Cooking

Gemmill

Disaster :(

After Id fried onions, apple, garlic and added curry paste I realised pan wasn't big enough for all the other ingredients.

Only solution slow cooker.

Teal might be late dear :lol:

apple in curry? weird. what's the recipe?

I'll sort out that other thing for you this weekend btw Brock so you can have a mess about ;)

Cheers Ant. :D

The final result:

Out of the oven

Yay!

Gave it an hour at 160 (fan oven) but turned it down a notch and covered with tin foil for the last 20 mins as it was getting a little brown.

It's spot on like, might have another bit later. :blush2:

Here ya go:

100g light muscovado sugar

100g butter (plus more for greasing the tin)

225g self-raising flour

2 eggs

4 ripe bananas

1 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp cinnamon

• Combine flour and spices.
  • Cube the butter and rub it into the flour until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
  • Throw in all the rest of your ingredients. Beat everything together until everything is incorporated.
  • Put the banana bread mixture into a greased and lined loaf tin (900g loaf tin for the amounts above). Place in the middle shelf of preheated oven and give it 1 hour at 160 (fan oven).
  • Keep a close eye and if the top of the bread gets too brown, cover it with foil (I did this for the last 20 mins). If in doubt, slide in a metal skewer into the bread. If it comes out clean then it's ready.
  • Leave to cool in the loaf tin for 10 minutes before turning out and cooling on a wire rack.

Muscovado sugar is best for banana bread - gives a nice caramel flavour in the background. You can use any sugar though.

If anyone does try it then let me know how it works! :D