or whoever would play in his position.

Same here. Even if Carr is still injured! Hopefully his injury will get a little bit worse and keep him out of the League side for a while longer.

Tbf, though, Nobby hasn't had anyone of any class up against him yet, so I reserve the right to be fickle and change my mind, if and when I desire it ;)