Cooking

Gemmill

Really must get myself down to this place. Within 10 minutes' walk and I still haven't gone in nearly seven years of living around here. :blush::lol:http://www.italianfo...id=46&Itemid=54

You'd like this place, just opposite my office, little Italian Deli. More a cafe than the place you link above, but has a great range of traditional Italian fare; meats, cheeses, breads, pastas, booze.

Really must get myself down to this place. Within 10 minutes' walk and I still haven't gone in nearly seven years of living around here. :blush::lol:http://www.italianfo...id=46&Itemid=54

I'm bad enough when I go to the Newington Green fruit & veg shop ffs, you can't let me anywhere near a place like that. :lol:

Now whenever we go, the GF just leaves me have a look at all the different stuff whilst she queues and pays. :D

Given your initial confusion, it seemed more important to stress that marsala was a liquid and not a powder, for your saucepan's sake. The nature of the liquid was secondary at that point. :) Glad you're glad, anyway!

Is that one portion?! You fat cunt! :lol:

:lol: Listen hoover boy, its not as bad as it looks! Those are chicken breast steaks, not chicken breasts, so two steaks = one breast. The mushrooms are healthy and our lass said three nests of tagliatelle. (I only wanted two).

Of all the portly food network chefs, you went with the portliest's recipe. Emeril Lagasse ffs. ;)

<- does a decent-looking baked marsala chicken.

I always do the same. Google the recipe Im after and go with the one that has the highest reviews / score.

Cant go wrong. (Its like IMDB of food).

:lol: Listen hoover boy, its not as bad as it looks! Those are chicken breast steaks, not chicken breasts, so two steaks = one breast. The mushrooms are healthy and our lass said three nests of tagliatelle. (I only wanted two).

I did hear a bloke on the radio the other day say that mushrooms have no nutritional value.

They're "healthy" in that they don't make you fat, but they don't provide you with any nutrients or vitamins. Something to do with them being low in fibre, meaning they pass straight through you before the nutrients have a chance to be absorbed. He was probably talking shite though!

So Chicken Marsala..... Done.

(Nice reccomend Fist)

No problem Blob, except I didn't recommend it.

I recommended an entirely different recipe, for different meat, without a stone of pasta.

It did have some of that Curry wine though :lol:

I did hear a bloke on the radio the other day say that mushrooms have no nutritional value.

They're "healthy" in that they don't make you fat, but they don't provide you with any nutrients or vitamins. Something to do with them being low in fibre, meaning they pass straight through you before the nutrients have a chance to be absorbed. He was probably talking shite though!

Not sure, but a quick google says...

Mushrooms are an excellent source of Potassium. A 3-ounce portabella mushroom cap provides more potassium than banana or an orange. Then, mushrooms are low on sodium and fat, so eating mushrooms will help you lower your risk of heart disease.

Not only that, mushrooms can help you lose weight- Mushrooms contain 80%-90% water weight, so they are filling and low in calories. Also, they have low carbohydrate content, so its great for those on a low carb diet. In a study published in the journal Appetite, subjects ate a variety of typically meaty dishes or with mushrooms for one week each. They downed 420 fewer calories on average at each mushroom meal (and they found the meals equally tasty).

Besides this, mushrooms are a great source of Vitamin B and Selenium- which works with Vitamin E to protect skin damage.

Which all sounds great until you add 4 table spoons of butter and a cup of fortified wine to the sauce :lol:

Why would they make chicken breast steaks where you have to eat two to get one portion. :lol: When you buy fillet steak do you consider two to constitute one portion? One of those things is one portion man.