Suffolk Killer(s)

Happy Face

Detective Chief Superintendent Stewart Gull, leading the investigation, said tonight that the bodies of two women were found this afternoon in woodland near Ipswich after a tip-off from a passer-by.

"The natural assumption is that these are the two missing women," he said, referring to Paula Clennell and Annette Nicholls, two prostitutes who had been reported missing.

Earlier Miss Clennell's father Brian, who did not know she was a prostitute, appealed for clients to come forward to help police find the killer.

"And in this moment in time I must send my heart out to the families of those that’s been identified in this horrific, perverted, psycho, sicko campaign.

"This man needs to be caught and I think the truth lies with the punters.

"The fat, smelly perverts. They should come forward and stop this murder that’s going on."

Is that any way to ask a favour of someone!

EDIT: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2500571_1,00.html

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.sky.com/skynews/google/map/gen...3556467,00.html

If you scrole about 2.5 screens up the coast on that map it puts into perspective how close I live to all this.

Jimbo blatantly trying to put us and the police off the scent by brazenly showing us his proximity to the murders.

I went off Jimbo's scent ages ago.

If you scrole about 2.5 screens up the coast on that map it puts into perspective how close I live to all this.

Jimbo blatantly trying to put us and the police off the scent by brazenly showing us his proximity to the murders.

I was quickly eliminated from the enquiry, as my DNA is spread far and wide across the area.

I was quickly eliminated from the enquiry, as my DNA is spread far and wide across the area.

Far and wide across your keyboard more like.

Far and wide across your keyboard more like.

And the screen on a good day.

They've arrested someone....

A 37-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering five women whose bodies were found at sites around the Ipswich area.

Supermarket worker Tom Stephens was arrested by police at his home at Trimley St Martin, near Felixstowe.

He is being held on suspicion of murdering prostitutes Gemma Adams, Anneli Alderton, Tania Nicol, Paula Clennell and Annette Nicholls.

Mr Stephens is in custody at an unnamed police station in Suffolk.

He is due to be questioned by detectives later on Monday.

The house, in Jubilee Close, Trimley St Martin had been visited by police earlier in the investigation and items had been taken away for examination.

Det Ch Supt Stewart Gull said: "We will not be naming the police station where the man is being held.

"As legal proceedings are now active, Suffolk Police will not be issuing further comments or appeals at this stage."

The five dead women, aged between 19 and 29, were all found naked in rural settings within 10 miles of Ipswich.

They all worked as prostitutes, were drug-users and their bodies were found close to the A14 road.

Mr Stephens was arrested at 0720 GMT on Monday in the village, which is close to the A14 road between Ipswich and Felixstowe.

The village of Trimley St Martin was last in the national news when 17-year-old Vicki Hall vanished on her way home from a nightclub in Felixstowe in 1999 and was found dead in a water-filled ditch at Creeting St Peter - 25 miles from Felixstowe.

It was believed she had been asphyxiated but a post-mortem examination proved inconclusive.

Police have not linked this case with the deaths of the five prostitutes.

On Monday they were unable to confirm Mr Stephens would be questioned about Miss Hall's murder.

The deaths of the five sex workers prompted a murder investigation on an unprecedented scale in recent British history, with officers receiving a large amount of potential evidence and thousands of calls from the public.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/6189409.stm

Find it strange that they've named him already and makes you wonder if they've got something concrete on him. I remember when they arrested Ian Huntley, despite the fact that everyone knew who they arrested, the police refused to mention them by name.

Also given the fact that he comes from the same village as that young girl 7 years ago who was murdered, you've got to wonder if the police are linking him to that too...

Well I hope it turns out to be him for the sake of the lasses that have been killed and any other potential future victims. I also hope he gets a proper fucking sentence for it.

5 victims, he wont ever get out if its him!

Well I hope it turns out to be him for the sake of the lasses that have been killed and any other potential future victims. I also hope he gets a proper fucking sentence for it.

You'd like to think so.

You'd like to think so.

Surely got to be 5 life sentences, whats the minimum for "life" ? 15 years?

75 years for a 37 year old, can't see him getting out.

You'd like to think so.

Agreed....

On another note, I hope to fuck the police are right otherwise they've opened up an innocent member of the public for vigilante attacks.

Surely it's not right to name him at this stage? :lol:

You'd like to think so.

Depends if they run them consecutively or concurrently...

The maximum sentence currently operation in this country is 50 years IIRC.

You'd like to think so.

I don't think it works like that, but he'll get a very long sentence if convicted.

How long did Huntley get?

2 life sentences, no time-scale given (don't think there ever is with 'life' as the length of it is descretional for the Home Office.

I read somewhere that he is not to be considered for parole before 40 years though - same as the likes of Rose West and Ian Brady...

How long did Huntley get?

Something like 40 years iirc (that's before he can be considered for parole though, not when he gets out, so it's a minimum sentence).