Anyone wear YSL?

Smooth Operator

Anyone got any brands they do wear/care to declare an affinity with?

Come on, lets have a laugh.

I'd like to think I'm not 'brand led' but Diesel always seem to have one or two decent offerings (belts and kecks anyways, not really so much for tops) and I'm well into Hudson shoes at the minute.

As far as predictions go, I'll get the ball rolling. I reckon:

Wacky: Sonnetti/Stone Island

SMO: Firetrap

Renton: Geordie Jeans

Gemmill: Tesco own

Alex: Sergio Georgini

Brock:Top Man

Fish: USC

Wincing at all of the above btw.

casual wear - stussy, carhartt, red ear, penguin, maharishi

posh threads - paul smith, reiss etc

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to think I'm not 'brand led' but Diesel always seem to have one or two decent offerings (belts and kecks anyways, not really so much for tops) and I'm well into Hudson shoes at the minute.

Should come under 'posh threads' tbh. Canny dear both of those for what they are.

Should come under 'posh threads' tbh. Canny dear both of those for what they are.

you can get some belter penguin polo shirts in tk max :lol:

I've actually never owned anything by Firetrap.

I find George at Asda has all my fashion needs under one roof tbh.

In all seriousness, I'm strictly an old school Lacoste, paul & shark, duffer, carhartt geezer.

Btw, Wacky would love to be able to afford Stone Island gear, he has to settle for knock off stuff though in extra small/kids sizes.

me, marks and sparks stuff for work. lasts forever and looks tidy.

trolleys by paul smith or calvin klein when i wear them

smart stuff is paul smith.

casual stuff is pretty much anything.

trainers and footy boots by adidas only.

501's renton is right though haven't worn them since 93.... if you have reasonable sized bits its actually quite awkward....

I would get Marksies suits for work, but they don't make the jackets with long enough sleeves. The clothes are designed for fucking midgets - 42 Long jacket, and the sleeves are halfway up my arms. :)

(pork)nuckle dragger tbh

I would get Marksies suits for work, but they don't make the jackets with long enough sleeves. The clothes are designed for fucking midgets - 42 Long jacket, and the sleeves are halfway up my arms. :D

Surprisingly Wacky doesn't entertain M&S's midget range. :)

Got some nice shirts sent over from Italy by a mate, not a brand as such but really nice.

I've got to agree with Gemmil, the M&S suits are too short in the arm for me, I only really wear two suits, but I've a few jackets from the Next Clearance shop... only cost me £15 each... fucking bargain.

Shoes... I dunno I just pop into Schuh or the like and pick something I like.

Trainers is Adidas.

Jeans are either Next, H&M or Topman. :)

Plain t-shirts from H&M, nice t-shirts/casual shirts from a store called ARK in the Corn Exchange, sells Tokyu and the like

If I'm buying something nice I'll go into House of Fraiser and pick and choose from the brands in there

Had a couple of Stone Island items a while ago but found I never wore them, their gear is overpriced shite imo. Labels I've found myself always going back to are Marco Polo for Jackets, Cardy's & T-shirts, Ralph Lauren for T'shirts, them polo sports numbers. On the jeans front it's Wranglers, they enhance my bulge and arse lovely, then cap this all off with a pair of Adidas superstars.

Put this all in the mix and you've got 4ft fanny magnet :)

On the subject of designer fashion. I had a 'British Popular Culture' lecture today at Uni, which this week was focussing on Shopping and Consumerism. The lecturer who takes this is one of the big 'experts' in British Retail/Consumer History, and he's written countless stuff on the subject.

He was going on a big rant about designer labels today. Apparently they're not actually designed by the labels they have. Many of them are designed by a company based in New Jersey, which then makes them in China/India/Indonesia etc. All they do is pay the designer labels for the licence to stick their names on it.

He then went onto a similar rant about perfumes and aftershaves. All the fashion label ones - Calvin Klein, Stella McCartney, DKNY, Tommy Hilfiger etc. They actually know nothing about perfumes and just sell the licence for them to an Oxford based subsidiary of Unilever called 'Industrial Odors' which also produces the odors for stuff like Flash and Toilet Duck, which apparently is a very similar process.

And then there was his class and personality theories that he's conducted on City Centre vs Shopping Mall shoppers.

Levis twisted are the second best jeans ever made tbh!

They make you look like a mong man Gejon. They're the denim equivalent of calipers.

They fit so well, just don't have the style to pull them off Gemmill ;)

I don't really wear designer gear. I buy what i think looks nice, it doesn't have to cost a bomb and have a name on it. I've got plenty of nice t-shirts n trousers from matalan. Only time i'll ever wear something posh or expensive is if i'm going out on the lash, or there's a wedding or some shit going on.

The best jeans I ever had were by Pringle but I don't think they make jeans anymore unfortunately ;)

I actually have a YSL jacket but it doesnt have the logo sprawled all over it, just a tiny little label on the pocket.