Cooking

Gemmill

Yeah it's my mecca so to speak. Always have fresh lemongrass and corriander in there.

Excellent. I remember when it first opened, I swear I nearly cried. Was having to survive on the Patak pastes people would bring across when they visited (along with Chocolate Hobnobs and Monster Munch... it's funny what you end up craving).

Garlic Dipping Sauce.

At the El Coto the other day we had the most delicious garlic dipping sauce. Do any of the budding Jamies out there have an exceptional recipe for this. I have tried a few off the net in the past but nothing quite as good as this one.

It was almost garlic flavoured cream.

tbf the garlic butter at el coto you get with the bread is pretty good, although very garlicy indeed, so I pity CT's passengers.

Going to try that cauliflower rice tip tonight with my chilli. :)

Edit: aye, worked well, you need to like cauliflower like, obviously. ;)

Edited by Renton

tbf the garlic butter at el coto you get with the bread is pretty good, although very garlicy indeed, so I pity CT's passengers.

Going to try that cauliflower rice tip tonight with my chilli. :)

Edit: aye, worked well, you need to like cauliflower like, obviously. ;)

Its damn good and tbh I thought it was a lot less garlicy than most you get.

Was also going to try the cauliflower rice today but went for Glooms brown rice instead.

Not sure its going to be that easy to blend it with a simple hand blender. Did you microwave it dry?

Just steam it. Probably the easiest way is to put it in a tupperware with a small amount of water and then put it in the microwave. Just keep giving it a blast and checking it.

Blitz it pre cooking. I've done it both ways and blitzing it post can just leave you with mush.

Garlic Dipping Sauce.

At the El Coto the other day we had the most delicious garlic dipping sauce. Do any of the budding Jamies out there have an exceptional recipe for this. I have tried a few off the net in the past but nothing quite as good as this one.

It was almost garlic flavoured cream.

Got a nice quick response from El Coto.

"Anyhow, the garlic mayonnaise is made using traditional, plain mayonnaise, which we then mix with: finely chopped garlic, parsley and olive oil blended together with a hand-blender until smooth. Quantities of garlic can be adjusted so suit personal taste."

Obviously the hard part is trial and error of Quantities / ratios to get the right taste. :(

Ask them how they make their traditional, plain mayonnaise. I assume it's not Hellmann's, though it'd be hilarious if it was. ;)

Im going to have a bash at the recipe for mayo in the silver spoon. Has a basic mayo sauce and then lots of variations (except garlic) :lol: